Maximus94

Reaction score
dhcr.png

Changing Hands

Sky Sports News Anchor
: “Good morning, it’s Monday the 25th of May and in breaking news this-morning, Southampton Football Club have just announced the sudden takeover by billionaire businessman Sir Richard Branson, following recent reports of the now former owners, the Liebherr family, wanting to move away from football over summer. Southampton representatives have said a press conference will be held within the hour, which Branson is excepted to attend. We’ll keep you up to date about this takeover throughout the morning…”

Southampton
Spokesman
, Jordan Sibley: “Good morning everyone, I’ll ask you all to hold any questions to the end of the press conference. Now, on behalf of the fans, and everyone at the club I’d like to welcome our new owner and chairman, Sir Richard Branson…”

Owner
,Sir Richard Branson: “Hello everyone, it’s a pleasure to be sitting here, and to be a part of this great club. Let’s get straight into this. I’ve been looking at becoming more financially interested in sports for a few years now, but I wanted to make sure that, whatever sport, club, or team I chose to put my time and money into, it would benefit England as a whole. As many of us know, football is huge, we’ve all grown up around it. But over the past few weeks in the lead up to the World Cup, the grip this game has on the country has surpassed my expectations. I’ve hear people that have never watched a football match in their lives, express their excitement about the World Cup, and speculate on our chances this tournament. Then it struck me, if I want to do my part to improve the reputation of England through sport, then football is the only answer. Like most of us here, I’ve never felt what it’s like to be crowned champions of the world, in the world’s biggest game. I want that to change. So that’s why I’m here. I don’t want to buy titles with billion pound cheques, I want to help build a brilliant England national squad, by building a brilliant Southampton team to nurture and develop our brightest talents. That is why I’m announcing that as of this moment,Southampton Football Club will only field English players. I’ve spoken to several high ranking members of the FA, and the footballing development board, all of whom agree this theory will work wonders for the national team. Of course, we cannot forget the club here. We have the upmost confidence that this change will send Southampton to levels we’ve never seen before, and the fans to competitions they only ever been to in their dreams.”

FourFourTwo Journalist: “You said you’ll only field Englishmen, does this mean all current foreign players will be sold this summer?”

Southampton Spokesman, Jordan Sibley: “That’s the plan, yes. We realise this is an unusual situation. We’d now like the publicly announce to our foreign players that we’ll be doing everything in our power to find new clubs for them all. Of course we’ll speak to them all privately today either face to face, or by phone. At this stage, if a player cannot be sold for a price we deem reasonable, we’ll look to loan the player out until an offer becomes acceptable.”

BBC Journalist: “How much do you plan on investing in the near future Sir Richard?”

Owner, Sir Richard Branson: “That will depend on how much profit from the sale of our players we make. I certainly don’t plan on throwing millions into the transfers budget every season because we ‘need a big player.’ I plan on investing mainly on the future of the club by improving the facilities and the coaching to be on par with the elite European clubs like Barca and Ajax. We won’t be looking at any quick fixes here, ever. That said, if we need a small injection to the transfer fee to stay afloat in the Premier League for the first season or two, then yes. I’ll be putting some money in then. I think I’d most closely like to resemble an underwriter type role, only stepping in where needed. Sponsorship and competition money should be more than enough to sustain and improve the club.”

Southampton Spokesman, Jordan Sibley: “On that point, we would now like to announce Sir Richard brings with him the full financial backing of the ‘Virgin’ Group. We’re delighted to announce that our main sponsor is now the ‘Virgin’ Group and will be as long as the Branson family owns the club.”

Sky Sports Journalist: “Does this takeover mean that players like Wayne Rooney, Joe Hart, and Gary Cahill are on the radar as potential signings?”

Southampton Spokesman, Jordan Sibley: “As we’ve said, this project is mainly focused on the future, rather than the now. We’re more interesting in signing young players, and developing them into world class players for the senior national squad, rather than buying current senior players.”

Owner, Sir Richard Branson: “That said, if a senior player, like any of the three you mentioned were purchasable, we would certainly consider any English player if they still had something to offer the club, or the country. I'd like to see some experienced heads around the club as well, but that’s his decision to make.”

(15 minutes later)

Southampton Spokesman, Jordan Sibley: “Sorry gentlemen, that’s all the time we have here today, please direct any more of your questions to…”

Objectives:

- Hold every trophy available: The Community Shield, League Cup, FA Cup, Premier League, Champions League, Super Cup, and World Club Cup at once.
- Set a Premier League record by going 50 matches unbeaten.
- England winning the World Cup with at least 10 current Southampton players in the 23 man squad.

Thread Rules:

- No quoting massive chunks of text please. Keep it concise
- No posting any images, that's my job! :)
- If you like it, let me know. It shows me what I should do more of!
- Feel free to ask any questions, I realise it's probably going to be a bit confusing at the start due to all the changes.

Last edited:
vv9r.png

Southampton Boss Resigns

With interest from Barcelona, Milan, and Spurs, Pochettino is a wanted man

Goal Journalist: After yesterday’s landmark announcement by Southampton F.C, manager Mauricio Pochettino has today announced his resignation from the club. This morning the Argentine released a statement:

“I would like to formally announce my mutual resignation from Southampton F.C. After talks with Sir Richard Branson, we have both decided that if the club is looking at investing in English footballers, they should also invest in English management.” – Mauricio Pochettino

Speculation is now mounting on who will take charge. The bookies current favourites include Gary Bowyer, Gareth Southgate, and Steve Davis.While none are proven are the top level, all have a proven track record working with young English players.

Last edited:
bx99.png

Southampton Appoint New Manager

View attachment 324210

Southampton Spokesman
, Jordan Sibley: “Today we’re delighted to announce our new manager, please assist me in welcoming Gareth Southgate.”

Manager
, Gareth Southgate: “Good morning everyone. It’s a pleasure to be here, and I’m honoured the board here have put their faith in me. I love the idea Sir Richard and the rest of the board proposed, and I believe I’m the right man for the job. I’m looking forward to getting stuck into our planning for the season, signing transfer targets, and testing myself against some of the best managers in the world here in the Premier League.”

ESPN Journalist: “Do you believe your experience with the Under 21’s will assist you here? And do you believe it may have given you the edge to land this job?”

Manager, Gareth Southgate: “Yes, and yes. I had a head start on those that were also rumoured for this job in many ways. I’ve been looking at a wide range of young players when I picked my Under 21’s squad. I’m certain this will help. I’ve built relationships with a number of players, I’ve seen how they think, how they work off the park, and their personalities.”

SBS Journalist: “How do you plan on lining-up against other teams. Will you be focusing more on a defensive approach given your playing days? Will you be looking to fit players into your tactics, or basing your tactic around your players?”

Manager, Gareth Southgate: “I’d like to work towards playing flowing, attacking football based around retaining, and recycling possession. I’m a huge admirer of what Brendan Rodgers has done at Swansea and Liverpool. Many of the best European clubs use that formula, I think it’ll take several years to build up to that, but I feel it will have the best long-term outcomes, both for the club, and for England. I prefer to set out the tactic, and then fitting the players I have into those positions and roles.”

Sky Sports Journalist: “Can you shed any light about your potential transfer targets?”

Manager, Gareth Southgate: “Not at this point, maybe in a few days. The board and I are still yet to start discussing it. The fans should rest assured though, we’ll be diving into the window like no club has before! With the amount of players that’ll be leaving, it’s up to us to make the most of the market before it begins to grow smaller and smaller as the weeks roll by. As the club has stated before, except us to focus our attention on young English players, while also possibly bringing in a few experienced heads to solidify the squad.”

Last edited:
qe2j.png

Pochettino Lands Spurs Job

View attachment 324203
With 9 managers in 10 years at Spurs, how long will Pochettino survive?

BBC Sport Journalist: Tottenham Hotspurhave announced Mauricio Pochettino will take charge of the club after signing a 5 year deal with the North London club. The former Southampton manager has not wasted any time, landing the deal the day after his mutual resignation from his former employer following the soon-to-be English invasion on the South Coast. It is believed that the Argentine will have a 20M war-chest to shape the club in his favour, with rumours current Southampton players Morgan Schneiderlin and Dejan Lovren could follow Pochettino to North London.

Last edited:
This is a great story,
Have you used the in-game editor?
Or the main editor in anyway?

1mnp.png

Transfer Targets

FourFourTwo Journalist
: It is believed
Southampton manager Gareth Southgate has presented his board with a list of players he would most like to sign in this transfer window. The players include:

View attachment 324024
Raheem Sterling is one of the brightest prospects in world football after bursting onto the scene at Liverpool as a 17 year old

FourFourTwo Journalist
: With a cemented position in Brendan Rodgers' first XI, as well as interest from Real Madrid, it is highly unlikely Southampton (with no European football) will be able to afford Sterling's signature. Let alone his interest.

roy-barkley-FA-Cup-452419.jpg

Everton midfielder Ross Barkley had a string of strong performances last season

FourFourTwo Journalist
: With speculation surrounding Adam Lallana switching St Mary's for Anfield this Summer, Southampton
could make a big money move for the skilful 20 year old who made his senior international début last season following several strong showings.

Arguably England’s most promising centre back, Phil Jones’ progress has somewhat halted at United. Could a move away be the answer?

FourFourTwo Journalist: Southampton currently have no English centre backs at their club. It is believed Phil Jones could be moving South soon to anchor the Saint's defence. However, with the arrival of Louis van Gaal expected to play 3 of the back, United cannot afford to lose another centre back following the departure of Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidić.

Last edited:
rqb6.png

Southgate: ‘Lambert’s Not For Sale’

View attachment 323973
"A rare breed...a target man and a false 9." - Southgate

Guardian Journalist: Southampton front-man Rickie Lambert will remain on the South Coast this season. The news comes after a 4M offer from Liverpool was rejected by Southampton F.C yesterday. The deal would have seen Lambert return to his boyhood club who released him in 1997. When asked, manager Gareth Southgate stated that:

"Rickie is not for sale. He’s our first choice up-front. He’s a rare breed, physically capable of playing as a classic number 9, while also having technically characteristics of a modern false 9. He’s far too important to go." - Gareth Southgate
Guardian Journalist: The striker used Twitter to communicate his decision to both Southampton and Liverpool fans:

pf8ho_1_64368.png

Last edited:
Been waiting for your story to pop up! :p
Good idea, I like what you've done with the place. Will be keeping an eye on this.

No FM15, couldn't even think about going back now!

And yeah, massively edited DB. Took me 2 days of pure editing and testing

But lambert is at liverpool or have you move him n shaw back??

From the looks of it, he's reverted the Database to before the Summer deals went through. Should make for a good youth challenge though when you also consider Southampton seem to pull World Class regens out of nowhere. In the last 3 FMs I've stolen two-three 5* regens form their intake.

Season 4 onwards of this will be a savage save. Might be worth your time to upload the save when you get that far. I'm sure a lot of people would love to play with an English only Southampton a few years in (if you don't mind uploading it of course)

From the looks of it, he's reverted the Database to before the Summer deals went through. Should make for a good youth challenge though when you also consider Southampton seem to pull World Class regens out of nowhere. In the last 3 FMs I've stolen two-three 5* regens form their intake.

Season 4 onwards of this will be a savage save. Might be worth your time to upload the save when you get that far. I'm sure a lot of people would love to play with an English only Southampton a few years in (if you don't mind uploading it of course)

Brendn's on the money. As I'll reveal with coming articles, I've reverted most of Southampton's real world transfers (i.e Lambert back to Southampton on the same wage as previously, Tadic back to Twente on the same wage). That's what took so long to edit, correctly moving back all players for the correct money. I've touched no transfers that had nothing do do with Southampton.

But as I say, not all are reverted, so stay tuned!

Last edited:
dhcr.png

Southampton Confirm First Signing

With only 32 EPL appearances, will Berahino live up to his price-tag?

View attachment 717585 View attachment 323790 View attachment 717590

Sky Sports Journalist
: 6 days after Sir Richard Branson’s takeover of Southampton Football Club, England Under 21’s striker Saido Berahino has become the first signing for Southampton, and most expensive player in Southampton F.C history after making the 16M pound move, topping previous record holder Dani Osvaldo by 3.5M pounds. The 20 year old signed a 3 year deal after bursting onto the scene last season at West Brom, making his professional début in August, before ending the season as the clubs leading goal scorer with 9 goals in all competitions. Berahino released a statement this morning:

“I would like to thank everyone at West Brom for their help over the past ten years that I was at the club. After hearing the news about Southampton’s new direction, I was really interested in what they were going to do. Once I heard were interested in me, I couldn’t resist going down in history as the first signing.” - Saido Berahino

Last edited:
Brendn's on the money. As I'll reveal with coming articles, I've reverted most of Southampton's real world transfers (i.e Lambert back to Southampton on the same wage as previously, Pelle back to Twente on the same wage). That's what took so long to edit, correctly moving back all players for the correct money. I've touched no transfers that had nothing do do with Southampton.

But as I say, not all are reverted, so stay tuned!

Southampton bought Tadic from Twente, but Pelle played for Feyenoord mate, I hope you didn't move Pelle to Twente...

vv9r.png

Toppling Records

The well-rounded midfielder's EPL performances have caused a international bidding war

View attachment 717594 View attachment 323788 View attachment 323787

Goal Journalist
: Hours after announcing the club record signing of Saido Berahino, Southampton F.C have confirmed midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin has left the club for a record departure fee. A.S Monaco pounced on the Frenchman, spending 25M pounds for his signature. Sources suggest Spurs were the frontrunner for his signature, but were ultimately outbid by the deep pockets of the French club. The deal smashes the previous record transfer fee received by Southampton by 10M pounds after Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain’s 15M pound to Arsenal in 2011.

Last edited:
Berahino is a good signing, hopefully he can hit the ground running, and great job gettin £25m for schneiderlin

Story is looking really good, it's a great idea. Just curious though, You said Lambert and Lallana are back at the club, I assume Shaw and Chambers are also back and what about Forster and Bertrand?