Site Improvements Suggestions

all we need now is redders to make thread raging about the site/admins

Didn't you know? Redders is actually fatshit's alternate account.
The plot thickens. All this time i thought it was Gregor.

---------- Post added at 06:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 AM ----------

Does this mean Redders Infractions are invalid?
Yes it does. Please report any infractions given by Redders to Jake. He will happily remove the infraction then re-infract you. Thanks.

I'll happily double the number of points given by Redders if anyone wishes to try me. :)

I'll happily double the number of points given by Redders if anyone wishes to try me. :)
Thats what i love about you Jake, your a real people person. You are the Jimmy Saville of FM Base.

Why is it whenever I look through threads about matches 99% of them end up in petty arguing. You can not even call it banter or debating. It's becoming a free for all for idiots to voice some **** and wind up another member of the site. It is this sort of thing that has driven me away from the site more and more. People need to chill out more.

Well this site might as well be redders-base for a month or two since its all everyones talking about...

Why is it whenever I look through threads about matches 99% of them end up in petty arguing. You can not even call it banter or debating. It's becoming a free for all for idiots to voice some **** and wind up another member of the site. It is this sort of thing that has driven me away from the site more and more. People need to chill out more.

The thing is, people just don't seem to learn from infractions/bans/closures of threads.

There is only so much we can do, as moderators, when the reality of it is that as soon as someone calms down a bit and actually starts adding to a discussion, someone else takes their place as being a troll/***.

The thing is, people just don't seem to learn from infractions/bans/closures of threads.

There is only so much we can do, as moderators, when the reality of it is that as soon as someone calms down a bit and actually starts adding to a discussion, someone else takes their place as being a troll/***.

I suppose the site has become a bit of a monster to control with the amount of members and new members that join but it has now got to a point that whenever anyone posts a match thread as soon as the final whistle goes it becomes a free for all for some idiots. Maybe just close the thread as soon as the match is over as a temporary measure until people learn.

My sig pwns.

I agree with IanC, people need to lighten up a bit on this site.

I suppose the site has become a bit of a monster to control with the amount of members and new members that join but it has now got to a point that whenever anyone posts a match thread as soon as the final whistle goes it becomes a free for all for some idiots. Maybe just close the thread as soon as the match is over as a temporary measure until people learn.

To be honest, if someone doesn't learn after say, three pointless/trolling infractions on a single thread, then they will normally get a day ban just to calm down.

I think you are overreacting. It really isn't as bad as you are making it out to be. So there are a few idiots. Ignore them.

To be honest, if someone doesn't learn after say, three pointless/trolling infractions on a single thread, then they will normally get a day ban just to calm down.

True but just closing a thread would be easier surely. I do miss coming on this site as much as I did and feel that everytime I log in now it is full of pointless arguments between members.

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

I think you are overreacting. It really isn't as bad as you are making it out to be. So there are a few idiots. Ignore them.

Maybe I am a little bit but it is getting harder and harder to ignore the amount of trolls that have joined the site in recent years.

True but just closing a thread would be easier surely. I do miss coming on this site as much as I did and feel that everytime I log in now it is full of pointless arguments between members.

Easier, yes, but I am of the mentality that one person shouldn't spoil the fun (thread) for everyone else. Thus the individual should be punished, rather than the.. thread?

Easier, yes, but I am of the mentality that one person shouldn't spoil the fun (thread) for everyone else. Thus the individual should be punished, rather than the.. thread?

Fair enough Dunc I see where you are coming from. Just hope some of the idiots now realise they are ruining the forum for some older active members.

Fair enough Dunc I see where you are coming from. Just hope some of the idiots now realise they are ruining the forum for some older active members.
Yes off course they realise. Thats why they do it.

In addition to what Dunc has said, we were talking about this a bit over the weekend, and I'm at the point where I feel the most persistent offenders should get a week ban, then a 500 point one. We've tried to give people lots of chances but people either aren't listening or simply dont care.

Booo.. re-demote Redders! (6)

Booo.. re-demote Redders! (6)

I was infracted by Redders for that.

What a load of ****. My suggestion was to re-demote him.

Back