I7IDanny

Reaction score
As people may be aware, there is a small chance of a son with you on his favoured personnel come through your youth intake. Currently, there is rumoured to be a 1/10'000 chance for this to occur, with a manager over 35.

Given my save at the moment, I'm going to be testing this with a female manager as well, so I'd be looking for:

Last Name Ekstrom
15/16 years old
Swedish/English
Born in Manchester, playing for Manchester United
With 'Daniela Ekstrom' on his favoured personnel.

Has anyone been lucky enough to have grabbed one, or willing to help with a test to see?

Isn't there a condition, that you must have had a player play for 10 years at your club, and only then there is any chance of getting a son?

FIFA Manager had a family option which saw your sons play for your youth team....but I like how FM make us work our a**es off, and then the regen 'son' turns out to be c**p!

the conditions for this to happen are:- you have to have a player retire after 10 years of service at your club.

the conditions for this to happen are:- you have to have a player retire after 10 years of service at your club.

On Classic, yes.

For the full FM, I've heard of people getting them months after joining a new club.

Isn't there a condition, that you must have had a player play for 10 years at your club, and only then there is any chance of getting a son?

FIFA Manager had a family option which saw your sons play for your youth team....but I like how FM make us work our a**es off, and then the regen 'son' turns out to be c**p!

That's for the FMC thing. It's actually possible to have a son in your first youth intake.

the 1 in 10'000 chance thing is bulshit i mean how on earth would someone be able to work that out?

On fm 12 it was that if you have been at a club 10 years then your son would come through but i never noticed this

someone should try message miles on twitter see what he says?
he usually answers when people ask him stuff on there?

(mine is down at the moment so cant do it) :p

Just got a tweet from Miles which said 'It is true. It happens completely randomly, with a very small chance.' - So I guess that sorts that out.

He'll be in your youth intake with you listed as his favoured personnel under "father"

Are you saving and reloading at regen date to try and get a son on the game or just hoping it happens as you play the game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the moment, my save is at the 12th and I'm reloading each time. I saved the one with the Fogelberg bros as a separate file, however.

At the moment, my save is at the 12th and I'm reloading each time. I saved the one with the Fogelberg bros as a separate file, however.

How long have you been trying? Looking forward to seeing your son

I probably did about 100 reloads (while doing other things I'd like to add) on youth intake day, but yeah unfortunately no luck.

How long have you been trying? Looking forward to seeing your son

About 15 reloads so far, no luck save the regen brother. I am trying it with a female manager too which should be interesting.

does this happen or is it just a myth?

Miles Jacobson confirmed it on his Twitter, it does happen. https://twitter.com/milesSI/status/461143354286571520 - plus I saw it happen on a stream where they were 'son' hunting.