Shyftyy's 6-1-2-1-0 Counter football without Counter Strategy

Player filters would be awesome - as I don't think the set recommended ones built in the game are right for this specific tactic.

Last 4 games I've conceded at least one from a corner or a set piece. I was 2-1 in front against Man Utd then a goal from a corner and then 2 identical goals from a long ball over the top and Welbeck got 2 - lost 4-2... gutted!

Bah, that's horrible. I am not sure if the set ones are not correct. They performed very well in this tactic with Napoli but perhaps they are more allround than what is available at Newcastle meaning there are stats I am missing. Sissoko for example gets tons of chances but is still to score one goal.

I'll have a further look when I come home from work.

keeps on going strong here ^^ like it a lot.. to bad ive got a lot of players i cant use no more since the positions this tactic requires arent their natural positions..

Good to hear :) Who are you playing with? I sometimes user AML's etc as WBs when I know the defense will not be challenged too much or when I simply have to cope with injuries.You should be able to at least re-train some (if you are not playing FMC) :)

Is it possible for you to put up a screenshot?

Last edited:
I'm trying with the arsenal, later I will post some results :D

well i'm playing with nottingham forrest atm, just won the CL and the PL.

My WBL now is Iker munain and in the mc positions i have mata and willshere.. but those arent the best suited positions for them.. but they work for now

Conceding way to many goals from corners. Changed match training to def. set pieces, but that hasn't made any difference. Also drawing almost every match. I'm playing in Italy as well and I also found with a previous tactic like this that the AI gets to grips with it as I started so well. Do you tweak the d-line?

Conceding way to many goals from corners. Changed match training to def. set pieces, but that hasn't made any difference. Also drawing almost every match. I'm playing in Italy as well and I also found with a previous tactic like this that the AI gets to grips with it as I started so well. Do you tweak the d-line?

I'll take a further look at the corners. I do believe that conceding from corners is reported as a semi-bug to SI but not sure if that is actually true or just a matter of players.

I have not yet noticed the ME getting a grip of the tactics but I am early into my first real save with newcastle. I do not tweak the D-line at all.

i'm getting no goals against what so ever, and if i do get a goal against its an absolute beauty.

Ive won now 11 out of 13 games, and havent lost so far.. ive won against chelsea & manu, won the european supercup against real madrid plus ive quilified with brazil for the WC 2018..

so i'm stil very very pleased ;) just to bad there isnt a corner exploit

i'm getting no goals against what so ever, and if i do get a goal against its an absolute beauty.

Ive won now 11 out of 13 games, and havent lost so far.. ive won against chelsea & manu, won the european supercup against real madrid plus ive quilified with brazil for the WC 2018..

so i'm stil very very pleased ;) just to bad there isnt a corner exploit

What are you using as training?

good to have u back mate!!!(H)

will be watching this tread if i have time.

btw did you tested the tactic i send to you by mail?

greetz

@ Mikedodgson,

i'm letting my assistant do all the training, but i have a 5 star training squad so that helps alot..

good to have u back mate!!!(H)

will be watching this tread if i have time.

btw did you tested the tactic i send to you by mail?

greetz

Hey! No not really to be honest. I had a bit of an overdose of FM at that time so that, work and my girlfriend buying me a PS4 let me to not play much football manager at the time. Still undefeated? :)

Main post now updated with Player Filters in the recommended player section. Most time and effort went into the Half Back, Box to Box midfielders and Shadow Striker. I believe the other positions are fairly generic.

Also now testing with a slightly different defense set-up with a ball playing defender as stopper and one BPD as cover. Corner set-up a bit different with the SS closing down on the corner instead of staying forward

Not sure how this changes will work out but I will keep you posted.

What kind of MP and training do you use when the tactic is fluid?

Not 100% sure yet as I am not fluent in all categories yet. I am thinking of going average balanced and tactics or defending set peices

Aaaaaand I jinxed it. Just lost to Arsenal but beat Man city in the cup 3-0 after that

Last edited:
Are you still not changing anything in a match?

Thanks for spending the time doing the player filters, I'm coming up to January so it's very helpful indeed.

Well done! :)

Last edited:
Are you still not changing anything in a match?

Thanks for spending the time doing the player filters, I'm coming up to January so it's very helpful indeed.

Well done! :)

Thanks Mike!

Except for the slight changes mentioned above I only try to influence the match by Substitutions and Team Talks.

I don't do changes to the formation, OI or shouts.