Sky Sports News pulled from Freeview

Typical money grabbing Sky. They would make The World Cup pay per view if they could. Wankers.

I'm telling (6)

Mike, you are a bona-fide, 100% ****.

---------- Post added at 07:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 AM ----------

Typical money grabbing Sky. They would make The World Cup pay per view if they could. Wankers.

Well they took the cricket off 4, Lost off 4, Prison Break off 5, there just a bunch of thieves, who wait to see if something is bringing in ratings, then poach it.

you freeview users may have a chance of keeping SSN if your freeview box does not retune for channels automaticly you may still get SSN aslong as you dont do a channel search or retune your box;)

I only watch it for Jeff Stelling on a saturday and a quick peek at Natalie Sawyers ****, otherwise i find myself turning over with embarressment at their reporters making dicks of themselves hounding sports star's, constanty pestering foreign sports stars to comment on England and English sports star's. Also generally stiring the **** in an attempt to create some news and justify a 24 hour sports news channel.

I'm gutted. We have Freeview at our house after dropping V+ a while back.

SSN is by far our most watched channel too.

Virgin TV downstairs but Freeview upstairs.

****. :'(

Nooooo I've got freeview in my room but Sky+HD downstairs. Very annoying though because I watch it all the time upstairs.

Last edited:
glad i've got sky
if i didn't i would go crazy:p

Sorry guys but I am happy. I don't see why I (and the others like me) should pay £75 a month, just so others can get some of the same services for free.

Sorry guys but I am happy. I don't see why I (and the others like me) should pay £75 a month, just so others can get some of the same services for free.

We don't get SS1,2 etc.

Or Sky 1 :(

This is a load of bullcrap.

Luckily I have Sky but still,it's a load of bollocks.

oh the pain - what am I to do?

and someone made the Virgin joke already - oh more pain

SSN has never been a 'paid for' channel, and therefore any decision of yours to get Sky/Virgin wasn't based on the news channel, it was based on the fact that you wanted Sky Sports 1, 2 and 3, as well as numerous other channels which come with the package.

Saying that you are happy because we shouldn't get this service for free... why? It's always been free. It's the same as if E4 came and took their channel off Freeview, when that has always been free. You pay your subscription for a host of channels which we don't get, and now you'd like them to take away the one sports channel we do get.

Shameful Kris, poor show.

Shamefull Kris. Sky Sports News has always been a freeview channel. When are you going to realise that Sky are giving it to you up the rear and charging you for the privilege. 75 quid a month? Outrageous :O No wonder your such a bitter bloke Kris lol :p

Last edited: