Reaction score

Sir. ChristianEriksen - Tribute to the 3 strikers.

Football Manager 2014 - Trying to get the 3 strikers formation back. (A)

I haven't test this tactic with a lower league club and don't know if it have potential to succeed for. But, unless we haven't tried, we don't know. Hopefully someone can test this out for me. I tested it with Borussia Dortmund and the results are awesome. The tactic is solid, has possession, a dominating style and scores goals. And it's even defusing better opponents like Bayern München. I played with the latest update (from a dutch Forum) and the stats of the new BVB players (Ramos and Immobile) are very poor. Still managed to have good results!

12/09/2014 - New tactic added

This tactic is tested with Arsenal. Below you can find the results. I won every title in season one, except the CL. Real was lucky against me and won. But since that game I tweaked the tactic some more and it is going very well. Test the tactic, guys!

Old versions
Version 1.0 - 3 Strikers Tribute - Control version - 1.0 - 3 Strikers Tribute
Version 2.0 - 3 Strikers Tribute - Counter version - 2.0 - 3 Strikers Tribute

New version
Tweak - Control - Tweak - 3 Strikers Tribute

The formation

View attachment 352272 View attachment 337447
Old version left and new version right.

The results

View attachment 352263 View attachment 352262 View attachment 352260
First season, no signings. I have played more games than the fixture list here above.

New version results
View attachment 337465 View attachment 337464
View attachment 337429View attachment 337428View attachment 337323View attachment 337322

Opposition Instructions
Yup. OI's are implemented in the tactic.

(Individual) Training
Pre-season
View attachment 352270

In-season
View attachment 352269

Individual training
Role training

D-Line play
I play a sort of D-Line play. I begin every game with the tweak version. If I see the game isn't going as I want it to be and we are not dominating, than I use the option 'drop deeper' and untick 'Use offside trap'.

Good luck using this tactic. Show me the results, please! (K)
Please make a test with the 3 strikers tribute.

New tactic version! [Test phase]
Made already a new version, the 3 strikers tribute tweak 1.0. Some very different tweaks to the tweaks version and it is working as a beast.

Tweaklist.

- A new corner set-up.
- Some different striker roles: a false nine, a complete forward and a deep lying forward.
- Some different formation set up in the midfield: 3 midfielders in a row.
- Mentality to standard and balanced.

Midfielders are coming more from deep into the opposite goal area. It is just a test phase for this new tactic, so let me know what you think about it!

Same D-Line play as in the opening post.

Downloadink
Tweak 1.0 - 3 Strikers Tribute

The Mantorras test
Old version results.

I don't think it needs any tweaking! (H)

View attachment 665041
Thats ok cause what Neymar and the gang couldn't do Messi and his gang did!!!! A 7 game sweep!! Messi with 7 goals and 8 assists! An amazing 24 GF vs only 4 GA!!

View attachment 665095 View attachment 665097 View attachment 665098 View attachment 665101

This is how I lined up:

View attachment 665102

Here are the match stats:

View attachment 665105 View attachment 665108 View attachment 665110 View attachment 665111

View attachment 665113 View attachment 665114 View attachment 665116 View attachment 665118

Last edited:
God i miss these 433 tactics with 3 strikers! Will give this one a go!

is this tactic will survive in second seaon

Hi, quick question because i'm a big newbie and i was neve able to figure it out, how do i add OI's permanently to tactic? I don't really want to add OI's every single game.

Thanks

tactic not working
leaking goals from corner
get 4cc , opponent about 1cc, still loss

Thanks for some tests, guys!

tactic not working
leaking goals from corner
get 4cc , opponent about 1cc, still loss
So I can delete this thread? If you're leaking too much goals from corners than change something! And for sure, every tactic has the 4cc - 1cc story. Maybe you haven't had the team to play this formation. Thanks!

Tried this one in a game in an old save. Hansa Rostock is one of the top teams in the division, my team is pretty mediocre. Demolished them. Needless to say this tactic has great potential.

fPOHU2v.png

Tried this one in a game in an old save. Hansa Rostock is one of the top teams in the division, my team is pretty mediocre. Demolished them. Needless to say this tactic has great potential.

fPOHU2v.png
W0w! Great result. It has potential and I am going to tweak this tactic in the next few days.

Someone interested in making an improved version of the tactic? Because I think the tactic has much more potential and it could be better to tweak this tactic together!

Let me know what you think!

Someone interested in making an improved version of the tactic? Because I think the tactic has much more potential and it could be better to tweak this tactic together!

Let me know what you think!
yes, of course! Tactic has very good attacking play, but I think some tweaks in defence are needed. My players received so many yellow cards. Even 'stay on feet' didn't help. Maybe without tight marking it will be better?