Shyftyy's 6-1-2-1-0 Counter football without Counter Strategy

Whats your starting 11?

I've just started a game as Newcastle too...

Bought a new WBL and WBR as backups. The WBL - Neil Taylor from Swansea seemed a bit unneccesary as I realised too late that I had Haidara injured on the bench as well.

Bought Trippier for WBR and he is okay. I did not spend any time scouting otherwise I probably would have tried Clyne :)

The rest of the squad is already in Newcastle and they have the near perfect set-up for this apart from some PPM's

View attachment 422638

Last edited:
Bought a new WBL and WBR as backups. The WBL - Neil Taylor from Swansea seemed a bit unneccesary as I realised too late that I had Haidara injured on the bench as well.

Bought Trippier for WBR and he is okay. I did not spend any time scouting otherwise I probably would have tried Clyne :)

The rest of the squad is already in Newcastle and they have the near perfect set-up for this apart from some PPM's

View attachment 494596

Thanks!

Very similar to my starting 11. I did get rid of Ben Arfa to generate funds just so I had cover for fb's and wb's.

Would you mind showing a screenshot of what your training would be once fluid?

Finally - I've put all of the players on individual roles matching their starting positions, should I leave this on 'Average'? I've moved the general training to be more towards 'more match training' which is on Attacking Movement - general training on Average > ball control.

Aha, I sold Cisse since I wasn't sure if he would fit in the SS role.

I have the role training on average, otherwise with the matches and general training their workload becomes too heavy and they will just drain their stamina.

I will put the screenshot up once fluid :)

Last edited:
i've been having problems with my inter side i tryed almost every possible tactic i could find and all of them were fine but not special , not a tactic that will win you trophies , then i tried this one and it works best no more losing points from teams like verona,torino,catania etc . good job man , if you could just clear a bit training section (match training). thx

i've been having problems with my inter side i tryed almost every possible tactic i could find and all of them were fine but not special , not a tactic that will win you trophies , then i tried this one and it works best no more losing points from teams like verona,torino,catania etc . good job man , if you could just clear a bit training section (match training). thx

Good to hear you're enjoying it! Yes, I had some more requests like this. I will create a better match training section and player filters. Unfortunately I have to get up early so I'll do this tomorrow evening after work.

I was going to reply to you Jasonbhoys but let's just let that picture do the talking :D Awesome results

Last edited:
great tactic so far ! won vs chelsea & won the european supercub vs real madrid, and thats only the first 2 games with the tactic :)

Doing great for me so far, will test more tomorrow Mrs having a moan playing FM to much ;) Few more games and I may turn off my steam update off, new patch will be out soon and will probably **** everything up

Doing great for me so far, will test more tomorrow Mrs having a moan playing FM to much ;) Few more games and I may turn off my steam update off new patch will be out soon and will probably **** everything up

****, didnt know about the new patch. Hope there arent too many ME changes. but I will deal with that tomorrow. My mrs. Already went to bed without me so you know I am in trouble :).

Happy to see you guys enjoy the tactic though. Thank you all for testing so far!

I don't think the new patch is out yet, but it is due some time this month I think.

For the Shadow Striker, would you say this guy needs pace?

11 games in for me and I'm 3rd. I've won 7, drawn 1 and lost 3 - I lost to Man City, Chelsea & Liverpool so not too fussed about that, but I think all but one of their goals came from set pieces. As a result I'm using match training to be Defending Set Pieces!

I don't think the new patch is out yet, but it is due some time this month I think.

For the Shadow Striker, would you say this guy needs pace?

11 games in for me and I'm 3rd. I've won 7, drawn 1 and lost 3 - I lost to Man City, Chelsea & Liverpool so not too fussed about that, but I think all but one of their goals came from set pieces. As a result I'm using match training to be Defending Set Pieces!

Hey Mike,

Yes, I believe all attacking players(SS, BBMs and WBs) should have some speed and first touch. The thought behind that is that we don't want the opposition to catch back up with them when they break though the defense. That being said Speed on 12-13 should be enough.

I will create and release some player filters tonight.

Good point about the defending set pieces. I am not 100% sure if they are set-up correctly with 2 men guarding the near post but if you or anyone else has a better way of stopping those annoying setpieces goals against us, then please let me know.

Player filters would be awesome - as I don't think the set recommended ones built in the game are right for this specific tactic.

Last 4 games I've conceded at least one from a corner or a set piece. I was 2-1 in front against Man Utd then a goal from a corner and then 2 identical goals from a long ball over the top and Welbeck got 2 - lost 4-2... gutted!

keeps on going strong here ^^ like it a lot.. to bad ive got a lot of players i cant use no more since the positions this tactic requires arent their natural positions..