Smokers

• Thread starter Thread starter Stann
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 268
  • Views Views 16K
meh.

it's smokers own choice imo, they should know the consequences to their actions.

A bit of a pointless thread, but...

But a bit of information for those who say that smokers waste the NHS and should be treated after those who dont smoke if they are suffering from smoking related illnesses.

The NHS costs around £40 Billion per annum to run (Edit* sorry that was in 2000 its around £80 Billion now)

After excise and VAT smoking produced £10.5 Billion in revenue

According to The Independent tabloid newspaper smokers cost around £4 to 5 Billion a year to treat...

Also the percentage of people smoking is going down as a trend in statistics yet revenue going up.

I've smoke for over ten years now and it was never a problem for me. However due to circumstances I've gone from maybe 10 rollies a day to maybe 25-30, it is affecting my sprots playing and I do need to cut down, but its my choice really.

Last edited:
A bit of a pointless thread, but...

But a bit of information for those who say that smokers waste the NHS and should be treated after those who dont smoke if they are suffering from smoking related illnesses.

The NHS costs around £40 Billion per annum to run

After excise and VAT smoking produced £10.5 Billion in revenue

According to The Independent tabloid newspaper smokers cost around £4-5 Billion a year to treat...

Yeah, but if smokers didn't die of smoking related illnesses, they would die of something else and need treatment for that.

I'm pretty liberal, smoke if you want but at the end of the day it's a waste of money and bad for your health and fitness.

Bit of a bump! God **** addiction, about to do a 3 mile round trip in the darkness and up and down hills to get a pack of tabs. Deary me!

Look at what you are putting into your body's !!

cigarette.jpg

Look at what you are putting into your body's !!

cigarette.jpg

That actually makes me feel sick :S

I don't smoke, and never plan on touching a cigarette. Don't see why someone would do it, but if someone wants to slowly kill themselves, it's not my problem. Just don't do it around me, that's what makes me angry :@

That actually makes me feel sick :S

I don't smoke, and never plan on touching a cigarette. Don't see why someone would do it, but if someone wants to slowly kill themselves, it's not my problem. Just don't do it around me, that's what makes me angry :@

Same, passive smoking really ****** me off because people get tar in their lungs because someone smoked and it can cause to cancer ! :@

I am trying to quit, it is hard to quit though, cutting down, since thursday night, i smoked 38 on a night out. :O only smoked 3 since though, hopefully stop completely be next week.

Smokers disgust me.

(Not you though Scott ;) :wub:)

I am trying to quit, it is hard to quit though, cutting down, since thursday night, i smoked 38 on a night out. :O only smoked 3 since though, hopefully stop completely be next week.

Must've been some night out if you ended up counting the **** you smoked :P

I admire people who manage to quit the addiction so good luck to you. Never seen the attraction in smoking myself so I don't, and when I tried once it I found it was pretty unpleasant anyway.

Must've been some night out if you ended up counting the **** you smoked :P

I admire people who manage to quit the addiction so good luck to you. Never seen the attraction in smoking myself so I don't, and when I tried once it I found it was pretty unpleasant anyway.

I went out with two 20 decks and in the morning woke up with 2 left.... :(

Back