Site Improvements Suggestions

It's not doing any harm making guides. Personally I think it's good that so many people actually take time to share guides with others. And if they help anyone with their game then they've done their job.

Again, by no means am I saying they're not useful, just they're are alot of guides already, and some of them have just been made for the sake of it.

Don't see any harm in having more guides. If they are **** people won't use them, simple as.

Don't see any harm in having more guides. If they are **** people won't use them, simple as.

Trying to navigate through all the sewage to find the worthwhile guides would be a problem to new members who want the best advice.

Why don't you make guides have a poll at the top with a question like:
'how do you rate this guide?'

...and then you can rate it from 1 to 5 with 5 being the best, so people will know that the best guides will have good ratings.

Why don't you make guides have a poll at the top with a question like:
'how do you rate this guide?'

...and then you can rate it from 1 to 5 with 5 being the best, so people will know that the best guides will have good ratings.

You can already rate threads, basically the same tbh.

I think that you could enable that tool to see how your post is going to look like when you're writing it in Google Chrome or Opera, as it only works for me in Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. I use Chrome and I shouldn't have to open (and even having) other browser just to make edited posts, like the ones you have to do when you have a story or news thread.

I think that you could enable that tool to see how your post is going to look like when you're writing it in Google Chrome or Opera, as it only works for me in Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. I use Chrome and I shouldn't have to open (and even having) other browser just to make edited posts, like the ones you have to do when you have a story or news thread.

vBulletin are still working on a WYSIWYG that works in webkit browsers (Safari, Chrome etc..).

Not many people do it though... so people should start, especially when it comes to things like guides

Where can you see the rating for a thread?

Also I would like to say the site is very good. Maybe a guides section would help to sort through countries so it's easier to find them. Also the rating the guides to see how good they are would be a good idea but I don't know how you could make people do this.

pFodR.png

TlPHd.png

I think the site should have a points system, let's say, like
First Login In The Day +10 Points
Infraction -50 Points
Become a moderator +200 points
Being removed from moderator -200 points
and so on , so people would end up with things like gamerscores, and some forums are only viewable if you have enough points.

Infraction -50 Points
and so on , so people would end up with things like gamerscores, and some forums are only viewable if you have enough points.

I think that would be too much for Sean to do to be honest as he would have to go through every member and there is like 274,408 members and check all the stuff you said. :)

Infraction -50 Points

seems a bit pointless really. Also creating a divide on the forum between members with more points and unfair that those with lower points cant see part of the forum

Infraction -50 Points

We have something kinda like this but it's based on your money'ss

We've had a points addon before. Was meh and pointless.

We've had a points addon before. Was meh and pointless.

Agreed, it has been pretty pointless.

I will think about adding one in again though but maybe just display a users 'Level'. No content will be blocked for low level users though as that just encourages spamming moar.

Points/Cash/Reputation systems on forums which don't offer services in return for financial reward always descend into chaos.

Back