Sick of pele !

ITT we use the word **** a lot.

1. Maybe not, but I think we can all agree that Pele was a far more rounded player than Muller. Muller was a predatory striker, one of the best ever at scoring goals, but as a creator he was truly limited. Goals are not the ONLY currency of a forward, otherwise players like Huntelaar and Bent would be in the top five in the world. It's the same reason why many consider Messi to be better than Ronaldo: creatively he's far superior.
2. Eh? Where did I say that? Stop putting words into my mouth, kthx.
3. And if you'll notice, you only linked to other sites after my comment you quoted from.

I apologise i just realised this so point 3 i take back.

1. I do not want to get into an argument over who is better between pele and muller ? i never have. Pele is obviously the better all round player. I was just making the point that against european teams others have bettered his record.

Anywae IMO the best player ever was zizou but how can he truley ever be compared to pele ? Anyone in pele's court will point to the 1000 goals but this was no where near zidane's job. His job was to controll the tempo and supply such great forwards as raul and ronaldo.
And in terms of sheer talent no one is or ever will come close to maradona.

When asked in public "Who is better for you, Messi or Ronaldo?"

This arrogant ******* said : "Pele is the best of all time" ... sad

I hate how every time Pele comes out with a comment like this everyone says oh he's just being a little cheeky and when Maradona says something like this everyone goes apeshit at how much of a **** he is and how terrible a manager he is. It's amazing the different treatment the two get. I think it's just the the fact that Maradona did coke back in the day.

Why do you even care anyway? Do you know Messi in real life enough to lick his ball sack? I bet Pele said that remark with a grin on his face, as a joke.

I hate how every time Pele comes out with a comment like this everyone says oh he's just being a little cheeky and when Maradona says something like this everyone goes apeshit at how much of a **** he is and how terrible a manager he is. It's amazing the different treatment the two get. I think it's just the the fact that Maradona did coke back in the day.

A coke addict that (remember were on a forum with the majority of English users/football fans) put England out of a World Cup using his hand. ;)

A coke addict that (remember were on a forum with the majority of English users/football fans) put England out of a World Cup using his hand. ;)

25 years and 2 days ago. Time to forget.

Cocaine, Hepatitus, alcohol abuse, obesity, firing air rifles at the press and hitting others with cars - Maradona is a **** of a lad!

The origin of the article is unimportant. It is still his words.

Not necessarily.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

Cocaine, Hepatitus, alcohol abuse, obesity, firing air rifles at the press and hitting others with cars - Maradona is a **** of a lad!

And he also scored loads of goals and single-handedly (pun intended) knocked England out of the World Cup qualifiers.

Not necessarily.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

And he also scored loads of goals and single-handedly (pun intended) knocked England out of the World Cup qualifiers.

Yeah he was a beast, but saying he undeservedly gets stick is wrong. He is a bit of a ***! Amazing player, also a *** :D

Yeah he was a beast, but saying he undeservedly gets stick is wrong. He is a bit of a ***! Amazing player, also a *** :D

My point is that Pelé's a massive *** too, but because of what's happened in the past, you only believe it when Maradona is being a ***.

1) There was an offside rule.
2) He counted goals he scored as a professional footballer. Competitive games and friendlies.
3) Didn't score in Europe, but played in 4 World Cups (won 3 of them), and played in a Brazilian league where the majority of the National team played at the time.
4) It was the 1960's, no the 1430's.
5) Messi isn't on Pele's goalscoring level.
6 and most importantly) It's goal.com

Your point?...

This is the article that has annoyed me.

Barcelona's Lionel Messi must score 1283 goals to be as good as me - Brazil legend Pele - Goal.com

He is once again proving his arrogance by questioning messi's ability to score more goals than himself.

Pele forgets that thier was no offside rule when he played !

I think he is so overated, he never played in europe and counted goals he scored in his garden. I bet if messi was sent back to 1430's brazil, when pele played, he would score 2000 goals.

Ps. to MOD's i know thier is a few threads on him but they all apear to be closed.

There was offside rule oO). Back in 1930s ( Im sure it was typo), Brazilian league was among strongest in the world. So, to score over 1k goals in Brazilian league was harder than in Europe. Messi is playmaker/Shadow striker, he's not true striker ( just like Ronaldo), so I doubt he would score more than 1k goals. I agree with some people, Pele is too loud and I think he should have more dignity. After all, he's the best player ever.

My point is that Pelé's a massive *** too, but because of what's happened in the past, you only believe it when Maradona is being a ***.

Pele is a braggart - agreed. Muhammad Ali was a braggart and people love him for it. Pele just seems to talk about how great he was and its gotten old.

Maradona has done much stupider stuff though, cocaine while at Napoli/Barca etc. Thats more Tittish than bragging himself up (which he also does ;) )

I have nothing against either of them, both amazing players

Tbh I agree. Pele wouldn't last a second in the modern game and needs to stfu. The guy was an amazing goalscorer but I don't think he likes not being the center of attention

Tbh I agree. Pele wouldn't last a second in the modern game and needs to stfu. The guy was an amazing goalscorer but I don't think he likes not being the center of attention

Messi wouldn't last a second in "old game". Game was too physical for him back then.

Back