Southampton: The Rise to Supremacy

likeabaws

Reaction score
Hello guys. I'm starting a story with Southampton, and I've checked with Sam91 who's doing a Southampton story as well, and he's fine with it.I'll be sticking with Southampton, but hope to manage as many national teams as possible. Well, here is my 5 year plan.

Season 1: Avoid relegation and reach the quarter finals of both cups, using youngsters in the league cup.
Season 2: Finish comfortably mid-table and reach the semi-finals of a cup.
Season 3: Finish in the Europa League spots (5th, 6th, 7th) and win a domestic cup.
Season 4: Challenge for top 4, retain domestic cup, get a national job.
Season 5: Finish comfortably top 4, at this point I won't be bothered about DCs.
BEYOND!: Dominate English football and reach a Champions League final
Hope you all enjoy the story :) Likes, comments and ideas are much appreciated :)

quick note to Sam: I would have started tommorow but by the time I read your message I had laready begun, by the way I think I've compensated for Gaston Ramirez.

Nice, never mind look forward to seeing your signings buddy :)

Pre season and transfers

Axta 1-2 Southampton
Sharp, Lambert

Eastleigh 2-4 Southampton
Sinclair, Hammond, Puncheon, Du Prado

Southampton 1-2 Braga
Rodriguez

Zaragoza 0-5 Southampton
Du Prado, Lallana (2), Sharp, Lambert

Transfers

Thomas Hitzlsperger, free transfer
Paul Robinson, free transfer
Eidur Gudjohnsen, free transfer
Clint Dempsey, £5.25m, Fulham
Ashley Williams, £4.6m, Swansea

We may be getting Charlie Adam on loan but that deal is yet to be confirmed.

Just a piece of advice, If you want people to follow this 'story' you will need pictures and a bit more of a story to it. Sam's Southampton one and Klippybo's one's are great examples. This is just telling us how your team is doing atm. Just some advice. Good luck with your Saints.

Just a piece of advice, If you want people to follow this 'story' you will need pictures and a bit more of a story to it. Sam's Southampton one and Klippybo's one's are great examples. This is just telling us how your team is doing atm. Just some advice. Good luck with your Saints.
fair enough mate I'll make the improvements in next update.

View attachment 272753

August

Southampton 1-1 Man City
Dempsey

Sunderland 1-0 Southampton

Capital One Cup
Southampton 2-1 Crawley
Lee, Lallana

Southampton 4-2 Tottenham
Hitzlsperger, Williams, Gudjohnsen, Cork

Player of the Month
View attachment 272754
Thomas Hitzlsperger
Ran the show against Spurs and scored a goal of the season contender to open the scoring. Played well against City and Sunderland as well.

My view: We have had a good start, holding City to a draw was fantastic, especially as we conceded first and my instinct was that the floodgates were going to open, but Dempsey nicked one on the hour. Incredibly, we edged it on possession.We played amazingly against Spurs, we dominated in every aspect. I am really pleased that all but one of the new signings have scored, that massively boosts their confidence.

Fans view: We are delighted with the 4-2 win against Tottenham but disappointed with the defeat to Sunderland. We believe that Thomas Hitzlsperger is a very good signing.

Boards view: We are delighted with our performances in the league and look to the future with you as manager with optimism.

boooooooooo!!!!!!! only joking (sort of) ya know James Ward-Prowse who played v man city and utd i know him

View attachment 272761

View attachment 272762:It's all happening here on Deadline Day, and here at Sky Sports News we bring you all the excitement, drama and anticipation of Deadline Day. So far Dimitar Berbatov has moved to Chelsea in a 3 million pound deal, but Charlie Adam has rejected Fulham AND Southampton. And we're getting news of another major transfer, and it's another HUGE coup for Southampton. They have completed the signing of 23 year old Belgian attacker Moussa Dembele from Fulham. The fee is thought to be around 15 million pounds but SSN understands it will be paid over the next 48 months in small installments.

View attachment 272908
September

Everton 1-3 Southampton
Lallana, Rodriguez, Williams

Southampton 0-0 Stoke

Capital One Cup
Tottenham 2-0 Southampton

Wigan 1-1 Southampton
Dembele

Player of the Month
View attachment 272926
Ashley Williams
Won man of the match against Everton and Wigan with some solid performances. Worth every penny of his transfer fee.

My view: The performance at Everton was class, but we should have won against Stoke and Wigan. We've been snatching at our chances a lot and that is something I must address in training.

Fans View: We are delighted with the signing of Moussa Dembele who we believe to be a good player. However, we are disappointed with the fact we were unable to beat Wigan despite having many chances.

Boards view: We are delighted with our current league position, but we mus start beating teams like Wigan if we are to stay up.

View attachment 272965
October

~ Mixed month for Saints
~ Sharp, Lee and Lambert deemed surplus to requirements
~ Dempsey still underperforming but Dembele compensates

Fulham 1-1 Southampton
Dembele

Chelsea 3-0 Southampton

Southampton 3-0 West Brom
Hitzlsperger, Hooiveld, Dembele

Man Utd 3-0 Southampton

Player of the Month
MOUSSA DEMBELE
View attachment 272969
Played brilliantly against Fulham and the Baggies, getting two goal and two assists this month, great stuff from the £15 million man.

My view: We never expected to go to Chelsea AND United and get the 3 points, so I won't dwell on those defeats. We were very impressive against Fulham and deserved to win, but Dempsey missed 3 CCCs. I fined him for his poor performances and now he's got a cob on. I'll just wait for him to get over himself. We were dominant against West Brom, not a bad month, but not a good one either.

Fans view: We are pleased with our league form but the signing of Clint Dempsey has worried us.

Boards view: We are pleased with the league form, but we are disappointed with how the signing of Clint Dempsey has gone.

forgot to say, I've signed Fierro on a free, joins next season :D