Spanish top 3 - Barcelona, Real Madrid...and A.D. Alcorcon?

choices

Reaction score
A.D. Alcorcon on the Rise

The club is founded in the city of Madrid. Most people know that there won't be any problems yet of who wants to go to which club in the city, or at least not yet. Still Alcorcon is on the rise. Founded in 1971 it has basically been bouncing between fourth division and regional division for the first 30 years. Finally in 2000 they made it into Segunda Division B and finished in a respectable 12th position.

Fast forward eight years where finally they made a playoff berth for the first time in club history. They would win first two games before losing to Real Union of Irun in the finals. Then last year they did it as they won the playoffs to get promoted to level two. With the success in the last two years one would think that the head coach would be in a safe position. Sadly though Jesus Alvarez Garrido pass away which open up the spot. While most people though it would be a promotion from within or from another team, the team would go out and grab an unknown in American Adam Ryan. While he is American he does have Spanish in his blood from his mothers side which has calmed down some of the fire.

"It has been a whirlwind. First I was stuck at my day job where I work on building stadiums and such. The next thing I know is I get a call from the team saying they need a coach. I laughed and thought it was some prank call. After a hang up, asking if it was Jim then hanging up again, the third time I heard them out. Problem after hanging up on your current employer twice puts you up on a short leash."

The board has said they are not looking else where, but with demanding pressure to succeed on this season they might be buying time to bring in a bigger name. As of now the exceptions for this team is to get relegated, but finishing in 19th place might be better than most and might be able to keep coach Ryan at the helm.

Guess I should of did this in the first post, but:

Patch: 11.2 since it just came and and got approved today
Database: Large, All players from North America and Spain

Facilities:

I know I have pictures but it looks like a long and bumpy road for coach Ryan at Alcorcon. 3000 is the stadium so their won't be a lot of revenues for a while. Since that coach Ryan has stated that he won't asked the board to upgrade anything the first year. With that at hand he did take the 160K transfer budget and put it all to payroll since he did bring in 7 new players.

Last edited:
Preseason and News

Pre-season Games

View attachment 118447

Coach Ryan decided not to add or cancel any friendlies. With seven new players, we will get to that later, it wasn't a bad pre-season at all for the new coach. Going 1-3-2 isn't that bad especially for a new coach, new players, and a new tactic. Coach Ryan liked a 4-1-2-1-2 formation, but has changed it up to a 4-2-2-2 this year. With that they scored a goal in four of their pre-season games, and only gave up 8 goals (4 in one match). Fans though they should of done better, but with personal changes and it being just pre-season they aren't that upset.Some are saying with the new signings that they can avoid relegation and that coach Ryan has this team heading into the right direction. With that we go to the new players.

Transfers

No one was cut or sold, but seven new guys are introduced to the team. More importantly is that all of them were out of contract so no money spent just for wages.

View attachment 118443View attachment 118448

ALECKO ESKANDARIAN - The first American to sign under the American coach and goes to their first slot from non-EU player. Already penciled in as a starter. The coach doesn't know what side, but he does look to be some more goals this year.

View attachment 118449

LLUIS SAURAS - Bringing in a veteran presence who will be more of teaching the younger players than probably starting. Still will be in a rotation and looks like one of the better shooters in the midfielder for this team.

View attachment 118450

ALEX PEREZ -Second player signed who is now a starter. Looks to be good and will mostly be playing as an attacking midfielder and will be no where near a wingback. His contract runs out when he turns 30 and most people say that he has four years to prove he is worth his salary.

View attachment 118444View attachment 118451

ALI GHARZOUL - One of the two key signings. Both came on the same day and looks to cause problems for other team with Jay. Only problem is if they can jel together fast enough to kick them off to a fast start to the year.

View attachment 118446View attachment 118453

JAY DEMERIT - Second American and the more well known player out of the bunch. While already at 30 years of age most people think he still can be a starter for the next five years easily for this team. Sadly though they only signed him until the 2013 season.

View attachment 118445View attachment 118452

BETO - Could be a starter, but was signed to help mentor and if by chance one of the top two players goes down he will come in and play. Ironically was the first person coach contracted and was the last one to sign.

View attachment 118460

IGOR - The second non-EU player to sign. This is a head scratcher. Not a starter, decent player, but looks to be a project. While it will work when he gets his EU status he won't be able to play a lot. Especially after the year if they sign someone else who hasn't their card. Still he is young, only at 22, and has a couple of years to work on his craft.

Coach News

View attachment 118454

It was released today of what coach Ryan's contract is. Most shocking is that it is for 2 years and not just this season. Are the team really going to allow a no name coach to continue after the first year, and are they planning on really sticking with him. Or is it that everyone else has turned them down or won't be available for two years.

View attachment 118455

Not so shocking is that coach Ryan and the board have both agreed that they should attempt to avoid relegation, and yes before all the signings, but say at mid-season they will probably change that. With the seven new signings it puts them just 2K away from their 75K max salaries.

Leagues News

View attachment 118456

Not a shocker here as they are listed at 40-1. However, most people think if they can stay up this year that they might be able to lure more players, bigger players, too to the club. Still all high wishing for a season they are predicted to finish dead last and get relegated.

View attachment 118457

Coach Ryan didn't want to change anything and he didn't with the field size. Maybe in a couple of years when a, should I dare say it, a new stadium is built?

View attachment 118458

What is shocking is that coach Ryan promised to pay a lower than normal collective squad win bonus. He also stated this is a way to save money for the club, but will it have an effect for the club not to put out their best foot every game knowing they won't even get a normal pay bonus. This might backfire, but the new coach assures us that the club is roaring to go despite the bonus.

View attachment 118459

Not that bad knowing that 1,500 hundred is half the stadium. Especially with a new coach and seven new signings.

hopefully you will get promotion and be top 3 as you want :)

I think i took on something bigger than I wanted. This team will never make money so this is hoping some tycoon will come in and buy the club and then build a 80,000 seat stadium (I can hope can't I). However I don't have the best luck with board takeoves in this game. Last game with Newcastle got taken over twice and both times the new owner didn't give me any cash, but then again I was very good at making the club money. Hopefully since I will be in the red that it will be incentive for the new owner to do that.

September 2010 Review

League Standings

View attachment 118598

Games

View attachment 118599

League Game 1: What a way to start off the new year with a new coach. The Americans were the story in this game. First coach Ryan getting the nod as head coach and then American international Jay DeMerit would put in the only goal to win the game. It was set up by the other American, striker Eskandarian would rocket one off the post on a corner and Demerit was there to knock in the rebound.

View attachment 118600

Spanish Cup 2nd Round: We were slight favorites in this game, but didn’t play like it since we got outshot 14-3. The fans are warming up to Americans now especially when Demerit scored two goals, yes we had three shots, and that would be enough for us to advance in the Spanish cup. All is well so far for the team and the new coach.

View attachment 118601

League Game 2: Not the best way to start the game as we would pick up a straight red in the 14th minute. Despite the card we played a great first half. Second half the pressure of being down a man hurt us when Victor Salas would score just within ten minutes to start the second half. The nail in the coffin would come with fifteen minutes left in the game as Ruben Vega would tap one pass the goalie as we falter and lose in a shutout. Sadly DeMerit broke his 8.00 or above rating and didn’t score a goal either.

View attachment 118602

League Game 3: The Americans strike again as Eskandarian should have two goals today. However he would be credited to only one while the other was credited to an Pindado own goal. Still that wouldn’t be the talk of the town as for the second straight game a straight red would be showed and coach Ryan is getting upset, but with the win it deflects some of that anger.

View attachment 118603

League Game 4: It would only take five games, but the fans have decided that Jay DeMerit is their player of the year. He would kick start the game within ten minutes with his second league goal, fourth total, off of a set piece. On the first corner Nino would head a goal in which DeMerit had two people marking him. Last goal came from the other American Eskandarian who would add punishment to Girona right before stoppage time.

View attachment 118607

League Game 5: Newspapers in Madrid title was “American’s make noise again for Alcorcon.” The first goal of the game came at the hands of Eskandarian for his second straight game with a goal. Then off of a corner kick Beto, who got his first start, added a goal just four minutes later. Right before stoppage time in the first half Martinez would put the game out of reach with his first goal of the year. The only bad note about this game was right after giving up a goal Eskandarian would pick up his second yellow of the game within 2 minutes and would be sent off. Coach Ryan got a player warming up, but before he could sub him off he picked up the card. Still a 3-1 win over Salamanca means they are now tied with them on top of the standings.

Finances

View attachment 118608

Lost of 180K is pretty bad for this club. The board has stated they want to cut some fat from the wages, but coach Ryan said the team needs these wages, and if they can continue this push with the new guys that it will all pay out at the end of the year. So now it’s a race to see who is right. If the coach is wrong it could be all that is needed to find a more well known coach. If it goes right for the coach it might show that the board went out and did something unprecedented and it paid off. Still early in the year, but sitting at first place gives the coach the upper hand so far in finances.

October 2010 Review

League Standings

View attachment 118609

Games (goals total unless stated otherwise)

View attachment 118610

Spanish Cup 3rd Round: We weren’t favorite to win this game so we decided to let some of our starters rest. It might have been a bad thing since we out shot them and they picked up to red cards and we lost in a shootout. We would score a goal right before the end of the game which was by, that’s right, DeMerit. Still while we are out of the tournament maybe that can give the players a rest to push more in the season.

View attachment 118611

League Game 7
: The loss in the Spanish Cup didn’t look to effect league play. Sure they got out shot 16-5, but for shots on target it was just 3-2, and that’s all they needed as they could score on both shots while Celta couldn’t find the net. First game where we would win and an American didn’t score a goal. Both goals did come from Quini as he netted his first two goals on the year.

View attachment 118612

League Game 8: Things started off great for our squad as we went up 1-0 within the first five minutes of the game. That would be the only thing good in this game as Xerez, who was favorite, would come storming back with two goals before half. That would prove to be too much as the only thing we did in the second half was to go into a shell and pick up two yellow cards. So we drop from first to fifth.

View attachment 118613

League Game 9: Looks as if the high from the new coach and signings are beginning to wear off. While they did have some chances Cartagena just found holes in our defense as they would just cruise to an easy victory. Wouldn’t of been so bad if we scored a goal to have something positive, but hopefully this will spurn them to turn in a better showing next game. Still with the loss we maintain our fifth position.

View attachment 118614

League Game 10: Another poor showing and now the morale is getting low. Right now Eskandarian is trying to hard and none of our other strikers are showing they can play in this formation. With the selling of three people already it might be time to start looking for another high power striker to give us a spark on the offensive end. On the defensive end the counters are killing us showed as we allowed two goals off of it again this game.

Finances

View attachment 118615

While the board might be happy with my leadership the coach doesn’t. Fans are upset with the signing of Igor, but the coach is happy with it. Still with selling three players and off loading about 3,000 in salaries still another loss of profit. This team might not do well in getting into one of the richest clubs.

TRANSFERS

View attachment 118616View attachment 118617View attachment 118618View attachment 118619View attachment 118620View attachment 118621

Looks like it could be a good challenge of a game.

ps. could you also put the score with the details about the game? My computer is too slow to load the pictures for every game thanks.

Looks like it could be a good challenge of a game.

ps. could you also put the score with the details about the game? My computer is too slow to load the pictures for every game thanks.

Sorry about that. Just assumed if I put the pictures it would be easier to do that than write out the score. I will change that for the next update though. Always willing to change to make it easier for the follower(s). lol

Subscribed. This seems very interesting. My Southampton team went to Administration, yet I though I was controlling wages and finance well. Good Luck.

All the best with this. Wish you beat Real Madrid, like they actually did in that cup game, all the time :D

Good start mate but then... Anyway nice layout! KIU! :D

November 2010 Review

League Standings

View attachment 118651

Games

View attachment 118652

League Game 11(vs. Numancia 0-3): Another shutout. Coach Ryan said he is already looking out for another striker since no one is giving help up top. Maybe that Igor signing wasn’t the best deal like the fans stated. Still in a news conference he said it was a signing down the road and not for immediate payoff. Still something needs to be done since scoring is down, can a defender really lead the team in scoring this year?

View attachment 118653

League Game 12(vs. Cordoba 3-2): Bad news this game is again we gave up 2 goals, but the good news is we won! We got goals from both strikers today, Eskandarian and Quini, and as of now it looks like the leading scorer on this team will be between DeMerit or Eskandarian. Rumors are swirling that the team is looking for another shutdown center back or a goalie, but no official news from the coach or club yet.

View attachment 118654

League Game 13(@ Tenerife 0-3): Another shutout. At least we didn’t have more yellow cards than the other team (4-1 this game). Despite the loss it was actually not that bad since we were suppose to at least lose by five. More than 2 shots would have been better, but coach Ryan is finding out that this team has a bunch of holes and without more than 10K in wages it looks as if this is the team to push forward. Or at least just one top player followed by an average player can make this team.

View attachment 118655

League Game 14 (vs. Gimnastic 3-1): After some terrible showings they go back to the way they started out the year. Coming out with a passion and confidence as they scored within the first ten minutes. Eskandarian would be the first scorer, and then looked to have his second goal but was pulled down in the box. Still no penalty was given since Quini knocked the ball in. Things looked like it would go back to normal with Eloy scoring just to start the second half. Still as the game was in its closing stages DeMerit would be on the tongue of the fans as they would start their chant with a goal late in the game. The win pushes the team into 9th place.

Finances

View attachment 118656

Okay with the high wages from the seven players we bought we know we are going to make a loss this whole entire year. With that in mind the only thing we are aiming for his a high enough position to help build team prestige and give us a better position next year to bring in better people to make the push for the top division.

December 2010 Review

League Standings

View attachment 118657

Games

View attachment 118658

League Game 15 (@ Huesca 3-3): What a wild game. First lets talk about the craziness in this game. It would be the first time this year that we would score an own goal which would tie the game at two-two. Next goal for both teams would come from the penalty spot in which both teams would connect to end the game in a tie. A win would have been a perfect result for us, but 1 point isn’t bad at all to keep us at the nine spot.

View attachment 118659

League Game 16 (vs. Elche 1-4): What an American comment. After the game reporters asked the coach what he though about his teams poor performance and his response was, “Hey, at least we scored a goal.” Again the only goal coming by the hands, or should we say head of Mr. DeMerit. Another game where we gave up at least three goals. The only pressing question is should the team sign a goalie or a striker for the new year, and would it be enough?
View attachment 118660

League Game 17 (vs. Villarreal B 0-0): Strange to believe only two ties on the year and its came in the past three games. Still in a game we were heavy favorites we sure as well didn’t play like it if you look at the stats. Maybe if we had more than 3 corners we could of gotten a famous goal from DeMerit. Sadly nothing happened, but at the beginning of the new year there is going to be a news conference. All is hush hush right now about what it contains or what it is about so the rumors of everything is speading like wildfire. From coach Ryan being let go, to a key signing, to selling off people, and last to Ryan leaving the club for another club.

Finances

View attachment 118661

Subscribed. This seems very interesting. My Southampton team went to Administration, yet I though I was controlling wages and finance well. Good Luck.

I wonder if a club can go into Administration in the first season. Something needs to happen cause the debt is rolling in with these wages. I really hope I can play this game cause if I go into Administration I will feel worst than if I got fired from this team. It would be the death of this save cause I don't know how I would ever get them to do well. Please Board come through for me!

All the best with this. Wish you beat Real Madrid, like they actually did in that cup game, all the time :D

Well I doubt I will win anytime soon and if I do it will probably be cause they go with their second squad and no goalkeeper. I don't know or can fathom this team beating either of the top half teams this year.

Yes, it's probably too hard in the starting few seasons, but I'm sure you'll get there eventually :)

Oh, by the way, the game I mentioned was played on 27/10/09. You should really really watch that game if you can find it. At least the first half. Madrid getting owned by anonymous guys. Brilliant I tell you. You can find at lest the highlights for sure...

It's very annoying, I had to quit my save :( started with brighton now... no debts :) good luck though

News Conference

Coach Ryan has been offered another job. It wasn’t released on who it was since he turned it down, but we do know that if things unfold they way they are it might look as if he will be out of a job soon. “We are doing pretty well in the standings I think for the team. The board came to me and asked if we could improve from our start point predictions (avoid relegation) and I said we should finish in the top half.” said coach Ryan at the press conference. Still the media wasn’t really following along since the two coaches under coach Ryan were huddled around someone sitting down. With their backs turned to the press and seeing something was going on people tended to turn their attention to see who was getting lectured or talking too. Coach Ryan continued with, “With the option of finishing at a higher spot our wages went from $79K to $90K. While it is not economy smart right now to sign anyone since we are already running in the red, I have decided to bring in some help to make sure we stay in the top half for the rest of the year. We need a high finish so we can get some revenue to keep this team afloat or I might be headed out the door. Another team has stated that they will be welcoming me with open arms if that happens, but as of now the board seems content with allowing me to operate this club in the red. Without further ado I guess I should let the main reason we are all here to introduce one of three players we are actively going after with one signing a month ago, let me introduce you to our new face on our team.

The coaches parted like the red sea and Adriano stood up and walked up to the platform. There was a shock to the whole room that Adriano would want to come to this club, especially since it was mid-table at the start of the 2011 year and had offers from some bigger clubs especially in the EPL. It was a short conference he had and it showed that he had a lot of respect for the no-named coach for the team and was ready to help contribute to the team.

Coach Ryan took the center of the stage again and ended with, “I am not a man to make crazy or guarantees, but with this signing you can’t help to think we won’t at least finish in the top half. I am very excited, probably more so than Adriano to be here. This is a start to something new to this club that has never been seen before and even I don’t know what exactly this means for the club.” As he stepped away you can’t help feel that despite the team financial this team is looking on the up and up.

January 2011 Review

League Standings

View attachment 118807

Games

View attachment 118808

League Game 18 (@ Granada 3-1): “New striker makes the world of difference to this club.” said coach Ryan after the win. Sure Adriano didn’t score, but did set up Eskandarian (7) for two goals. The Americans wouldn’t be done as DeMerit (5) would get in on the action as well. The offense is flowing, especially in final third, but again this was a game they were suppose to win as the next game will be the true teller of this tale.

View attachment 118809

League Game 19 (vs Recreativo 3-0): Again no scoring from the new guy, but the fans don’t care since the team posted a shut out. Eskandarian (9) would score two goals for the second straight game as he is the leading goal scorer for the team. Perez (1) would be the other person to add to the rout as it moves the team up two spots back to ninth place.

View attachment 118810

League Game 20 (@ Betis 1-0): It looks as if the final piece to the puzzle is now complete. Again not a goal from the new guy, but he has open up a bunch of the field since defenses just can’t collapse on the American. Perez (2) had so much fun scoring his first goal last game he got it on a 30 yard screamer which is now the longest scoring goal on the year, and third from outside the box. With the huge underdog win they move up one spot, but now are just 2 points away from third place who is Betis. Sadly Eskandarian was injured which deflates the high hopes for a bunch of fans for 3 weeks.

View attachment 118811

League Game 21 (vs. Valladolid 2-3): Jay DeMerit, and no he didn’t score a goal this game, but broke many of the fans hearts today as he picked up a straight red in the first half. It was on a breakaway when they were up so it stopped them. Problem was four minutes later they would score again to go up 2-nil heading into half. New player Dodo didn’t score, but did set up Adriano with a goal. The good news is that the game was tied in the 65th minute by Adriano’s second goal as he would steal it from the center back and then blast it past the goalie who was caught between coming out to stop it and staying back. Still losing to the first place team shows signs that this team does believe in the coach and its philosophy. Still with the close lost drops them one place to ninth.

View attachment 118812

League Game 22(vs. Albacete 1-0): Missing two Americans, one to injury and one to a red card, the offense didn’t seem to click so much especially on set pieces and corners. Still the only goal came from a defender and on a set piece. In a game they should of won mightily especially when Albacete has lost 14 games in a row a narrow victory didn’t seem too impressive. Ali Charcoal (1), who got the start for DeMerit got the winning goal in the last ten minutes of the game and pushes them back up to eight.

Finances

View attachment 118813

Well it would only take four months for coach Ryan to get the team in the red. Still they are doing well, but the main concerned is what is going to happen financially for this club. Will the club take out a loan from a bank, will the owner sell off the club, will they have to release a bunch of their older higher price guys (which means most of the people they signed this year) to unload some payroll. Questions are unsure as of now, but the team is on a winning spell and winning always trumps money problems. At least not until year three.

TRANSFERS IN
View attachment 118816View attachment 118814View attachment 118817View attachment 118815

With the injury to Eskandarian coach Ryan decided to bring in another foreign player Dodo. The real problem will come when he gets back from injury cause the team is enjoying their play by the Americans that Coach Ryan brought in another one so that makes three now since Igor got his EU card. So the question is at one point there is going to be $5,000 wages of dollars at least sitting out of the lineup. Is it worth it, as of now it is since they had a winning month.

Really well done mate! Keep it up! 7th.. Next season you will go up. I believe it!

Good story Choises. Hope you'll win many cups. In reply of the private mail, i'll let you know if i ever get a 2nd upgrade on my new stadium :)

GL in this game.