Spain Announce Provisional WC Squad

That squad is amazing, but not impossible to beat.

If you're attack is good enough you can probably rip Spain apart, USA did it, so it's not impossible.

I'm afraid, very afraid. Only England can beat this team though ;) Can't wait for Capello's squad.

Trouble is would anybody look at Englands midfield and think **** they are good ?

They have a ridiculously potent squad. The only position they are somewhat lacking in is defense, but their attacking talent is incredible. It's not surprising that they've been named as favourites for this one... those midfield options are just unfair.

In fairness - they still have puyol, piqué, Sergio Ramos + at least 3 koality players (alla benitez...) in Casillas, Valdes and Reina.
Also to whoever was asking who they usually play.. i think they rotate with senna and alonso and maybe now busquets - but i think Fabregas should start... with iniesta generally out injured, and/or Xavi out Fab has a great chance to claim a stake for the 1st team...

De Gea and Lopez, Güiza, Jesus Navas, Javi Martinez, Busquets and one of Pedro, Negredo and Llorente. The defense should remain the same as there isn't much cover.

can they remove and add players when the 23 man squad is announced say they want to take um Bojan (if he is spanish) could they still do even though he isn' in that 30 man squad?

Pretty sure they can, this is provisional and not official.

The 30 man squad is to cover injuries etc, but until they hand the 23-man squad to FIFA, they can chop-and-change as they please.

According to the official regulations of the world cup, they can't. The final 23 must be named from the 30 players. But there is an option for Bojan to get the call-up. A player listed on the final list may be replaced in the event of serious injury up until 24 hours before the kick-off of his team’s first match. And that replacement player doesn't have to be on the 30 man list and the replacement has to be approved by the FIFA Medical Committee.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/tournament/competition/56/42/69/fifawcsouthafrica2010inhalt_e.pdf Section 26, pages 33-34.

Trouble is would anybody look at Englands midfield and think **** they are good ?

Yes, I would say so.

The likes of Lampard and Gerrard especially are well known internationally. People like Carrick, Lennon and Milner will make a name for themselves this tournament I believe.

That is scary and its only the PROVISIONAL SQUAD, WHO THE **** ARE THEY GOING TO CUT

Amazing Squad, They have to cut it down to 23, he has a tough decision, but I think the younger lads like Hernandez, Matinez and Pedro will be 3 of the 7 to go

Xavi Hernandez is one of the best midfielders in the world, and last time i checked he isnt young

they're a bit top heavy Spain really
there defence is not bad just not much depth
ramos is one of the best rb in the world
puyol and pique are first choice for barca (nuf said)
capdavia, for some reason i rate him highly
cassilas = best keeper in the world

Their team is to die for, their midfield especially is just immesne...Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas..and then Silva, mata, jesus navas, oft underrated, as well....and then upfront Villa and Torres...and then in goal it's so unfair...we struggle to find 1 keeper who isn't ****, but spain have the best keeper in the world, and then 2 of the to 5, and the best young keeper as well....the only shock is no Bojan....I feel sorry for Del Bosque, having to get rid of 7 players on that list...Spain have to win

their forwards are actually quite weak if you take out Villa and Torres. but the midfield is phenominal.

That is an incredible team, how anyone can match that I have no idea. And David De Gea will be Spain's #1 one day. I will happily bet my parents mortgage on it.

Troubling, that squad of players would stomp all over England. It's slightly reassuring to have a manager who knows what he's doing but that midfield is gna make me wet the bed coming up to summer.

Also is it really that much of a surprise that Pedro got a call up, hasn't he got around 20 goals in his debut season for Barca?

Amazing Squad, They have to cut it down to 23, he has a tough decision, but I think the younger lads like Hernandez, Matinez and Pedro will be 3 of the 7 to go

Ha, Xavi isn't young. He is one of the best players in the world so why would he not be in the sqad. Ridiculous.

Don't think he was talking about Xavi Hernandez to be honest lads.. Maybe he made a mistake and meant to write Javi Martinez?

Last edited:
their forwards are actually quite weak if you take out Villa and Torres. but the midfield is phenominal.
If you take out any country top strikers the rest will be average.

e.g. If you take rooney from england

Spain actually lack a decent LB. Capdevilla is decent, but for me is the weak link in the back 4 although Arbeloa can play there.