Solid & Efficient Football 4-2-3-1 (Back to Back EPL Titles with LFC)

Getting even better

End of December and still undefeated

Bundesliga, 17 games, 17 wins, 53-6 goals
Champions League 6 games, 5 wins, 1 draw (away vs ManCity) 16-2 goals

Getting even better

End of December and still undefeated

Bundesliga, 17 games, 17 wins, 53-6 goals
Champions League 6 games, 5 wins, 1 draw (away vs ManCity) 16-2 goals

Excellent, i'm planning on trying it out with more teams as well. Did you tweak anything for better results or has it been the same throughout?

I tweaked two things
AF to Poacher, cause I got Lewandowski and Balotelli (the only new singing) they play a lot better in this role than AF
and
allow wide players to swap (for Robben and Ribery, and play them as IF when they change sides)

won Bundesliga with 92 points (2 draws and 2 lost when title was already won)
won Champions League, 3-0 at final vs Real Madrid (only one lost away to Barca in the semi final 1-2 2nd leg won 3-0)
won DFB-Pokal

sometimes at big away games I changed to standard and get OIs by assistant manager

I tweaked two things
AF to Poacher, cause I got Lewandowski and Balotelli (the only new singing) they play a lot better in this role than AF
and
allow wide players to swap (for Robben and Ribery, and play them as IF when they change sides)

won Bundesliga with 92 points (2 draws and 2 lost when title was already won)
won Champions League, 3-0 at final vs Real Madrid (only one lost away to Barca in the semi final 1-2 2nd leg won 3-0)
won DFB-Pokal

sometimes at big away games I changed to standard and get OIs by assistant manager

Very good switches. I'm wishing I had beaten Real Madrid in my UCL endeavors now

TRAINING AND MATCH PREP

Solid & Efficient Football

So this is my very first tactic that I'm posting publicly on the forum and I wanted to share with you all the very tactic that i've got right on my own. This tactic was inspired by the style of Mourinho, Hiddink, Capello and Rafa Benitez. Very tactical and defensively solid managers. This tactic has been effective from patch 14.2 to 14.3. (It actually looks much better in 14.3 as well.)

One of my personal joys is seeing my team record solid 2-0, 3-0 wins with minimal CCC's for the opposition and This tactic that I've created utilizes a solid defensive shape as well as efficient attacking, resulting in those beautiful scores which include the much desired clean sheets.

Tactic:

View attachment 516130View attachment 516132

As you might have noticed, I play a classic 4-2-3-1 with the key of my play being the Tight Marking, Hassle Oppenents and the use of a high line to press the opposition back. The attack varies from drilled crosses into the box to beautiful through balls through the middle with the striker running onto it for a CCC. The CBs and the CMs both has player instructions that including: Closing down More and Mark Tigther. This insures that whenever a opp. player receives the ball, my middle players bite into them and force them back or win the ball. When they don't have the ball, the Defend role for my midfielders form a wall infront of my back four which makes it hard to penetrate my 18 yard box, resulting in wasteful long shots.

Players:

Central Midfielders: The KEY KEY players of this tactic are the two midfielders. They act as your wall infront of the back four. It is imperative that your DLP can distribute the ball with accuracy and spreads the play whenever necessary, meanwhile your BWM should have the energy and stamina to cover a lot of ground and win the ball back aggressively. I signed Alonso in January for 1.2 mil for experience and his amazing mental attributes and in turn, he completely revamped my midfielder and perfected my tactic. I personally believe he is perfect for this type of system/play. Hence the reason you saw him as the most important figure in recent LFC and Madrid sides.

Centre Backs:
Centre backs with high anticipation, high marking, and concentration will excel immensely in this tactic. If you have CBs like Vidic, Terry, Kompany and other commanding CBs you should be golden. The PPMs Mark Opponents tightly and Dives into Tackles are almost a must. As you can see in this SS, my CBs were in TOTY in the EPL.
View attachment 516137

Attacking Mids:
These players should be very good with the ball at their feet and should be able to take on a player when required. Ozil, Coutinho, Gotze, Isco and Silva type players will rack up assists for you in the AP role, mean while the wingers are really of your choosing. If I were to recommend some wingers, I'd say players in the mold of Robben, Hazard and Pedro will do you wonders, They normally score a good amount of goals.

Striker:
To be honest, I'm not quite sure what to say on the strikers, Any type of striker can fit into this tactic, but if I were to pick one, i'd go with a drogba-esque striker. Lewandowski is so bi-polar with his finishing so i'm not sure about him, but I reealllyyyyyy wanted Mitrovic for this role, sadly i couldn't agree a WP for him and Bayern swooped in a took him on deadline day. (Still Crushed by that). Suarez does really well for me though so everything is not lost.

GKs and FBs: Your keeper must be adept at passing the ball from the back and one-ones. Courtios has been a god for me in net so I recommend keepers in his mold. (e.g Cech, Neuer, and Hart). As for fullbacks, its more of a no brainer really. Solid attacking and defensively will get the job done. (e.g Alves, Alaba, Lahm, Clichy, Sagna)
Results:

View attachment 516146View attachment 516147View attachment 516148View attachment 516151View attachment 516153View attachment 516133

Gorgeous Clean sheet victories. Also, pay close attention to the lack of CCC's for the opposition and the shots on to off target ratio. I've seemed to have solid possession of the ball as well. Only conceded 22 goals in 38 matches. Also realize that during the 14.2 patch, conceding from a corner was almost a given so most of the goals conceded were just the ME being an *******. Won a treble this year as well. (EPL Title, FA Cup, Community Shield). I was knocked out of the QFs of the CL. by Real Madrid by a bullshit penalty in the last minute so they could win on away goals 3-3. They went on to win the Champions League so i guess its okay.

Special Notes:

- This tactic needs to be fluid as should be expected with most tactics.
- Its not a plug and play tactic, you have to be aware of your situations here. For example, whenever i'm up 1-0 or 2-0 I tend to switch instructions to drop deeper, no offside trap and sometimes I lower the tempo and retain possession more to kill the game off. (ONLY DO SO in the second half around the 60th minutes)
-I use no Opp. Instructions as this tactic requires the team to defend as unit instead of nullifying singular threats, HOWEVER use common sense with Opp. instructions when required. (e.g. a striker player is right footed only, show him to left)
-Switch the formation up a bit by changing the AP CAM to DM Anchor for extra protection in the middle and more control of the game.
-Don't be afraid to tweak the tactic and player roles, they'll win you games.
-If you can buy Alonso, DO IT ASAP! He will change your life with how well he fits into this role. If you can't buy Alonso, find someone like him or groom one.

-
View attachment 516192

PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK WHEN YOU TRY IT. I'd greatly appreciate advice and constructive criticism.

P.S. I named the link after my fancy Dutch Tactician Name for my next save Sebastian Van Heijder

Hello

What do you use for TRAINING and MATCH PREP,??

Thanks a lot

Hello

What do you use for TRAINING and MATCH PREP,??

Thanks a lot

Pre-season I used Tactics Only with Fitness on Very High. Match Training bar was moved all the way to the left. I lowered the intensity of the training to average or high once i got closer to the season and eventually shifted it to defending. my match prep was switched to Def. Set Pieces and i left it like that for the rest of the season. I hated conceding goals from set pieces.

Have to say I can't test this properly. On the process of getting fluid, this tactic lets in WAY too many CCC's from what I experienced. For example, even with an anchorman alteration when i noticed the game was too open, it conceded 7 CCCs against a rival. I'm not sure obviously, how well this tactic can do, but I can't see how people stuck with it to find out - it's very leaky. Apologies for that, I was really hoping to test it and offer critique, but I don't even see how to alter it properly when i midfield three set to defensive duties can't contain teams with the philosophy you've given the tactic. I hope someone else can offer you good critique, cause I really can't I'm afraid.

Have to say I can't test this properly. On the process of getting fluid, this tactic lets in WAY too many CCC's from what I experienced. For example, even with an anchorman alteration when i noticed the game was too open, it conceded 7 CCCs against a rival. I'm not sure obviously, how well this tactic can do, but I can't see how people stuck with it to find out - it's very leaky. Apologies for that, I was really hoping to test it and offer critique, but I don't even see how to alter it properly when i midfield three set to defensive duties can't contain teams with the philosophy you've given the tactic. I hope someone else can offer you good critique, cause I really can't I'm afraid.

I'm glad to say I stuck with it. At first I got frustrated with it and decided to not continue with the tactic. Upon returning to the save later today, I decided I would give it the benefit of the doubt, just to ensure I'm not being overly harsh. It is still a little leaky at the back (not 100% fluidity yet) but it's getting better. I'll report back with further updates.

I'm glad to say I stuck with it. At first I got frustrated with it and decided to not continue with the tactic. Upon returning to the save later today, I decided I would give it the benefit of the doubt, just to ensure I'm not being overly harsh. It is still a little leaky at the back (not 100% fluidity yet) but it's getting better. I'll report back with further updates.

Fair enough. I should have mentioned that the players really make this tactic. Just like how you see in real life. Jose and Rafa tend to buy specific players to do a specific job that they believe would excel at said job. If the CBs aren't marking animals or the CM's aren't both strong in the tackle and competent at marking it could be a catastrophe.

Fair enough. I should have mentioned that the players really make this tactic. Just like how you see in real life. Jose and Rafa tend to buy specific players to do a specific job that they believe would excel at said job. If the CBs aren't marking animals or the CM's aren't both strong in the tackle and competent at marking it could be a catastrophe.

I actually bought for this tactic in the summer window 2014. I signed Strootman for DLP-D and he's fantastic apart from the fact I'm having to un-teach short simple passes to then train him to switch the play etc. For BWM-D I bought a very quickly developed Lucas Romero and Sami Khedira, whom I feel should be adequate. My back-up for DLP-D is Pedro Obiang, whilst my occasionally used Anchorman is Nemanja Matic. Centre-backs are Luiz and Zouma/Terry - I suppose Luiz and Zouma ahven't got the best concentration but their ability is very high. I feel like it's making speedy progress, following a rocky W2-D2-L2 start, I am now at a W5-D2-L2 in the league and have won 3 CL group games - the strikefore of Falcao and Benteke at Monaco gave me trouble though (3-2 to me).

Do you have any suggestions for your BWM role? Any really important PPMs you have noticed?

I actually bought for this tactic in the summer window 2014. I signed Strootman for DLP-D and he's fantastic apart from the fact I'm having to un-teach short simple passes to then train him to switch the play etc. For BWM-D I bought a very quickly developed Lucas Romero and Sami Khedira, whom I feel should be adequate. My back-up for DLP-D is Pedro Obiang, whilst my occasionally used Anchorman is Nemanja Matic. Centre-backs are Luiz and Zouma/Terry - I suppose Luiz and Zouma ahven't got the best concentration but their ability is very high. I feel like it's making speedy progress, following a rocky W2-D2-L2 start, I am now at a W5-D2-L2 in the league and have won 3 CL group games - the strikefore of Falcao and Benteke at Monaco gave me trouble though (3-2 to me).

Do you have any suggestions for your BWM role? Any really important PPMs you have noticed?

I acutally wanted to sign Romero for that role but he had just moved to Porto. For the BWM, i had bender and he did very well for me. The important ppm really is marking opponents tightly for the BWM, He normally crushes a lot of Advanced midfielders. As I said before, anything that Alonso has can really do you the trick. he spread the play a lot and always linked play for me. Its really all about anticipation, marking and marking opponents tightly PPM. BWM should really just break up play and keep it moving. Schweinsteger and Martinez are perfect examples of how the two cms should look as you can tell from Karls results with Bayern. I'm glad its better for you though. And yeah Zouma would be very good for this tactic.

Have you attempted to stop using the offside trap in the tactic? I mean, it's the sole reason that this tactic gets scored on more than a $5 lay. I noticed that DLF-A and SS-A solves your striker and AMC problem to a degree. I'm using Jese/Oscar behind Diego Costa and it's working well. The only thing giving me a headache is the absolutely dire defending that takes place.

Have you attempted to stop using the offside trap in the tactic? I mean, it's the sole reason that this tactic gets scored on more than a $5 lay. I noticed that DLF-A and SS-A solves your striker and AMC problem to a degree. I'm using Jese/Oscar behind Diego Costa and it's working well. The only thing giving me a headache is the absolutely dire defending that takes place.

OH, haha whenever I score a goal or 2. I always switch my instructions off offside trap and tell them to drop deeper. while keeping up the tight marking and hassle opponents. I think I mentioned that in my summary of the tactic but thats the key to the results. Press high, score a goal then hold the lead with a deep line and hit on the counter. If you keep the high line you'll get scored on sooner or later. Also, lower the tempo and retain possession to control the game while holding your two goal lead.

I'm looking to try this tactic with Liverpool, as I failed as them the first time around. However I want to make my team as British as possible with Sterling and Sturridge on the wings. Would this work with 2 inside fowards?

I'm looking to try this tactic with Liverpool, as I failed as them the first time around. However I want to make my team as British as possible with Sterling and Sturridge on the wings. Would this work with 2 inside fowards?

Yes it can work with two IFs. although i'd suggest switching the AP to a support role to stop the middle from being bunched up

tactic doesnt win at away games even vs lower teams. moral is high and team talks are all green still dont win. only way people have gone undefeated with this tactic is to save game before matchs and retry once lost...

Last edited:
OH, haha whenever I score a goal or 2. I always switch my instructions off offside trap and tell them to drop deeper. while keeping up the tight marking and hassle opponents. I think I mentioned that in my summary of the tactic but thats the key to the results. Press high, score a goal then hold the lead with a deep line and hit on the counter. If you keep the high line you'll get scored on sooner or later. Also, lower the tempo and retain possession to control the game while holding your two goal lead.

Yeah and that works to an extent. The problem lies when you're chasing a game. This tactic struggles to turn games around and that is a real pain at times.

I've played whole season in Polish second league (I Liga) using Wisła Płock. We were supposed to be relegated but with this tactic we won the championship :) The last game i've played being second in the table and won in an away game with the leader 4-1 and managed to end on the throne. So i think this is quite good tactic. Altough sometimes i concede too much goals. The wingers are great, one of them had 16 assists.

Excellent formation. This is my 6th attempt at a save with Liverpool and I've tried no end of different tactics and none of them have been very successful and unfortunately 4/6 times I've been out of a job by Christmas and then 1/6 I've been sacked at the end of the season but this time it's been different using this formation I've played 19, won 15, drew 1 and lost 3 and sit 3rd in the league 1 point behind Tottenham and 4 behind Chelsea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk