2nd September 2009
Sky-Sports-Transfer-Center-800_2474516.jpg

The transfer window is now firmly shut, Megon has been busy this summer securing the loan deals of some promising talent.

INS
Danny Guthrie - Newcastle - Loan
Marek Cech - West Brom - Loan
Emir Bajrami - FC Twente - Loan
Joao Silva - Everton - Loan
Achille Webo - Mallorca - £600K
Igor Duljaj - Shakhtar - £1.3M
Jamie Ashdown - Portsmouth - £850K

OUTS
Joseph Mills - Cheltenham - Loan
Anthony Pullis - Free
Morgan Schneiderlin - Shakhtar - £1.8M:'(
View attachment 106008

Megson said in his interview, " It's been an intersting window for us, if you had told me before we would get Danny Guthrie on loan I wouldnt believe you. We have invested in a good mix of players, strong defensive midfielders, skillful wingers, nippy strikers. It was sad to lose Schneiderlin but the boy wanted to move I couldn't hold him againt his will, I wish him all the best at Shakhtar."

11 September 2009

Bebe joins Southampton on loan
Southampton have completed the loan deal of Man United starlet Bebe. Bebe who is largely unknown to anyone was signed up by Alex Ferguson after Carlos Querios reccomended him. Bebe who played in the Homeless World Wup a few years ago signed for United in the summer for £7M but Ferguson has decided to loan him out for first team experience.

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

Southampton_FC.png
12th September 2009
Team News
Southampton make two changes. Jamie Ashdown is handed his debut in goal and Jason Puncheon is chosen ahead of Bajrami for this N-Power League One clash. Megson's team are on a 5 game unbeaten streak in the League and can't slip as Peterborough are right behind.

12th September 2009 - 15:00
N-Power League One

Southampton 1-0 Tranmere
goal.png
Adam Lallana (53)

Webo (missed pen 69)

Man of the Match: Frazier Richardson
1278488444-frazer-richardson.jpg

Post Match
Southampton kicked off knowing nothing but a win would be accepted by the fans. Saints had a number of chances in the first half especially Webo who broke away from the Tranmere defence with his pace but failed to finish. Southampton finally took the lead in the second half when a tidy move was finished off by the ever impressive Adam Lallana. Jose Fonte won a penalty as he was taken down while challenging for a header, there was a sense of anxiousness around the stadium as Webo stepped up and sure enough he missed. Webo had another chance to kill the game off with a header from 2 yards but missed again. Megson said this after the game, " I'm pleased we got the win but if we play like that against stronger teams we will get slaughtered. We aren't being prolific infront of goal, I'm talking of Webo who had 5 sitters my Nan could score. I'm pleased with Frazier Richardson who didn't put foot wrong all game."
View attachment 106016

Last edited:
Southampton_FC.png
16th September 2009
Team News
Southampton make three changes for this encounter against Brentford. Joao Silva for the dissapointing Webo. Bajrami is picked ahead Puncheon and Danny Guthrie is rested for Guly. Southampton will be hoping to add to their 3 League games won in a row.

16th September 2009 - 19:45
N-Power League One

Southampton 2-0 Brentford
goal.png
Bajrami (12, 38)

Man of the Match: Emir Bajrami
EmirBajrami205.jpg

Post Match
Southampton started off comfortably with a few good moves down the right. They took the lead in the 12th minute when Bajrami picked the ball up at the edje of the box turned his defender and placed it past the keeper. The game went quiet for a bit until the 38th minute when Bajrami chipped the keeper from the edge of the box for 2-0. Southampton had alot of half chances after that but it ended with Saints taking the points. Megson said after, "Another great win from the boys puts us top of the league, I'm absolutely delighted with the peformance of Bajrami I hope he can keep it up."
View attachment 106017

Southampton_FC.png
19th September 2009
Team News
Southampton make four changes for this tricky tie against Colchester. Richardson is rested for Butterfield. Webo in for Joao Silva, Guthrie is back in for Guly and Puncheon is in for the rested Bajrami.

19th September 2009 - 15:00
N-Power League One

Colchester 1-3 Southampton
goal.png
Mooney (12)

goal.png
Danny Guthrie (19)

goal.png
Dean Hammond (21)

goal.png
Emir Bajrami (81)

Man of the Match: Achille Webo
webo-280.jpg

Post Match
Colchester surpisingly took the lead after just 12 minutes when Mooney finished from a tight angle after some slack defending. Guthie brilliantly equalised after 19 minutes in a move he started himself, he intercepted the ball on the halfway line to make it a 3 on 2 counter, he chose to play the ball wide to Lallana he took it past the full back and cut it back for Guthrie who placed his shot past the keeper for 1-1. Hammond gave Saints the lead 2 minutes later after he made a great run from midfield and when put through he finished comfortably for 2-1. Bajrami made sure of the win as he came of the bench and scored with his first touch to mak sure Saints go home with the points.
Megson: " Five wins in a row, I'm delighted. We had a scare going 1-0 down but the boys dug deep and gave us a comfortable win in the end. Webo was great today, he was on his own up front but gave the defenders a torrid time.
View attachment 106045

Last edited:
do you's think i should do little monthly updates or carry on how i am?

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

Southampton_FC.png
22nd September 2009
Team News
Southampton are gearing up to face feirce rivals Portsmouth in the League Cup 3rd round. Portsmouth have started the season well sitting top of the Championship. Megson makes three changes to the side that narrowly beat Colchester. Frazier Richardson is in for Butterfield, Emir Bajrami takes Puncheons place and Joao Silva is in for Webo. It was also a big day for Jamie Ashdown who joined Southampton from rivals Portsmouth only last month.

22nd September 2009 - 19:45
League Cup 3rd Round

Southampton 2-0 Portsmouth
goal.png
Danny Guthrie (35)

goal.png
Dean Hammond (44)

Emir+Bajrami.jpg

Post Match
In a scrappy opening to the game both teams shared blows, the deadlock was eventually broken by Southampton as Danny Guthrie was put through on goal and finished comfortably under all the pressure to send the Saints fans ecstatic. Despite being dominated my Portsmouth, Southampton extended the lead to 2-0, similar to Guthrie's goal this time Hammond made a burst from midfield and finished comfortably after being put though. Southampton were happy that it was a quiet second half and when the referee blew for full time St Mary's erupted with joy.
Megson: "I'm absolutely delighted with the boys. The gave everything in this game. They fought for every ball and for their effort deserved their win. I'm delighted with Jamie Ashdowns' peformance has he had to put up with alot of stick from the away fans but responded well with some excellent saves."
View attachment 106048

Last edited:
Southampton_FC.png
26th September 2009
Team News
The whole of Southampton is still electric after the glorious midweek victory over Portsmouth but its back to the league now where Southampton face Walsall and will be looking for their 6th win on the trot in the league. Southampton make three changes, Guthrie is rested for Guly, Jason Puncheon is on for Bajrami and Joao silva is rested for Webo.

26th September 2009 - 15:00
N-Power League One

Walsall 1-2 Southampton
goal.png
Adam Lallana (33)

goal.png
Jamie Puncheon (54)

goal.png
Gray (57)

webo-280.jpg

Post Match
The game started off with Walsall gettin the better of the chances, they tested Ashdown a few times from distance but nothing he couldn't cope with. Southampton took the lead in the 33rd minute when Lallana was put through on goal by Webo and finished comfortably. Saints extended their lead to 2 when Puncheon rifled a shot in from 20 yards. Gray gave Walsall a lifeline as his mazy run ended in a placed finish. Southampton comfortably held on and were unlucky not to add to their tally. That makes it 6 League wins in a row for Megson and has won every game apart from a Peterborough draw.

Megson: "Another win, another 3 points what can i say. The boys once again done the job. There is one negative to take from the job that is the goal we conceded. The lad got through far too easily. Maybe we can blame fatigue.
View attachment 106049

Last edited:
Southampton_FC.png
29th September 2009

N-Power League One - Match 10
Southampton v Exeter

Team News
Southampton face a weak Exeter side as they look for their 7th win in a row in the League. Bajrami is in for Guly, Joao Silva on for the rested Achille Webo, Guthrie is back in the team for Dean Hammon, Richardon makes way for Danny Butterfield.

Southampton 1-0 Exeter
goal.png
Jose Fonte (21)
Richard Duffy sent off (61)

images

Post Match

Southampton took the lead after 20 minutes when Jose Fonte powered in a header. Richard Duffy got sent off for Exeter with a second yellow card. Southampton would have wanted to win by more but it ended 1-0.

Megson:"Another 3 points which is important, but with them down to 10 men I would have liked them to push on for more goals but im happy with the 3 points.
View attachment 106057

Last edited:
Month Update
September

League Table
View attachment 106058

Club Finances
View attachment 106059
Club made a loss £689K this month.

Megson: "7 wins out of 7 this month I couldnt have asked for any more. A great win against Porstmouth in the cup. Same again next month from the boys."

Last edited:
Southampton_FC.png
3rd October 2009

N-Power League One - Match 11
Hartlepool V Southampton

Team News
Southampton face a tricky away trip to Hartlepool as they look to make it 8 wins in a row. Southampton make 5 changes. Bebe is handed his debut up front in place of international team mate Joao Silva. Achille Webo starts on the wing in place of Emir Bajrami. Dean Hammond starts in place of Guthrie, Giuly is on in place of Puncheon and Frazier Richardson starts in place of Butterfield.

Hartlepool 1-1 Southampton
goal.png
Adam Lallana (37)
goal.png
Humphreys (51)

Post Match
.Southampton looked fresher with Bebe up front and Saints took the lead after 37 minutes when a Webo cross found Lallana unmarked who powered a head in from 6 yards. Hartlepool equalized after 59 minutes after some shabby defending by both full backs. The cross was aloud to come in far too easily and no one picked up Humphreys at the back post who nodded in. The match finished 1-1 and Saints fan will take the long journey home dissapointed.

Megson:"Well what can i say we dominate the game for 89 minutes and they get 1 shot on target and score. I see it as 2 points lost rather then 1 gained. I expect better next week.
View attachment 106068

Last edited:

Southampton_FC.png
5th October 2009

Johnstone's Pain Trophy South 2nd round
Southampton V Yeovil

Team News
Southampton change the whole team resting there first team players to give reserves and youth a chance in the Johnston Paint Trophy tie. The 4000 fans who decided to buy a ticket were expecting a comfortable victory.

Southampton 2-1 Yeovil
goal.png
Davies (15)
goal.png
Lallana (20)

goal.png
Joao Silva (70)

Man of the Match: Joao Silva
efc__1281433679_Joao-Silva.jpg

Post Match
Davies gave Yeovil after just 15 minutes to silence the Saints fans. Lallana gave Saints the an equalizer wth 20 yard shot. Everton loanee Joao Silva produced a peice of magic to give Saints the lead after 72 minutes he picked the ball up 35 yards out, bet two players before striking it from the edge of the box into the top corner. The match finished 2-1 Southampton despite Megson naming a weak squad.

Megson:"More proof that we have strength in depth in this squad. The boys dominated from start to finish despite a much weakened squad.
View attachment 106096

Southampton_FC.png
October 2009

N-Power League One - Match 12
Bournemouth v Southampton

Starting line-up
View attachment 106102

Bournemouth 0-0 Southampton
goal.png
Danny Guthrie (3)

goal.png
Molesly (16)

goal.png
Jason Puncheon (17)

goal.png
Stuart Lovell (43)

Man of the Match: Jason Puncheon

Post Match
Southampton took the lead after only three minutes when Danny Guthrie took the ball from 30 yards out and rifled it into the top corner leaving the keeper with no chance. Bournemouth equalised when Molsely placed a shot. Puncheon gave Saints there lead back straight from the kick-off. Guthrie threaded a pass through and he rifled it in. Some dodgy defending from Jose Fonte allowed Lovell through to finish comfortably. And that's how it finished.

Megson:"Another dissapointing draw, Webo really needs to work on his finishing. The chance he had in the 86th minute was clear cut."
View attachment 106101

Southampton_FC.png
21st October 2009

N-Power League One - Match 13
Sheffield Wedensday v Southampton

Starting line-up
View attachment 106106

Sheff Wed 1-1 Southampton
goal.png
Mellor (21 pen)

goal.png
Guly (39)

Man of the Match: Guly

Megson:"Once again a dissapointing draw. We need to get back on the winning streak. Peterborough are opening up a gap at the top.
View attachment 106107

Last edited:
Southampton_FC.png
24 October 2009

N-Power League One - Match 14

Starting line-up
View attachment 106108

Charlton 0-2 Southampton
goal.png
Bajrami (12, 39)

Youga (sent off 81)

Man of the Match: Bajrami

Megson:" An important win against a strong Charlton team away is fantastic for us. Lets look to push on and and start a winning streak."
View attachment 106109

Southampton_FC.png
27th October 2009

League Cup 4th Round
Southampton v Barnsley

Starting line-up
View attachment 106248

Southampton 2-2 Barnsley
goal.png
Gray (31)

goal.png
Jason Puncheon (34)

goal.png
Doyle (99)

goal.png
Achille Webo (108)

Southampton win 5-4 on penalties

61mrvYfIOjL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Megson:"I'm absolutely buzzing, I complaned last week that Webo wasn't prolific but he reacted well today and saved us from losing in extra time. Im proud of every lad that was brave enough to take a penalty and thankfully they all went in"
View attachment 106249

Last edited:
You seem to be dominating the league and Guthrie is doing really well for you :D

You seem to be dominating the league and Guthrie is doing really well for you :D
thanks yeh guthrie has beeen brilliant but emir bajrami from Fc Twente has been the real star. We have been dominating the league but we had a few slip ups lately.

Southampton_FC.png
31st October 2009

N-Power League One - Match 15
Southampton v Swindon

Starting line-up
View attachment 106246

Southampton 2-1 Swindon
goal.png
Adam Lallana (21)

goal.png
Austin (52)

goal.png
Dean Hammond (67)

Man of the Match: Adam Lallana
Southampton+v+Birmingham+City+Carling+Cup+749n07ifGS0l.jpg

Megson:"I'm pleased, a decent peformance against a strong side. We had the charachter to win after them drawing level. The win is important. Its another 3 points."
View attachment 107349

Last edited:
Month Update
October

League Table
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=106058&d=1284477310View attachment 106251

Club Finances
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=106059&d=1284477474View attachment 106252
Club made a loss £1.18M this month.

Megson: "The form dipped a but at the start of the month with a few sloppy draws. but we picked it up well by beating Barnsley in the League Cup and two important wins against fellow title rivals Swindon and Charlton."

Megson completes loan deals of two defenders
Saints boss Gary Megson has completed the loan deals of Fulham's Chris Baird and Fredrik Stoor till January. Chris Baird was delighted to return to the club he started out at. Swedish international Stoor was desperate for first team football and will fit right at home with fellow Swede Emir Bajrami.
Megson said "There both experienced defenders and thats what we need right now, were short on defenders and these two signings will help us push on for the title"
Fredrik-Stoor-Fulham-Squad-2008-_1538685.jpg
Chris-Baird-Fulham-2008_1538731.jpg