Do you get to play Chelsea again? Only 6 points if you win that game in hand - you can do it!!

dhcr.png

[h=1]March 2016 Review[/h]
713.png
722.png

Premier League
win.png
Southampton 2-0 Sunderland
Chambers (27), Ward-Prowse (56)

713.png
618.png

FA Cup 6th Round
win.png
Southampton 4-1 Brighton
Ward-Prowse (5), Gallagher (11), Gallagher (20), Gallagher (42), Baldock (43)

1525.png
713.png

Europa League Round of 16 Leg 1
defeat.png
Lokomotiv Moscow 2-1 Southampton
N'Doye (48), Fernandes (pen 52), Ward-Prowse (76)

602.png
713.png

Premier League
defeat.png
Arsenal 3-0 Southampton
Khedira (7), Sánchez (61), Giroud (75)

713.png
1525.png

Europa League Round of 16 Leg 2
win.png
Southampton 5-0 Lokomotiv Moscow
Sterling (3), Lampard (pen 19), Sterling (33), Sterling (40), Zaha (72)

713.png
701.png

Premier League
defeat.png
Southampton 1-2 Q.P.R
Taarabt (44), Taarabt (79), Chambers (80)

713.png
650.png

Europa League Quarter Final Leg 1
draw.png
Southampton 2-2 Everton
McCarthy (18), Distin (24), Berahino (45), Lampard (54)

View attachment 283965

View attachment 283964

Great month mate! Looking good for the top 4, maybe even a late run at the title?

Well we've dropped a little this month, but I'm certain we can make a serious push for Champions League football next month! Which will be an incredible achievement it we do it

Do you get to play Chelsea again? Only 6 points if you win that game in hand - you can do it!!

We do get to play Chelsea again now, but only in the FA Cup Semi Final. No more chances to get a 6 pointer against them in the league though

Loving it Maximus, keep up the great work!! Hopefully both Liverpool and Southampton can get top four!! :D

Really loving it. Perhaps more detail in the match and about the football world in general?

Think it would be good to see a bit more detail in match reports and maybe monthly review

I agree with some comments on here about more detail, especially as you are a good writer!

Really loving it. Perhaps more detail in the match and about the football world in general?

Think it would be good to see a bit more detail in match reports and maybe monthly review

I agree with some comments on here about more detail, especially as you are a good writer!

Sounds like a good idea. Can you give some ideas, just so I know what kind of things you would be interested in?

More details about the matches. How you played, tactics and maybe man of the match. Then for monthly reviews talk about how the month went, job security, player of the month, etc. Great posts but the monthly reviews you are just giving the scores and thats it

m6ll.png

Southgate: “4th Place Might Not be Good Enough”

JS48138594.jpg

The overachiever: Southgate now targeting top 3 finish

During his post-match press conference following his teams draw with Everton in the Europa League Quarter Final, Gareth Southgate stated that finishing 4th place in the Premier League this season may not be good enough to secure Champions League football come next season:

“Based on Liverpool’s brilliant form in the Europa League this season, 4th place might not be good enough to get us into the Champions League. We’re currently level with them on points, but if their European form is anything to go by, I think many will agree with me when I say that it’s looking likely no team will be able to keep them at bay. If they win, and we finish 4th in the league, then they will qualify for the Champions League, and we will drop into the Europa League. Therefore, our sights are set on 3rd place.” – Gareth Southgate.

That would suck big time!

You better just finish 3rd I think ;)

As far as I know, 4th place will still carry a Champions League place. The only time 4th place won't qualify is if English teams win both European Competitions.

As far as I know, 4th place will still carry a Champions League place. The only time 4th place won't qualify is if English teams win both European Competitions.

Yeah I'm pretty sure this is correct :)

dhcr.png

April 2016 Review

625.png
713.png

Premier League
win.png
Cardiff 0-2 Southampton
Poyet (29), Sterling (78)

650.png
713.png

Europa League Quarter Final 2nd Leg
defeat.png
Everton 3-1 Southampton
Mirallas (3), Butland o.g (21), Ramírez (60), Berahino (74)

600.png
713.png

Premier League
draw.png
Bournemouth 2-2 Southampton
Caulker (24), Cook (35), Ward (41), Lambert (66)

713.png
724.png

Premier League
win.png
Southampton 3-0 Swansea
Sterling (21), Lambert (pen 53), Ward-Prowse (60)

713.png
630.png

FA Cup Semi Final
defeat.png
Southampton 2-4 Chelsea
Gameiro (20), Sterling (22), Lampard (pen 37), T. Hazard (45), Stones o.g (53), Salah (59)

713.png
721.png

Premier League
win.png
Southampton 3-1 Stoke
Lambert (7), Lambert (26), Sterling (32), Diouf (40)

680.png
713.png

Premier League
defeat.png
Manchester United 3-1 Southampton
Berahino (29), Mata (41), Mata (48), van Persie (87)

Last edited:
dhcr.png

Southampton Defy Odds!

article-0-1FA8F66E00000578-128_634x286.jpg

Southampton have qualified for the UEFA Champions League for the first time in their history

713.png
603.png

Premier League
win.png
Southampton 3-0 Aston Villa
Sterling (30), Berahino (pen 74), Sterling (90+1)

Southampton F.C have defied expectations by astonishingly finishing 3rd in the Premier League after brushing past Aston Villa at St Mary's Stadium this afternoon! A thirtieth minute strike from Southampton's superstar Raheem Sterling opened the scoring, sending the Saint's fans into raptures. Berahino added a second from the penalty spot on seventy-fourth minute, before Sterling added his second of the game in extra time to place the cherry on the cake. Southampton needed a win on the final day to secure a safe birth straight into the Champions League group stage, and Sterling proved his world class statues in arguably the largest match in his clubs history. Southampton, who the bookies expected to finish 7th this season have become the topic on everyone's lips throughout world football in the past few months as they managed to maintain their impressive points tally throughout the entire season, along with being competitive in the Europa League. The 3rd place finish is a new a record for the club, who beat their previous record of a 7th place finish last season by an incredible 4 places. Many credit the finish to Southampton's ability to take points off their larger divisional rivals both at home and away. League champions, Chelsea were the only team able to beat the Saint's home and away in the Premier League this season. More impressive is the age of the Southampton squad, who are the youngest in the League (average age). Given their young age, some pundits believe a genuine title challenge could be on the cards in the next few seasons if Southampton are able to keep hold of their key players, such as Raheem Sterling, James Ward-Prowse, and Wilfried Zaha. Surely their manager, Gareth Southgate, must also be a priority for many big clubs through Europe given his transformation of the club.

bx99.png

A Managerial Culling

hi-res-f43bdae9d809feff309e6a92f5dcc647_crop_north-1421235361.jpg

Louis van Gaal is one of four Premier League managers sacked in 24 hours

In a monumental day for the Premier League, an incredible four managers have been sacked in 24 hours following the final whistle on the final day of the season. The list of casualties include Louis van Gaal from Manchester United, Mauricio Pochettino from Tottenham, Roberto Martínez from Everton, and Stuart Pearce from Nottingham Forest. Surely the most surprizing is that of van Gaal’s sacking, given his secure 2nd place position which never seemed in danger during the final few months. With many expecting further managerial resignations and sackings on the horizon in the Premier League, the upheaval should see a collection of talented managers from the Championship given their chance in the top flight, while many expect big name managers from abroad to put their hands up to be in contention for the open seats, especially for the vacant seat at Old Trafford.