Sinking the Ship - A FM Story With A Twist

MaximumPower

Reaction score
I am going to do something highly risky here and hope this story is successful. All the managing stories I have seen so far results with a club winning trebles season after season which honestly does get boring after a while. So I devised a new idea which involves myself taking control of a top-notch side and relegating them all the way to the point you are unable to manage them.

Anybody could easily do this by playing U18s in the wrong positions but that leads to the manager being sacked after 7 consecutive 14-0 losses so I added a challenge to it. Attempt to keep the same manager throughout the league system. This means it'll be a slow process to get relegated as you need to have performances declining slowly in order to keep your job and you would need to have the odd cup run in order to keep board and fan confidence. It is a hard task but undoubtedly worth it when you get the feeling of pure evilness after destroying a club you hate.

The team I will use to take this task on is none other than Manchester City.

View attachment 378562

It was an obvious choice as me being a Man United fan. I'm just hoping no Man City fans read this. First update to come soon​

Good luck, not sure it's possible to do it with one manager.

View attachment 378571
So I have to sign high profile players, this is the proverbial arrow to the knee as some would say. But I have 45 million quid to spend so I could just spend it all on an ageing Kaka. Attacking football is simple, play a 3-3-4 on very attacking, makes the game attacking and concedes by the bucket load. I figured that I could run the club into serious debt so points deductions make this job easier for me. I am loving this save!​

Interesting plot... Will definitely follow.

View attachment 378593

Just posting this as I found it funny, I may have changed Kompany's religion! No Jehovah's Witness in the history of earth has managed to do what I've done and I just did it in 2 minutes and best of all, I'm an agnostic!​

Interesting concept. Will be surprised if you don't get sacked with City as anything below 3rd will probably mean you get sacked :lol:

Interesting idea. Not a big fan of City so i like it but could be difficult. Still i like unique

I cried when I read that Jesus part :D

I also love the idea.

Interesting concept and will keep an eye on this, be interesting to see if FM will imitate real life and we continue to maintain high crowds when relegation occurs

I like the concept of having to keep your job throughout. I guess the way to go is slowly so you only slightly underperform each season compared to the objectives otherwise you'll be gone.

I actually wouldn't waste all of your transfer fund - it'll be a good way of keeping people happy if you sign good players. And you don't exactly have to play them if you do.

I like the concept of having to keep your job throughout. I guess the way to go is slowly so you only slightly underperform each season compared to the objectives otherwise you'll be gone.

I actually wouldn't waste all of your transfer fund - it'll be a good way of keeping people happy if you sign good players. And you don't exactly have to play them if you do.
Pretty much my entire plan right there.

View attachment 379085
Okay, finished the month of August. Cancelled all friendlies I could in order to give the team a rusty start. Let the assistant take control of the friendly. Happy with the Hull result as we drop valuable points meaning it'd be harder to be top at the end of the season. Won the Palace match in order to get fan and board confidence up
View attachment 379084
As you may remember, I was told to sign high profile players. So I signed Nahki Wells. I signed him so when I inevitably sell him later on, fans will be happy that I got rid of a useless player for a decent price. Assou-Ekotto was signed just to make it look like I was doing reasonable business in the transfer market, also I liked the name. Kaka was the original signing to fulfil sign high profile players objective but when a rumour appeared that I was interested in Mueller and fans were excited I decided to sign him in order to keep them happy. Dzeko and Barry went so I could start slowly decreasing the team's quality. Oddly enough, Barry got goal of the month with the only goal he scored for us this month in the Hull match.

All the worldwide transfer dealings, Lewandowski was a bargain!

View attachment 379083

If I could get any feedback on layout or anything it'd be much appreciated.