Sir Alex Ferguson: The Career

• Thread starter Thread starter W4NKER
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 143
  • Views Views 38K
Decided to restart the Alex Ferguson career after his retirement today. The first save above was done on FMC which was great for the speed it allowed me to progress, however, a lack of youth players, input on training and a notable lack of available players later in the game meant I lost interest after a few seasons at Old Trafford. So I'll restart on the full version of the game.....

200px-East_Stirlingshire_FC_logo.svg.png

EAST STIRLINGSHIRE APPOINT ALEX FERGUSON AS MANAGER!

33 year old former Rangers striker, Alex Ferguson, has today been given his first job in football management. Taking over little known Shire, Ferguson is tasked with improving the fortunes of a team that is usually the whipping boys of Scottish football.

*I'll give half-season updates at first as it will speed it up and, like me, you will probably have no interest in seeing how my part time players do on a regular basis.

Also I want to emulate better Fergie's achievements at each club. On the FMC save, as you can see on this post http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...-sir-alex-ferguson-career-12.html#post1637111, I over achieved at East Stirlingshire compared to the real Fergie's acomplishments; pretty much equalled his St Mirren record; but as I only stayed 9 days at Aberdeen we failed to overtake the Old Firm as he did and maybe even win a Euorpean trophy before going to United.

so are you going to stay at Aberdeen until you've fulfilled those achievements?

2012/13 - Part One

League

View attachment 339611

With only a few free signings added to a squad that was tipped for the wooden spoon we shot out off the blocks, beating the mighty Rangers and holding the top spot for several weeks.

In the Cups we were knocked out at the first round of the Challenge Cup and the second round of the League Cup.

Even though we stumbled through via replays were managed to still be the the Scottish Cup come the turn of the year.

View attachment 339612View attachment 339613View attachment 339614

*no screen of the league but Rangers are streets ahead of us and we are 9 points clear of third

Obviously with Rangers about our best chance of success is qualifying for the play offs and hoping to sneak through them. But can we do it this year?

2012/13 - Part Two

UNEXPECTED GLORY!!

View attachment 339630

Against all the odds manager Alex Ferguson has secured promotion to the Scottish Second Division.

View attachment 339632

View attachment 339631

On a shoestring budget Ferguson has somehow managed to turn ever-underachievers East Stirlingshire into promotion achievers, all in his debut season. How far can the Scot take the Shire?!?

well done, what i liked about the earlier parts is when you applied for jobs and got rejected so sounds well but hope to see that happen again lol

Decided to restart the Alex Ferguson career after his retirement today. The first save above was done on FMC which was great for the speed it allowed me to progress, however, a lack of youth players, input on training and a notable lack of available players later in the game meant I lost interest after a few seasons at Old Trafford. So I'll restart on the full version of the game.....

200px-East_Stirlingshire_FC_logo.svg.png

EAST STIRLINGSHIRE APPOINT ALEX FERGUSON AS MANAGER!

33 year old former Rangers striker, Alex Ferguson, has today been given his first job in football management. Taking over little known Shire, Ferguson is tasked with improving the fortunes of a team that is usually the whipping boys of Scottish football.

*I'll give half-season updates at first as it will speed it up and, like me, you will probably have no interest in seeing how my part time players do on a regular basis.

you know what before i even saw this i was just thinking it seems about right someone would do this story again and who better then the guy who origianally did it lol good luck and thank you sir alex lol bring on David moyes

2013/14 - Part One

Before the season started St Mirren sacked their manager Danny Lennon. I applied for the job feeling that promotion from Div 3 was enough success for East Stirlingshire. However, the job went to Pat Fenlon instead and I now prepare for life in Div 2. Again with Rangers heavy favourites the maximum we can hope for is the play offs, though the board are happy with just avoiding relegation.

________

Results so far:

We take to life in Div 2 very well and only Rangers seem to pose any threat. The playoffs will be the minimum expectation now.

View attachment 339752

Table:

View attachment 339753
________

Cups:

We knocked out SPL Kilmarnock in the second round of the League Cup but fell in the third to another top flight team, Motherwell.

In the Challenge Cup we really excelled, painfully losing narrowly in the Final, hopefully the first of many finals for me.

View attachment 339751
_________

Maybe another good cup run in the Scottish Cup to come but first and foremost I want to seal back-to-back promotions. I've been keeping an eye on how St Mirren and Aberdeen are doing to see if a job opportunity might appear but both are going well in the SPL so I may be at the Shire for a while yet.

2013/14 - Part Two

UP UP AND AWAY!!

View attachment 339803

BACK-TO-BACK PROMOTIONS!! Sensational stuff. Pretty much the same squad as last year with only a couple of free signings (stats not even worthy of a screenshot!). And another Manager of the Year award.

View attachment 339802

Next year in Div 1 is going to be super tough though with only one promotion spot and the likes of Rangers, Ross County, Kilmarnock and Falkirk to compete with. May take a couple of seasons to get out off this division so I'll be keeping a keen eye on the situations at St Mirren and Aberdeen.

2014/15 - Part One

SEASON OF STRUGGLE!

View attachment 339841

An expected battle against relegation this season after two successful promotions. In a tight league a few wins can propel us up to 4th but a run of bad form could see us go down. Maybe a tactical change is needed. We shall see.

Elsewhere, some managers are under pressure...

View attachment 339848

Though I would need to improve our own form this season to be in a better position should Aberdeen or St Mirren sack their managers

2014/15 - Part Two

SHIRE CONTINUE TO PROGRESS

View attachment 339874

An end of season rally saw us shoot up the league away from the relegation zone and finish in a very respectable 4th place. The mighty Rangers sealed promotion and are finally out of our division - seems like we've been battling each other for eternity!

View attachment 339873

Three players in the team of the year shows how well we performed.

View attachment 339876

One of those, Longridge (loan signing from St Mirren) was our player of the year and without he goals we really would have struggled.

View attachment 339875

Enquired about making the move permanent but St Mirren want £120,000 - far far beyond our budget.

Elsewhere, St Mirren and Aberdeen's formed picked up in the new year and both finished in the top six removing the possibility of one of their managers being sacked. Looks like I'll be starting the season at the Shire again.

ST MIRREN PART WAYS WITH THEIR MANAGER!

Just as I was beginning to prepare for the forthcoming season with East Stirlingshire a news article appeared stating that St Mirren and Billy Stark had parted company. Was this my chance?

I expressed an interest in the job and a few days later the St Mirren chairman stated he was flattered at my interest but could not afford the agreed compensation package.

So I gambled it all on resigning hoping to force St Mirren's hand. Failure to respond and I would be left in the football wilderness.

However...

View attachment 339880
_______

Step One of the Fergie Career complete:

View attachment 339881

2015/16 - Part One

LIFE WITH THE BUDDIES

After the initial joy of being appointed St Mirren manager I soon set about getting a squad together capable of being competitive in the SPL, and maybe sneak a good cup run.

Notable Transfers In

View attachment 340051View attachment 340050View attachment 340048

Reese will become an English Premier League player in a few years without doubt. Bargh has good potential as well and Cooper will be first choice left winger.

2015 Results

View attachment 340052

After a slowish start we have found some consistency and sit 3rd in the SPL. Celtic are obvious favourites for the title but we can hope for a Europa League spot and, with some luck in the draws, a good cup run.

View attachment 340049

In the League Cup we have made it through to the semi finals and look good for a Final appearance.

View attachment 340053

Progress too in the Scottish Cup and a favourable draw.

View attachment 340054

Can we ****** a cup win maybe this season??

February 2016

DONS SACK ANOTHER MANAGER!

View attachment 340137

Unfortunately it has come too soon into my St Mirren tenure so I won't apply.

Fergie lifted the First Division title with St Mirren. As we are currently in the SPL can I go one better than him and lift the top division title? Probably not given Celtic's utter dominance but maybe a cup win or two and I can then set my sights on the Aberdeen job.

2015/16 - Part Two

LEAGUE CUP GLORY!!

View attachment 340508

View attachment 340511

A sensational cup win over Glasgow giants Celtic sealed my first ever trophy and the adoration of Buddies fans for years to come no doubt!

_____

View attachment 340509

We finished 3rd in the league which also was a fantastic achievement and means a place in the Europa League qualifiers as well. Rangers are after my top goalscorer and a few clubs are sniffing round my American wonderkid centre back Reese even though I have slapped a £5m price tag on him.

Keeping this team together over the summer will be my next big challenge.

Back