Sky duo criticised over comments

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Sky Sports says off-air remarks made by two British television football pundits about female assistant referee Sian Massey were "not acceptable".

More...

Whilst i dont agree with what they did, its being blown out of proportion

Sexism like racism will go away only when the sexes and other races stop making a big deal out of it, being a white male in society these days literally means walking on egg shells

Not the first time Richard Keys has been caught doing this, what a wank.

Sky got shot of Rodney Marsh for slightly racist comments, why is this any different?

And I thought, twats being made pundits was Turkey speciality. Seeing it may be the case even in England is suprising!! Not. Twats are everywhere. Yay!

I will never listen to the commentary on sky if they get rid of Andy Gray:mad:

Sky got shot of Rodney Marsh for slightly racist comments, why is this any different?
Exactly, Its not, and some of the arguments people are using to defend it are same ones they used defend rasism

JonoMufc, that is ne of the stupidest things ive heard in my life. Clearly you have no understanding of racism, becuase when you get the **** kicked out of you for simply being another colour (something you cant control) i can tell you its a very big deal

Whilst i dont agree with what they did, its being blown out of proportion

Sexism like racism will go away only when the sexes and other races stop making a big deal out of it, being a white male in society these days literally means walking on egg shells

If we didn't blow it out of proportion, then what? They'd get away with it: we'd be encouraging people to be sexist. And that stuff about being a white male in society nowadays is hard, that's rubbish. You just need to make sure you don't say anything that can be construed as inflammatory, pretty easy if none of your views are inflammatory.

Rodney's wasn't racist, He thought saying tsunami instead of toon army was funny, which i a way it was. But it was on air the every one reacted over the top. Like a lot of people do.

Where as Keys and Gray were just having a chat through the game. Their thoughts are exactly the same as many. People should get over it. I fully support a number of women being allowed in the game, but they need to be good and not a publicity stunt. But on the same note, if Women want to come into a Mans Sport, then they should expect stuff like this! People may not like it but that is life

Also, it's refreshing not reading Yahoo news. God, those people are annoying

If we didn't blow it out of proportion, then what? They'd get away with it: we'd be encouraging people to be sexist. And that stuff about being a white male in society nowadays is hard, that's rubbish. You just need to make sure you don't say anything that can be construed as inflammatory, pretty easy if none of your views are inflammatory.

Like i said i dont condone what they did, But half the racism and sexist issues we face today are brought up over and over again. At the end of the day the average White male doesnt give a **** about the colour of someones skin nor there ***, but we cant say ****, make jokes

But Females are more then welcome to say **** like, men cant multitask, men are only interested in ***, men are stupid, we are so much smarter

Black people are constantly reminding us of what we did to them in the past cause its to convenient to acknowledge things have changed today

You know what happens when we say anything? RACIST or SEXIST

Last edited:
Rodney's wasn't racist, He thought saying tsunami instead of toon army was funny, which i a way it was. But it was on air the every one reacted over the top. Like a lot of people do.

Where as Keys and Gray were just having a chat through the game. Their thoughts are exactly the same as many. People should get over it. I fully support a number of women being allowed in the game, but they need to be good and not a publicity stunt. But on the same note, if Women want to come into a Mans Sport, then they should expect stuff like this! People may not like it but that is life

Also, it's refreshing not reading Yahoo news. God, those people are annoying
who said its a stunt? again like many who defend it, you make negative assumptions about it. There was no fanfare about her being a linesman during the game from the FA, there are almost 1000 female officials in the game. In fact the only people making a big deal about her being a woman seem to be the ones who think its alright to be sexist...

as for this: But on the same note, if Women want to come into a Mans Sport, then they should expect stuff like this! People may not like it but that is life

yeah i heard the same defence on racism...

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Like i said i dont condone what they did, But half the racism and sexist issues we face today are brought up over and over again. At the end of the day the average White male doesnt give a **** about the colour of someones skin nor there ***, but we cant say ****, make jokes

But Females are more then welcome to say **** like, men cant multitask, men are only interested in ***, men are stupid, we are so much smarter

Black people are constantly reminding us of what we did to them in the past cause its to convenient to acknowledge things have changed today

er.... black people are not, so dont make ridiculous nonsense up

Last edited:
who said its a stunt? again like many who defend it, you make negative assumptions about it. There was no fanfare about her being a linesman during the game from the, infact there are almost 1000 female officials in the game. In fact the only people making a big deal about her being a woman seem to be the ones who think its alright to be sexist...

as for this: But on the same note, if Women want to come into a Mans Sport, then they should expect stuff like this! People may not like it but that is life

yeah i heard the same defence on racism...

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

er.... black people are not, so dont make ridiculous nonsense up

I didn't say it was a stunt, i said as long as it wasn't a Publicity Stunt. And you've heard the same defence for Racism? Ok, well done. But this isn't about Racism, it's about Sexism.
Football is a mans sport, there is no doubt about it. But in football, there are small minded people, people who like to fight, like to be racist and like to be sexist. It is a Occupational Hazard.

What utter rubbish! I think you're prejudiced, personally.

Most of the racism and sexism issues we face today are brought up over and over again because they're important. That's the only reason: we don't LIKE bringing them up. Women only say those things in jest, in the same way men say women can't drive, have no sense of direction, etc. etc. and if you think they're being serious you have a screw loose.

What black people do that? oO) Seriously wtf. Many, in fact most, of the people I know are black, and I go to a racially and culturally diverse outer London comprehensive. NOBODY goes around blaming whites for centuries of oppression. That's a stereotype, and a disgusting one that only adds fuel to the people who actually think that's flames.

And no. You could not be more wrong on the last part. When something that is racist or sexist is said, then it most likely is.

I didn't say it was a stunt, i said as long as it wasn't a Publicity Stunt. And you've heard the same defence for Racism? Ok, well done. But this isn't about Racism, it's about Sexism.
Football is a mans sport, there is no doubt about it. But in football, there are small minded people, people who like to fight, like to be racist and like to be sexist. It is a Occupational Hazard.
its the same ridiculous standpoint. Just becuase there are small minded people doesnt mean you let it slide, otherwise we wouldnt be cracking down on racism, we wouldnt be cracking down on hooligans

Its useless to argue this point

Its only ridiculous cause you dont think it mike, respect others opinions!

Im not prejeducied Godcubed, im merely stating my opinion after living in a society that constantly blames the racist past as a way of covering up the incompetence of the present

Im from south africa and the only thing the politicians do is scream that same message. and for your information I HAVE BLACK FRIENDS

If anything you guys are so black and white with what racism actually is you refuse to acknowledge there may be a grey area

Its useless to argue this point

Its only ridiculous cause you dont think it mike, respect others opinions!

Im not prejeducied Godcubed, im merely stating my opinion after living in a society that constantly blames the racist past as a way of covering up the incompetence of the present

Im from south africa and the only thing the politicians do is scream that same message. and for your information I HAVE BLACK FRIENDS

If anything you guys are so black and white with what racism actually is you refuse to acknowledge there may be a grey area

Regardless of whether he thinks it or not, your point was still ridiculous.

I think you are prejudiced, in a certain way. Maybe this is through no fault of your own, and maybe it's because you live in a society that is completely different from mine in regards to race. However, I certainly acknowledge there is a grey area, as with anything that inspires such passions, but nowhere near as big a grey area as you make out.

ANYWAY. This is not the thread to be arguing it. I think we'd better get back on topic, don't you?

Last edited:
This is proof of people who are on the site just to pointlessly argue, I mean how much more blown out of proportion can this get?

Before yesterday nobody had even spoken about sexism and racism was practically dead yet today everybody is a closet racist and sexist?

Everybody makes jokes, doesn't make them a member of the KKK, so just chill out.

its the same ridiculous standpoint. Just becuase there are small minded people doesnt mean you let it slide, otherwise we wouldnt be cracking down on racism, we wouldnt be cracking down on hooligans

It's not the same Ridiculous stand point. It's what todays game is. It's a good thing, obviously, we are cracking down and Racism and Hooliganism but the sad truth, it is still out there and it is still rife. And the same thing will go for Sexism. I don't support this, i'm just a realist.