Sir Alex Ferguson: The Career

• Thread starter Thread starter W4NKER
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 143
  • Views Views 38K
Brilliant Work W4anker. My favourite story on the go just now. Now you've got that trophy will you jump to the Dons when the job comes up again?

Brilliant Work W4anker. My favourite story on the go just now. Now you've got that trophy will you jump to the Dons when the job comes up again?
Yea probably will. Fergie won the First Division with St Mirren in the 70s so I would say the League Cup is as good an achievement.

2016/17

FERGUSON LEADS ST MIRREN TO SPL GLORY!!

Never in a thousand years did I expect to even mount a title challenge at St Mirren. After winning the League Cup last season I was anticipating upping sticks and moving to Aberdeen as soon as that job became available.

As it happened, Stuart McCall remained Dons manager throughout the season and I ended up winning a first ever SPL title with the Buddies! Unbelievable Jeff!

View attachment 342676

View attachment 342677

______

Elsewhere, Celtic denied us a treble as it would turn out. They beat us in the final of the Scottish Cup in a cagey 1-0 win and knocked us out at the semi-final stage of the League Cup.

We lost out to Stoke on away goals in the Europa League qualifiers. At the time I was disappointed but Stoke eventually went on the win the entire competition.

Ah well, Champions League football to look forward too next season!

Back