Skins & Other Graphics Rules & Help Thread.

Hello, i bought a mac yesterday and having never used mac before (being so used to the pc!) i am having teething problems with it atm. Anyway i have set up and installed fm12 ok, and gone to download the default bg skin, followed the istructions but the skin didn't appear in my list of skins in the game! I have unticked skin cache, ticked reload skin etc... one thing that was different was that when i downloaded the skin, the skin had already extracted when i looked in my downloads folder (so i didn't need the extractor) so i just moved it to the skins folder from my downloads folder. please if anyone can help me i would really appreciate it as it is winding me up!

Thanks
icon_smile.gif

Where is the list of skins when you start up the game? Are there more than one to choose from without downloading anything extra? Btw im using a Mac.

I am an experienced FM campaigner but I am seriously struggling with uploading a new skin....

I have the facepacks, logos, kits & comps all done...

After extracting the skin (from this site)I have tried all the advice but it still fails...

I need a detailed play-by-play dummy guide of how to do it...

I would really appreciate the help... (I use freearc for extracting files)

Thanking you all kindly

when you extract it are you getting just a normal folder ?

If the skin is in a sub folder take the folders out and put them in my docs / si / fm12

when you extract it are you getting just a normal folder ?

If the skin is in a sub folder take the folders out and put them in my docs / si / fm12

Basically, when I extract the file I get sub folders... Do I just transfer the 1 folder into "skins" in "FM12"???

yeah give that a try
if it doesnt work try it outside the skins folder

yeah give that a try
if it doesnt work try it outside the skins folder

Again mate... please a play-by-play... every step if you can

I feel like a proper ****** considering all the other downloads I have done :'(

so my question is in this picture I can't see the dates of my jobs. so how do I make smaller boxes ??

Everytime I download a skin and try to put it in the game, whilst it's changing to it I keep getting a "Warning: Did not find font resource: fonts/text" message and my game won't load afterwards

Everytime I download a skin and try to put it in the game, whilst it's changing to it I keep getting a "Warning: Did not find font resource: fonts/text" message and my game won't load afterwards

Where are you placing the skin ? should be my docs and not programme files
Never saw an error like that :S

Where are you placing the skin ? should be my docs and not programme files
Never saw an error like that :S

I place it in the skins folder I created within my Football Manager 2012 folder. Happens with every skin EXCEPT the Scorpio skin

Nope, when I open the skin folder it just has the folders the skins came extracted in

would anyone know where i can download the commentary pack for football manager 2011? Still playing it but have lost mine./if anyone has a link or something that would be great, i have tried looking online but all the links have expired.

I've recently downloaded the dark base bg skin. Its not dark enough for me tho, is there a way to like get a stadium picture and darken it and use it as my background at all times in the game. I've got the background pack but just want one pic all the time if ya get me? cheers.

I am currently using Fahrenheit skin (which looks great for me), but there are some things giving me headache. Why are background logos in top bar showing correctly only for clubs that had real logos in default game (Without logo packs - Spain, Italy, France etc. ) and not for clubs from other nations (England, Germany etc. ). Example - Real Arsenal logo (That came along logo mega pack) is in the top bar, but background logo is still default FM12 logo(simple red-colored logo). How can i change this? I am not good at these things so i hope you guys understood me and willing to help me. And one more thing
smile.gif
How can I make those logos in top bar bigger ?
Thanks in advance...
grin.gif

Does the logo pack you downloaded have backgrounds logos in it ? If not download a pack with them ;)

Does the logo pack you downloaded have backgrounds logos in it ? If not download a pack with them ;)

Thought about it but wasn't quite sure that was a problem. ;) Thanks

And by the way, do u know some logo pack that contains background logos ? Tried B'Logos and Hermanchides but still doesn't show proper background logos.

Last edited:
i tried downloading many skins, I installed them as they should be, they did work in out of match mode, but when i would go play a game, my whole game would froze ?? wtf !?! does anyone know how could i fix this? Please guys Im desperate lol been trying to work this out for the past 10 hours or so lol lost my whole day coz of ****** skins.
HELLPPP ANYONE ? LOL

Last edited:
Hi
I have been using the Fahrenheit skin for Football Manager 2012 and have to say I am really impressed.
But i wish to change the threshold to players attributes.
I have changed the following lines in these files:

player attributes panel:
Code:
<integer id="exca" value="19" /> 
<integer id="excn" value="15" /> 
<integer id="excl" value="10" />

player attributes panel overview:
Code:
<integer id="exca" value="19" />
<integer id="excn" value="15" />
<integer id="excl" value="10" />

player attributes panel small:
Code:
<integer id="exca" value="19"/>
<integer id="excn" value="15"/>
<integer id="excl" value="10"/>

And have had no results. Is there a way to edit this?
I would really appreciate if someone could help me with this problem.