So who's been impressive?

winfield

Reaction score
Everyone has their thoughts on who's underperforming or dissapointing, but who have been the early gems of WC2010 so far? Everyone knows about Messi etc etc, but guys from smaller nations need to get their due. I've watched nearly every match and I've been extremely impressed with these gents. IMO they've risen to the occasion and have been really good for their teams.

Jong Tae-Se: North Korea.
Made world class defenders work hard. Was awesome against the Greeks in the warmups as well. I'm very impressed at how he can hold his own physically against big defenders

Vincent Enyeama: Nigeria
Been keeping his team in games. Sure he made one mistake but has stuffed so many shots that he had no business keeping out.

Magid Bougherra(Sp?)-Algeria
Sure he plays for Rangers and has spent time in the low leagues but he's done a good job for his country.

The entire Switzerland defence: Being able to continually shut Spain's high-tempo play out for an entire game. The ethic to work was truly evident in that performance, they didn't stop running until the final whistle.

The entire Switzerland defence: Being able to continually shut Spain's high-tempo play out for an entire game. The ethic to work was truly evident in that performance, they didn't stop running until the final whistle.
TBH honest when Senderos went out I thought it was over. But it was a real gutsy effort

Rob Green.
**** you. I was drinking and just just sprayed my screen with orange juice.

Kevin-Prince Boateng was brilliant against Serbia.

Diego Forlan

Park Ji Sung

Thomas Muller

Jong Tae Se

Higuan

I gotta say that the Nigerean goalkeeper was top class against Argentina

Eljero Elia, Gio Dos Santos, Forlan, Oezil, Enyeama (Sp) :S

I completely agree, the organization and ethic they put in that performance was stunning and they absolutely deserves the win. They also stayed dangerous on the counter while defending againt a top team like Spain which is, evidently, almost impossible.

Giovani Dos Santos has been good so far imo. Great pace, physique despite his height and his touch on the ball is magnificent.

Mesut Özil and Sami Khedira has looked good on the midfield for Germany in the two games, despite losing to Serbia. It's also interesting to mention that there is 8 players in the German squad who won the u/21 EC last year (including these two).

Alexis Sanchez looked lively against Honduras, and prooved that his technique and pace is very good, but in my eyes, he still needs to proove himself against a better opposition. But i think he has the potential to shine at this tournament.

Last edited:
Really? They were lucky to draw yesterday and they beat Algeria off a goalkeeper blunder. Not really impressive if you ask me. The Yanks have been more impressive coming back from 2-0 and getting robbed of the winner.

The entire German team, even though they lost it was a great preformance. The only player that was a let down was Podolski.

Dos Santos, Torrado & Rafael Marquez have been great for Mexico

But the best player I've seen so far is Sami Khedira!!!!! he's unreal:)