Sortitoutsi

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 71
  • Views Views 7K
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose Steve didn't get abused here because we are all just glad that he will be spending more time at another site! ;)

While I don't agree with what they did or said at all you have to think about it. You went on a site with the intent to "steal" members for your site and not to give to the community.

I wouldn't exactly call that friendly to the site.

Meh, tbf the best way of reaching your target audience is to go to where they are not wait for them to find you. I think most FM forum owners do it.

It is slightly different signing up to a site and your first post is an advertisement without asking a staff member rather than contributing to a section (you'd notice I did with the kits) then advertising with permission on a section that maybe isn't thriving as much. So I think it is very unfair to bring that up as it is different situations totally, plus I never claimed to be perfect I was just giving my outsider view as a more mature forum user than I was back then.

Last edited by a moderator:
telling him to 'hang himself' is surely something that shouldn't be tolerated or promoted for SIAS sites.

^^This.

Thats the only reason that prompted me make this thread on here. I dont want to brush all members with the same brush but the evidense is there how any user I came across was such a hero... I was wondering if anybody else had suffered such abuse on sortitout but it appears im the only one. I wonder if SIAS know about how their members react.

And also @Dec. I didnt set this thread to rant about them. Sure I was shocked to get the replies I got but wont lower myself to their level. Once I mentioned I was from FMBase the new wave of abuse started about Base. As Dunc said their comments were over the top. If they didnt want to join they didnt have to. I was simply trying to promote my new forum where I could attract a fanbase and the only way to do so was on other fm forums. And I could hardly be called direct opposition to them as our forum is so small.

What hasnt been mentioned is they are hijacking my site by setting up 2 accounts and posting **** and using innapropriate language on the forum. No decent minded person would have gone to that effort to sabotague another forum. But our Moderation team are quick to deal with these morons and ban them before they get too wound up and offensive posts have been removed.

Steve, you should of found NUFC Tony to go on there and post, would have saved you the bother and boy is that lad keen to recruit for sites ;)

That SortIt site looks like a gathering of lonely plebs. Fair play if some of it was funny but none of it was :S

It was a bit harsh, but to be fair your site did look ***** Steve.

Would hardly call it *****. It's only just arrived, and he's already said he'd be willing to change the colouring style if people thought it might be better. It's still WIP so it's bound to change at some point when they think of something new.

I think Steves website actually looks pretty good to be honest!

Sortitoutsi was the first FM forum I used "back in the day". I didn't stay on there long due to the standard of membership. I still pop back over there to see if they have anything interesting in their download section, but I stay away from the forums. I try not to associate with inbreds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back