Southampton 1-2 Middlesborough
goal.png
Joao Silva (7)

goal.png
Barry Robson (20)

goal.png
Kris Boyd (pen 64)

Man of the Match: Barry Robson
First game of the season against the Championship favourites was a decent warm up for the lads. Was impressed my Danny Guthrie who worked tirelessly all game, running 9.5km for the team. Was also impressed my Joao Silva, the young man took his goal well on his debut.
View attachment 105780

Eastleigh 0-3 Southampton
goal.png
Achille Webo (38, 66)
goal.png
Adam Lallana (90)

Man of the Match: Achille Webo
Good run out or the lads, Webo was brilliant today and showed the Saints fans a sneak peak of what he has for them this season. Emir Bajrami had a great game out on left wing with a great asset.
View attachment 105781

Totton 0-3 Southampton
goal.png
Emir Bajrami (2)

goal.png
Achille Webo (35)
goal.png
Jason Puncheon (78)

Man of the Match: Emir Bajrami
Another good run out for the boys and another great shift at left wing for Bajrami, i've been impressed by him since he signed on loan from Twente and looks like a good acquisition. New £1.3M signing Igor Duljaj also played well as Defensve Midfielder.
View attachment 105782

Cheltenham 0-1 Southampton
goal.png
Joao Silva (31)

Man of the Match: Adam Lallana
The boys overcame an interesting League Two test as they visited Cheltenham. Adam Lallana sparked the difference of quality between the sides in a dull game. Lallana numerously beat his opponent and delieved an inch perfect assist to Joao Silva.
View attachment 105783

Southampton 1-0 Blackpool
goal.png
Achille Webo

Man of the Match: Jose Fonte
Southampton overcame their first big test on a fine summers afternoon against Premiership opposition Blackpool. Southampton dominated the game throughout and the scoreline should of been alot higher. Webo took his goal well, and Fonte bossed the game from the back.
View attachment 105784

Bournemouth 0-6 Southampton
goal.png
Guly (2, 21, 24, 38, 43)

goal.png
Adam Lallana (22)

Man of the Match: Guly
An emphatic win against a team that they will face again as they play in league one with Southampton. The gap of quality was unreal as Southampton completely domintated. There was no prizes for guessing the Man of the Match winner as Guly scored 5 wonderful goals in a half and capped it off by assisting Lallana's goal!
View attachment 105785

Southampton_FC.png

Good results there mate. I am following, as a Southampton fan. Good luck with the start of the season!

Good results there mate. I am following, as a Southampton fan. Good luck with the start of the season!
thanks im following your story looking good so far mate

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Southampton_FC.png

August 2010
League One Underway
Its the moment every football fan has been waiting for this summer, the football is finally back. Southampton know this has to be the year the get promoted, there is no excuses this year. Gary Megson has been appointed to make sure this happens and having already spent £2M he can not afford to slip up this season. Southampton kick off with a tricky away tie at fellow promotion favourites Huddersfield.

8th August 2010 - 15:00

Huddersfield 0-2 Southampton
goal.png
Adam Lallana (37, 42)

Southampton+v+Birmingham+City+Carling+Cup+749n07ifGS0l.jpg

Southampton starlet Adam Lallana tore Huddersfield to peices as Saints took the points. Lallana proved the difference in quality as he broke the deadlock in the 37th minute finishing a well worked move starting from debutants Guthrie and Webo. The second came from a corner, the corner was played short to Jose Fonte who turned to lay it off to Lallana at the edge of the box who drove a thunderous shot in the top corner. Megson said in his post match interview, "I'm delighted with the boys peformance today, with 5 debutants in the starting line-up im pleased at how quick the team have adapted and gelled. Lallana was magnificent today now wonder so many top clubs are tracking him.
View attachment 105794

Last edited:
Southampton_FC.png
11th August 2010
Team News
Jason Puncheon came in for Adam Lallana who was rested after his weekend heroics, Dean Hammond took the position of Morgan Schneiderin who is also rested amid speculations that he is set to move. Frazier Richardson replaced Danny Butterfield, Joao Silva made his debut in place of Achille Webo and Giuly started in place of Bajrami for this league cup tie.

11th August 2010 - 15:00
League Cup 1st Round

Hereford 1-5 Southampton
goal.png
Jason Puncheon (18, 29, pen 34)
goal.png
Joe Colbeck (36)
goal.png
Jose Fonte (45+1)

goal.png
Lee Barnard (90+1)

Man of the Match: Jason Puncheon

article-1274132-09761472000005DC-300_224x423.jpg

Weekend hero Adam Lallana was rested for this game but it didnt matter as Jason Puncheon took to the field in place of him and scored a wonderful hat-rick. The first came 18 minutes in as he latched onto a threw ball from Silva and slotted it past the keeper, the second came not long after as he latched onto another ball this time from Lallana and again slotted it past the keeper, the 3rd was a pen won by Jose Fonte and Puncheon cooly stepped up and slotted it away. A mistake by Marek Cech led to Herefords consolation by Joe Colbeck. Jose Fonte scored a near post header on the stroke of half time to extend the Saints lead. Lee barnard wrapped the game up as he turned his defender on the edge of the box and rifled the ball in to the top right corner. Megson said post match, " I rested alot of players tonight and the players proved we have strength in depth in this squad, there is real competition for places this season. Its a dillema but a good dillema to have."

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

15th August 2009
Transfer Update

Sky-Sports-Transfer-Center-800_2474516.jpg

Outs
Morgan Schneiderlin - Shakhtar - £1.8M
Morgan-Schneiderlin_1371255.jpg

After requesting a transfer from Megson he had no option but to sell him. Shakhtar enquired about his availabilty, Megson replied asking for £1.8M. The fans haven't taken well to the depature of the young talent, but Megson has reasurred them the money will be used wisely to strengthen the squad.

Anthony Pullis - Free

Joseph Mills - Loan - Cheltenham

Ooh bad decision with Schneiderlin :( should of kept him, or you could of atleast got more money for him.

So, you sold young Morgan then! :p Lol. I am sure with the £1,800,000 you have now though, you can buy somebody better. Good couple of results so far, and look out for Lallana, he is a huge talent! Puncheon ain't to bad either I s'pose :D

Southampton_FC.png
15th August 2010
Team News
Lallana is chosen ahead of Jason Puncheon at right wing, Butterfield comes back in for the rested Frazier Richardson, Fc Twente Loanee Bajrami comes in for Giuly and Webo takes his place up front for the rested Silva. Megson was set for his home debut as Saints boss and he couldn't afford slip ups againt newly promoted Rochdale.

15th August 2010 - 15:00

Southampton 2 - 0 Rochdale

Man of the Match: Jose Fonte

010280825943700.jpg

Megson's first home game in charge got off to a great start 18 minutes in as Bajrami latched onto Lallana's through ball to slot home his first goal for the club. The second came on the 36th minute from a corner. Jose Fone's shot was cleared off the line and Hammond was there to slot home his first of the season to give Saints a 2 goal lead at he break. Although many chances in the second half Saints were unable to add to the scoreline. Jose Fonte controlled the game magnificently from the back line and was fully deserving of Man of the Match.
View attachment 105809

Last edited:
Ooh bad decision with Schneiderlin :( should of kept him, or you could of atleast got more money for him.
he requested to leave and there was a lot of interest in him so decided to cash in mate.

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

So, you sold young Morgan then! :p Lol. I am sure with the £1,800,000 you have now though, you can buy somebody better. Good couple of results so far, and look out for Lallana, he is a huge talent! Puncheon ain't to bad either I s'pose :D
well he asked to leave if i had said no would of effected his peformance, and lallana looks really good looking for a goalkeeper any tips?

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

Great story, keep it up.
thanks

I just signed a goalkeeper in my story. Backup mind, because I think Kelvin Davis is more than capable of doing well in both League 1 and the Championship. He has even done well in the Premiership in real life. I found my new keeper by chance, just browsing through random teams. Came accross this Polish team, and saw a 19 year old keeper with huge potential. I would reccommend just having a browse through some random teams. Depends what leagues you have loaded up though.

Southampton_FC.png
18th August 2009

Team News
Two changes for Megson's side as Frazier Richardson comes in for the rested Butterfield and Joao Silva is handed a start ahead of the dissapointing Achille Webo. A big game for Megson's boys as they face up against recently relegated Peterborough. Saints will have to control George Boyd who is sure to be a handful.

18th August 2009 - 19:30

Southampton 2 - 2 Peterborough

Man of the Match: Frazier Richardson

article-0-04646057000005DC-113_306x391.jpg

Saints got off to a flyer 8 minutes in as Guthrie found himself in acres of space to slide a pass through to Bajrami to finish. George boyd equalised on the 34th minute for Peterbourough, The Scot found himself through on goal after McCann put him through. Hibbert gave Peterborough the lead 2 minutes later as under pressure keeper Kelvin Davis came for the ball and missed it, the ball was put on a plate for Hibbert who steered it in from 5 yards to give Peterborough the lead at half time. Frazier Richardson equalised for Saints on the 61st minute as he latched onto summer signing Duljaj's pass to finish perfectly, the stage was now set for 30 minutes of mayhem. Both teams had their chances but it was to end all square at 2-2. Megson stated, " Its been a game too much for the boys, there in need of a rest." When asked about Kelvin Davis's mistake that led to he goal he said. " If Davis never made that crucial error we would be going home with 3 points and a smile on our face, however we aren't. I am in the market for a new goalkeeper.
View attachment 105826

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

I just signed a goalkeeper in my story. Backup mind, because I think Kelvin Davis is more than capable of doing well in both League 1 and the Championship. He has even done well in the Premiership in real life. I found my new keeper by chance, just browsing through random teams. Came accross this Polish team, and saw a 19 year old keeper with huge potential. I would reccommend just having a browse through some random teams. Depends what leagues you have loaded up though.
kelvin davis is making a lot of mistakes for me, think ill go for jamie ashdown

Last edited:
22nd August 2009

Sky-Sports-Transfer-Center-800_2474516.jpg

INS

Jamie Ashdown - Portsmouth - £850K

24572.jpg

Megson has completed the signing of goalkeeper Jamie Ashdown from rivals Portsmouth. Portsmouth fans are outraged that they have sold their number 1 keeper to rivals Southampton. Megson was delighted he said. "This is a true sign of our ambition to sign a goalkeeper of Ashdown's quality.

Southampton_FC.png
22nd August 2009

Team News
3 Changes for Megson's boys as Cech is rested for Harding, Butterfield in for Richardson and Guly in for the rested Danny Guthrie. Megson's boys have enjoyed a good start to the season and they can't afford a slip up today against Notts County.

22nd August 2009 - 15:00

Notts County 0-2 Southampton
goal.png
Achille Webo (42)

goal.png
Guly (80)

Man of the Match: Guly

guly.jpg

Saints went top of the league after a comfortable win over Notts County. The first goal came from Webo as he latched onto a inch perfect pass from Duljaj to slot past the keeper for his first goal for Southampton. Saints piled on the pressure and the 2nd eventually came on the 80th minute when Guly powered in a free kick to confirm the 3 points.
View attachment 105828

Last edited:
Southampton_FC.png
25th August 2009

Team News
4 changes for Saints as Marek Cech comes in for Harding, Butterfield is rested for Richardson, Guthrie comes in for Giuly and Jamie Puncheon is in for Bajrami. Megson's boys will have no pressure on them as they aren't expected to pick anything up against Premiership giants Birmingham in the league cup.

25th August 2009 - 19:45
League Cup Second Round

Southampton 2-1 Birmingham
goal.png
Jason Puncheon (28)

goal.png
Matt Derbyshire (29)

goal.png
Danny Guthrie (36)

Man of the Match: Achille Webo

achille-webo-premier-buteur.jpg

A nervy but promising start to the game from Southampton. They Unbelievably took the lead on the 28th minute when Jason Puncheon latched onto a ball from Webo to finish comfortbaly to give Saints the lead. Birmingham replied instantly from kick off as summer signing Derbyshire powered in the equalizer. Guthrie gave Southampton the lead with a beauty of a goal, he collected the ball 30 yards out, looked up and noticed the keeper off his line and let loose a dipping drive to send St Mary's balistic. Southampton comfortably held on to record an emphatic result. Post Match Megson said, "I'm absolutely delighted, to defeat a strong Premiership side like Birmingham is fantastic. Guthrie's goal was an absolute corker. Im proud of Webo's display he proved the difference for us today.
View attachment 105831

Saints draw Pompey in League Cup Draw
Southampton have been drawn at home to feirce rivals Portsmouth in the League Cup 3rd Round. Megson is said to be delighted at the draw, "I couldn't of asked for a better tie, Pompey at home in front of a packed crowd is a great way to show my ambition for this club."
The draw was an interesting one as Man united were drawn with Liverpool and Chelsea drew Arsenal.

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

Megson favourite for Sheffield Job
Saints boss has been named favourite to take the vacant job at Sheffield United after Gary Speed was sacked after 5 games in charge. Megson was appointed as Saints boss in July after the dismissal of Alan Pardew and is already been linked to the Championship job after an impressive start.
Megson stated, "I'm not interested in the Sheffield job, I have a project here at Southampton to take them back to the top league, and i won't leave till i succeed.
DB15E39C-0C54-1DD5-00CE477A745A67CE.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

Southampton_FC.png
29th August 2009
Team News
One change for Southampton as Achille Webo is rested after his midweek heroics and is replaced by Joao Silva, Saints are strong favourites against Leyton Orient and will be looking to keep top spot with a win.

29th August 2009 - 15:00
N-Power League One

Southampton 2-0 Leyton Orient
goal.png
Joao Silva (23)
goal.png
Achille Webo (88)

Guthrie (missed pen 50)

Man of the Match: James Jones

429x.jpg

Post Match
Its nearing the end of august and Southampton are looking to keep up their good form with a win against strong opponents Leyton Orient. Saints took the lead on the 23rd minute when youngster Joao Silva latched onto a pass from Hammond after a good team move to finish past the keeper. When Jose Fonte was taking down in the penalty area on the stroke of half time, Danny Guthrie stepped up confidently but missed the spot kick. Southampton had a number of chances in the second half and finally ended the game when Achille Webo turned his marker and fired in Saints second. It tells the tale of the game when the Leyton Orient keeper collects the Man of the Match award, without Jones between the posts it could of been a whitewash. Megson was delighted with the win.
View attachment 105841

Last edited:
Megson awarded August Manager of the Month
Gary Megson has been awarded N-Power League One Manager of the Month for August in his first month in charge. Megson led his team to four wins out of five.
View attachment 105844

Southampton_FC.png
1st September 2009
Team News
Southampton make two changes bringing in Frazier Richardson at right back for Butterfield, and resting Hammond for Guly.

1st September 2009 - 19:45
Johnstone's Paint Trophy South 1st Round

Torquay 0-1 Southampton
Achille Webo (51)

13dfc200-b71b-43a4-9bf2-3da98f656629.jpg

Post Match
Lallana stole the headlines as he tore Torquay apart, after beating 3 Torquay players he put it on a plate for Webo to finish. Megson was content with the result.
View attachment 105845