Solid & Efficient Football 4-2-3-1 (Back to Back EPL Titles with LFC)

Excellent formation. This is my 6th attempt at a save with Liverpool and I've tried no end of different tactics and none of them have been very successful and unfortunately 4/6 times I've been out of a job by Christmas and then 1/6 I've been sacked at the end of the season but this time it's been different using this formation I've played 19, won 15, drew 1 and lost 3 and sit 3rd in the league 1 point behind Tottenham and 4 behind Chelsea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats awesome man. I'm glad to see its still working fine.

When you have gone 1-0 or 2-0 up, do you also change the strategy to counter or keep it at control ? After having dropped the d-line and taken away the offside trap

Looking at your squad, theres no doubt you have obviously funded that team through the editor - its easy to create a winning formula with players of that calibre in your side from the get go!

So im 10 games into the season using this tactic with arsenal. It has been working really well especially early on when everyone was fit and ready for the season. I have quite a small squad and the last couple of matches have been more difficult but still managed to pull wins out of the bag. I was just wondering if you have any suggestions for a winger & striker as podolski has been fairly poor for me in both roles and neither cazorla or ozil seem to do well on the wing.

View attachment 403553View attachment 403552View attachment 403551

Looking at your squad, theres no doubt you have obviously funded that team through the editor - its easy to create a winning formula with players of that calibre in your side from the get go!

I actually beg to differ. Most of these players were bought in earlier patches. Meaning I got lewandowski in my first season on a free and payed 4.2 to get him immediately. I sold Lucas for about 32 mil to sign bender for 20 odd million. Liverpool with their large rep, and making the champions league along with selling agger, skrtel and coates, kelly and henderson, aspas and lots of freed up wages including changing expectations to title challenge would give you a large amount of money. 2nd season i bought munian, otamendi, pepe (very cheap due to age), coentraeo was very cheap as well, honda was transfer listed and got him for like 1.8, Alonso was a free as well. You just need to know how to work the market and the board to your favor. its called building your own team.

When you have gone 1-0 or 2-0 up, do you also change the strategy to counter or keep it at control ? After having dropped the d-line and taken away the offside trap
I change it to Counter, just how mourinho would in tight situations. Wingers normally rip teams apart.

So im 10 games into the season using this tactic with arsenal. It has been working really well especially early on when everyone was fit and ready for the season. I have quite a small squad and the last couple of matches have been more difficult but still managed to pull wins out of the bag. I was just wondering if you have any suggestions for a winger & striker as podolski has been fairly poor for me in both roles and neither cazorla or ozil seem to do well on the wing.

View attachment 536431View attachment 536433View attachment 536435

Depending on budget, I'd go for strikers like Lewandowski, Mitrovic and Berardi. Wingers in the mold of Hazard. (Iker Munian, Pedro, Sanchez, Griezmann, Candreva, players similar to that.)

I am using this tactic for 3-4 seasons now and i love it. It's not a killer but it makes results. Like i said earlier i have played with "not so good" Wisła Płock in Polish second league (I Liga). Than i have managed to be hired in Jagiellonia and in second season with them i have won the league and cup. We supposed to qualify to Champions League but Blackpool in Championship hired me - they payed me nine times more than in Poland ;) After three months i West Brom hired me :D I didn't want to stay in Blackpool because of the transfer embargo ;)

Sorry for the long post but i just wanted to tell You that this tactic is very succesful for me :)

This looks good, been looking to try and get some some of solid tactic going that replicates the way Mourinho has his Chelsea playing this season.

I am using this tactic for 3-4 seasons now and i love it. It's not a killer but it makes results. Like i said earlier i have played with "not so good" Wisła Płock in Polish second league (I Liga). Than i have managed to be hired in Jagiellonia and in second season with them i have won the league and cup. We supposed to qualify to Champions League but Blackpool in Championship hired me - they payed me nine times more than in Poland ;) After three months i West Brom hired me :D I didn't want to stay in Blackpool because of the transfer embargo ;)

Sorry for the long post but i just wanted to tell You that this tactic is very succesful for me :)

I'm overjoyed to hear that. Did you make any tweaks or changes to have more success btw?

Because i usually play an underdog team i start with counterattack, without offside trap and the defence line is much deeper. Right now they hired me in Schalke 04 and i started with your usual tactic (control etc.). Altough i won with Dortmund away but i will change again to counterattack. It works better form me.

Got so sick and tired looking through all the "3-5-1-1" and "5-3-2" and "3-5-2" style formations that are huge right now because I just want something a bit more English and current in the real world, and thought I'd give this a go since I suck at my own formations (All I want is a decent 4-4-2!!!) and I can say this is great. I was struggling with Brighton, put this bad boy on and ended up smashing QPR away 3-1 when I was on a 4 game losing streak.

I'm not a bad manager, just cannot manage tactics on this game at all. Drives me nuts.

This has give me a bit of inspiration though.

I changed striker to TM or CF depending on what I'm doing though and AP to AM because my players really weren't that creative and it made it feel a bit better for me tbh. So this is looking good right now. I'll let you know how my season goes if you'd like?

Got so sick and tired looking through all the "3-5-1-1" and "5-3-2" and "3-5-2" style formations that are huge right now because I just want something a bit more English and current in the real world, and thought I'd give this a go since I suck at my own formations (All I want is a decent 4-4-2!!!) and I can say this is great. I was struggling with Brighton, put this bad boy on and ended up smashing QPR away 3-1 when I was on a 4 game losing streak.

I'm not a bad manager, just cannot manage tactics on this game at all. Drives me nuts.

This has give me a bit of inspiration though.

I changed striker to TM or CF depending on what I'm doing though and AP to AM because my players really weren't that creative and it made it feel a bit better for me tbh. So this is looking good right now. I'll let you know how my season goes if you'd like?

Yes please do. i'm looking forward to hearing about your progress. And I know how you feel with the tactics issue. I'm the same way, but some how I managed to build this tactic from scratch.

Yes please do. i'm looking forward to hearing about your progress. And I know how you feel with the tactics issue. I'm the same way, but some how I managed to build this tactic from scratch.

Honestly, this is so good, in my opinion! It works when I change it to direct too, if need be.

If you want a progress update though, I finished second in the championship with Brighton when my expectations were top half of the table.

But now I'm in the premier league, I'm struggling a bit with the big teams just being absolute powerhouses and blowing me to pieces. But I don't even think I should be in the PL with my team.

Not really sure what else I can do now to make it more defensively sound. I'm trying though.

LOVE this tactic!!! Fast and furious!!! I am in the second season of Man Utd, sold many players in the summer, the remaining four attacking players are Chicharito (ST) Welbeck(AML) Kagawa(AMC) Januzaj(AMR). The attack is built in a very high temple and quite fun to watch! Thanks!

Honestly, this is so good, in my opinion! It works when I change it to direct too, if need be.

If you want a progress update though, I finished second in the championship with Brighton when my expectations were top half of the table.

But now I'm in the premier league, I'm struggling a bit with the big teams just being absolute powerhouses and blowing me to pieces. But I don't even think I should be in the PL with my team.

Not really sure what else I can do now to make it more defensively sound. I'm trying though.

Yeah, thats where you'd hit a road block. Your best bet is playing deep and hitting the powerhouses on the counter and forcing them to break you down. maybe drop the 2 cm's to the Dm slot and play direct with fast wingers.

I'd ask a moderator to move this thread to the 'share and download tactics' section so you'd get more exposure because I think it's brilliant.