Spanish top 3 - Barcelona, Real Madrid...and A.D. Alcorcon?

Really well done mate! Keep it up! 7th.. Next season you will go up. I believe it!

Thanks with the strikers I have I should be able to stay up on mid-table if they stay healthy. They just seem to cause fits right now especially with the new guys. Next season I better go up cause most of the contracts are up then and if I don't this story might be ending. Plus since I have the next two days off to do nothing I will get the rest of the season done and try to finish another season as well.

I've subscribed, AWESOME story mate

Thanks Stephen. I am glad people are liking it. I would like to incorporate some funny stories, but with most of my team of unknowns and being the first year, and with the financial situation it might not be the best time for it. Maybe in year two it can expand some more. Also if anyone wants to see something else, or a different take, changes, edits or omissions to this go ahead and shout them out. The story is for everyone so I am hear to hopefully please people.

Good story Choises. Hope you'll win many cups. In reply of the private mail, i'll let you know if i ever get a 2nd upgrade on my new stadium :)

GL in this game.

Thanks again nlx. This is the game that made me quit Newcastle. Which people are going to think is weird when I finally make it to the hall of fame and they see that coach. I couldn't find the hall of fame file in this years game so he is going to be hard to beat. Especially with this team I doubt I will win any cups for at least 4 or 5 years.

February 2011 Review

League Standings

View attachment 118883

Games

View attachment 118884

League Game 22 (vs. Albacete 1-0): Missing two Americans, one to injury and one to a red card, the offense didn’t seem to click so much especially on set pieces and corners. Still the only goal came from a defender and on a set piece. In a game they should of won mightily especially when Albacete has lost 14 games in a row a narrow victory didn’t seem too impressive. Ali Charcoal (1), who got the start for DeMerit got the winning goal in the last ten minutes of the game and pushes them back up to eight.

View attachment 118885

League Game 23 (@ Ponferradina 2-2): “It’s not a loss.” said coach Ryan after the draw. It looked as if his team had the upper hand all game, and a questionable call that give a gift wrap goal early to Ponferradina seemed to be too much to overcome. Still the coach is right as the tie doesn’t hurt them but does move them up one in the standings. Both goals were by players who got their third league goal of the year. Again all the socring comes from corners or set pieces as the first was a set piece in which the taker was the goal scorer. Next off of a corner was the other score just three minutes later, but a late goal would seal the tie. In a game which should have been 2-1 turns into a tie. Still, “It’s not a loss.”

View attachment 118886

League Game 24 (vs. Las Palmas 2-3): “It is our fault we gave us three goals in the second half. I don’t care if the refs had a big part in giving them the game. One was from a penalty which clearly wasn’t. Second goal was legit I will give them that since we got lazy on defense, but the third was clearly offside.” said a very angry coach after the first loss in a game where they should of easily won.

View attachment 118887

League Game 25 (@ Girona 3-1): The duo of Adriano paired with either Eskandarian (still injured) or Dodo seems to be causing fits for opposing teams. This game would be no different this game when both Adriano (3) and Dodo (1) scored in this game. That would be enough, but late bloomer Perez (5) who looks to be an ace on set pieces put in another goal on a 22 yard strike. Again the opposing team scored first in which we came back for the victory. It seems that is a good way to win since when we do score first we seems to always falter late in the game.

View attachment 118888

League Game 26 (vs. Salamanca 2-1): Defense falter a little bit in the first half. Gave up nine shots, although only two were on target, but one of those shots would find the net to give them the early lead. Still it would be on the back or well strength of Adriano (5) as he knocked the ball and defender down on a cross to tap in the first goal of the game. His second would come when he stole the ball from a defender and muscled his way inside the box before sealing the victory with a shot to the top right corner. Sadly the win keeps them in seventh place, but now only just four points away from second.

Finances

View attachment 118889

Another loss what a surprised. Still winning is the key that makes board members happy. And being just 4 points from jumping from 7th to 2nd is keeping the board happy. Right now it looks as if still a loss every month will pay great dividends at the end of the year.

March 2011 Review

League Standings

View attachment 118890

Games

View attachment 118891

League Game 27 (@ Rayo 2-1): Game started off like the past month. Falling in a hole early. We would actually be trailing at half which was a surprised. Still the second half would be like the past two games. Adriano (6) would again use his strength to get by to get the equalizer. Sadly in one of the first games they had the odds of winning we lost as just ten minutes after we scored our defender after giving up a foul would let them score on a set piece as we would lose. The loss hit the players hard as morale has plummet, and the coach now has to get them back on track to keep them alive in this season. As coach Ryan said after the game, “Its just one loss. We are determined and will rebound from this loss. With it we only dropped on place in the standings.”

View attachment 118892

League Game 28 (vs. Celta 2-3): The board would not let the coach talk to the press after the game. There was an outrage and an outcry from the fans today and the board didn’t want their coach to get in trouble at the press conference. For how good Alcorcon is on set pieces offensively they are equally as bad defensively. First two goals for them came on set pieces (one was a PK Kick). Both goals for Alcorcon by Nino (2) and DeMerit (6) were on corners. The big outcry was Nino tracked back to get the ball on a through pass. Rodriguez would come from behind him and foul him. Problem was their was no whistle and he had an easy one on one when Nino fell down. That would cost at least a point to us and it was costly. So costly they now dropped to ninth.

View attachment 118893

League Game 29 (@ Xerez 1-1): This game was suppose to be a blow out. Luckily we ended up with a draw. Again set pieces would be the downfall for both teams. They would score first off of a free kick and then off of a corner Mr. Demerit (7) would tie the game up halfway through the first half in which he had to jump over two guys to score the goal. With the tie they are dropping points they need left and right, but still with the one point today they manage to move up one spot to eight in the standings.
View attachment 118894

League Game 30 (vs. Cartagena 1-1): “Guess this isn’t our month. This game was disappointing to us since we dominated the whole game, but yet we only managed to come up with one point.” said coach Ryan in the press conference. They still hold on to their eight spot, but something needs to happen. With American Eskandarian almost healed up it might look as if Dodo will be the odd man out. Sure he is getting assists, but we need another scorer up from and his production has dropped off since he scored in his second game. The only goal scorer was DeMerit (7, not a glitch but he is just dominate off corners) would be the only scorer in this game for us.

View attachment 118898

League Game 31 (@ Barcelona At. 3-0): This is the game we needed. Coach Ryan didn’t get in the mind war games with the other coach, and it proved to be the better cause since his team dominated the game in which they were the underdogs. Dodo (2) knowing he might be benched kicked things off with a bang. Next was Adriano (7) who lofted a chip over the goalie from just inside the box, and who ties DeMerit as the top scoring who is registered for the team. Last came a PK kick by Borja who didn’t do anything special and hit it right now the middle.

Finances

View attachment 118899

Again another month and still staying in seventh place. With that comes the loss for the month. Board is happy especially when we are just 2 points away from a play off spot. Still a top half finish is what the board wants and that will give us money to be able to hopefully not run in the red.

April 2011 Review

League Standings

View attachment 118949

Games

View attachment 118950

League Game 32(vs Numancia 4-4): “I guess I can’t be too upset with the team. We did manage to score four goals. Plus we did move one point closer to that ever elusive seventh place.” coach Ryan said after his team gave up the lead three times in the game to end with a tie. DeMerit (8, 9) tied his best to help his team win by scoring two goals. Sadly none were from a corner, but both were from a free kick. Perez
(6) wouldn’t let DeMerit have all the glory on set pieces as he would knock one himself in. Adriano (8) looked to lock up the game as they were winning 4-2. Still with 20 minutes left to play and four minutes of stoppage time it would be enough for Numancia to clam back to get one point out of the game.

View attachment 118951

League Game 33 (@ Cordoba 3-0): This could be the turning point of the season. We were one of the last games to play today. With that in the standings before we started to dropped to ninth. After the game and goals from Samuel (4), Borja (5), and Mr. DeMerit (11) and a shutout has moved us into the playoff picture. Sure there is nine games left and anything can happen, but morale is up and confidence is sky high.

View attachment 118952

League Game 34 (vs. Tenerife 2-1): Something was done in this game for the first time for this team under coach Ryan. They scored a goal in stoppage time, and with that would be the winning goal to push them up to fifth place in the standings. We jumped out to an 1-0 lead at half due to Sanz first goal on the year. Two minutes into stoppage time Dodo (3) finally got back on track and scored to help us grab the three points.

View attachment 118953

League Game 35 (@ Gimnastic 1-0): “We just continue to play our game. I don’t care if we score four goals a game or just one. As long as we end up with three points everyone is happy.” said coach Ryan after an upset win. Could it even be considered that since they have been on fire of late. Bitter sweet news today that Adriano (9) would be the only scorer in this game, but a couple minutes later would have to come out and miss the rest of the game due to an injury. He is only expected to miss one game, but that could be very harmful since they are missing their top two strikers. Hopefully Dodo can step up and make some goals in their absence.

Finances

View attachment 118954

Hey it’s the first month for a couple of months where we only loss under $200K in a month. Things are looking up financial for us! Still in a playoff hunt picture is better than we expected and the higher the position the more money we get. Sadly though we did hit the -$1,000,000 in balance this month so hopefully a high spot will wipe some if not all of it out.

Records

View attachment 118955View attachment 118956

April 2011 Review

League Standings

Sorry forgot to take a screenshot

Games

View attachment 118957

League Game 36 (vs. Huesca 2-1): Borja
(6) would score in the first half which they dominated in. Second half while still dominating would get caught on a counter as Garcia would tie up the game in the 76th minute. It looked as if this game was going to be a tie, but again a late goal in stoppage time would give the Alcorcon the win. This time it was by a midfielder Perez (7), and it wouldn’t be from a set piece, but on a rebound that Dodo rocketed right to the keeper and bounced right back to Perez.

View attachment 118958

League Game 37 (@ Elche 0-2): “Not the best game, but we needed this to make sure our feet are still on the ground.” said coach after a humbling loss. One of the key reasons we didn’t score is cause we lost our set piece taker Perez for the game due to an injury. Loss drops us one spot to fifth, but the one good thing is that morale is still high.

View attachment 118959

League Game 38 (@ Villarreal B 3-1): No ill effects after the loss. They came out with a passion, and with that would score two goals within the first ten minutes of the game. First was Adriano (10) who became only the second person all season to hit double figures in goals. Next was the other striker Dodo (4) who made a nice move not only on the defender to get by, but also the goalie to tap it in the open net. Villarreal would cut the lead with a rebound shot. Still the game was all controlled by us and we would add in an insurance goal in the second half at the feet of Mora (1) would repay the favor with a rebound shot himself. Win still keeps us in fifth place.

View attachment 118960

League Game 39 (vs. Granada 1-0): Getting out shot this game 3:1. Before the game we were favorites to win, and we luckily did. Dodo (5) is starting to get hot at the right time and has found his role in this offense. That goal was huge as now it pushes the lead over sixth place by 4 points and seventh place by 7 points.

View attachment 118961

League Game 40 (@ Recreativo 0-4): Not the best game. “I wouldn’t say the pressure is on this team since the last two years they been in the playoff’s. Problem was we lost two players to injury and that’s just ruined our gameplan and flow. That’s when everything came undone. Team is upset for losing without scoring, and plus giving up a goal when they went down one man, but its just one game.” said coach Ryan as he saw his team only have a one point lead over sixth place and just four points from seventh.

View attachment 118962

League Game 41 (vs. Betis 2-3): Playing against the third place team was going to be a struggle. Still it was a good effort, and Adam Ryan told his team not to be down. They gave their all and that’s all he can ask. Adriano (11) and DeMerit (12) help tied the game two times, but three minutes after the second goal would be the nail in the coffin as they wouldn’t be able to rebound from that. With the loss they now just hold a one point lead over both sixth and seventh position.

View attachment 118963

League Game 42 (@ Valladolid 1-3): Last game of the year. A win would seal a playoff berth. A tie, most likely would get us in depending on some losses. A loss well there was like a 1:1000 shot for us to make the playoffs. Playing against the top team in the league to end the season wasn’t the best scenario. Anyone thinking we would win this is out of your mind. The coach knew it and told his boys to have fun and enjoy their time out there. Adriano (12) would be the only bright spot in this game in which the game would be tied going into half. However to late goals, again with one being after they were down a man, would all but seal their fate, or would the Gods have another team for this Cinderella team?

Finances

View attachment 118964

The biggest lost of any month came this month. Good thing it’s the end of the year. Not the best way to end the year stats wise or financial wise. A bunch of contracts are up and the question is will coach Ryan bring some back or will he trim off some fat to help with the financial woes of the club.

June 2011 Review

League Standings

View attachment 119087

Games

View attachment 119088

Semi Final Playoff Leg 1 (vs. Celta 3-1): Sneaking into the playoffs they would sneak out of the first game with a huge win. Goals by Adriano (2) had two goals and DeMerit (1) would get his goal in the middle. While the game was at home the away game will they will be huge underdogs so hopefully the two point lead will be good enough.

View attachment 119089

Semi Final Leg 2 (@ Celta 0-0): Going back to their formidable 4-1-2-1-2 defense we would hold them to a great draw as they had 15 shots. Maybe the last two years of making the playoffs has given this team confidence and has calmed the nerves.
View attachment 119090

Final Playoff Leg 1 (vs. Tenerife 0-1): Well the #3 team in the standings made the finals, but a surprising run by Alcorcon has landed them there. Now with just one game left in the season will determine what will happen. A win will send them to the promise land, while a loss is fine as they will have a good stepping stone going into the new season in LIGA Adelante.

View attachment 119091

Final Playoff Leg 2 (@ Tenerife 2-0): If you saw this win coming, congratulations cause no one else did. Maybe coach Ryan knew if they had a chance it would be with his top goal scorers DeMerit and Adriano if they had any chance. They would come up with the win and both Adriano (3) and DeMerit (2) would score in the playoffs to give them the ever wanting promotion.

Finances

View attachment 119092View attachment 119095View attachment 119096

First two screens are the money we got for final position (hey at least we got a million dollars so that is good) and the squad bonus ($700K isn’t so good). Which isn’t good is the picture below.

UPGRADES

View attachment 119097

With being in the red all year and knowing this the coach didn’t ask for any upgrades. Still the Board decided to spash out 5 million dollars, hopefully out of their pocket, cause we are still short by a million on the year to upgrade the stadium. Hey 3,000 seats isn’t that bad so now we have 6,000. Lets just hope we can expand it some more and then when we build a new stadium it will have like 80,000 seats.

RECORDS

View attachment 119098

It's only going to last one year cause whatever position we get next year will be better than this even if we finish 20th which I bet everyone thinks we will. Either way it's going to be a fun and exciting off-season for us.

I love this hahah it's sweet.
Keep it up mate.. don't need no Messi or ronaldo to be top in spain ;)

Players Released

View attachment 119099View attachment 119101View attachment 119102View attachment 119103View attachment 119104View attachment 119105View attachment 119106View attachment 119107View attachment 119108View attachment 119109View attachment 119110View attachment 119111View attachment 119112

Ten players were released. Surprising is that both the starting goal keeper and backup were released. Maybe not the best sign moving forward into a deadly more bigger league, but it is what it is. Two names on there, actually the first two Beto and Lluis, were free agents who signed last year. While they were vital in teaching the younger players they didn’t play the most, sometimes they were injury as well. All in all with those ten players gone they cut off $30,000 in player wages. Only means they are going to try to be going after some bigger free agents this year to fill in some holes.

Only was the last guy here, Quini, was signed up by another team so he isn’t heading to free agency.

Coaches Released

So we released our scout. Wasn’t very good and we think we are doing alright without him or at least can get someone better.

Players Bought

Very good people so far for free. Ironically two of them are American, another played in the MLS last year, and the final one was on Barcelona. Sadly one of them, Nolito, is now sideline for 3 months. Still if its anything like the American push last year the fans are going to love this. Now means that three of the four players on the backline are American.

Coaching Bought

Only money that came from transfers funds. Sad that it has to be a scout and not even a player. Still it will be worth it for finding people.

Not the best ideal to sell him, but decided to save some wages and he was pushing 37.

New contract. Only reason why I signed it was since it wasn't that much more and we are also in the big leagues so that means more money for us to spend and receive.

Sponsors

Fans Voting and Best XI

If anyone didn’t pick him to be the fan of the year well then shame on you. Coach Ryan predicted it after game three of the year.

First time ever in this game where it was worst odds ever. Worst I ever had was 2000:1 but 5000:1. This is going to be a long long season. Glad I got 100K for a transfer fee. So with that coach Ryan decided to again go with a low bonus for the players in the league to help save the team money. Does it really amount to any saving is the question.

End of first Year Finances

I think they got it wrong. They said 5 million was from salaries I think it was actually from the stadium add on to seats. I don’t know, but I might be wrong. Especially when I was only down like 1.6 million at the end of the year before the add on took place. Still we are in the top division and praying that the owner gives us funds (please no loans cause its going to take me forever to get out of the hole, or sell the team and let the new owner hopefully give us money.

Parting Ways

Assistant Coach Manolo Cano, who was making 3,300 a week was let go in the pre-season to help save some money. His replacement only costs 850 dollars a week and looks to be better overall.

I love this hahah it's sweet.
Keep it up mate.. don't need no Messi or ronaldo to be top in spain ;)

Apparently not, but David Villa on the other hand might need. Spoiler alert since that was the first game to open up league play in the BBVA was against the Kings.

No offence mate but I would have never had you getting promoted in your first year. Sensational achievement. Your signings look good & I wish you all the best for the next year. Can't wait for the next post

No offence mate but I would have never had you getting promoted in your first year. Sensational achievement. Your signings look good & I wish you all the best for the next year. Can't wait for the next post

Hey no offense taken. I seriously wasn't looking for promotion either. I though I was going to lose the last 2 games and lose my playoff spot. I did lose but it just all worked out apparently and in the playoffs just got a nice streak going. Very proud of the way I started the year, but know that I did get a little lucky with some games, but most of my wins were against teams who just got promoted with me and I have a little better team than them now so I got some easy wins.

August and September 2011 Review

League Standings

View attachment 119282

Games

View attachment 119283

League Game 1 (vs. Barcelona 1-6): “I am not that upset. Well at least not by the score or the loss. I think it was just the aura of Barcelona. That made us maybe a little more nervous on defense which cost us grabbing a red card and then giving up three penalty kicks.” coach Ryan said after a humbling first game. Still one positive is that we scored against Barcelona so we can build from there. As of now we are in the position they predicted…Last.

View attachment 119284

League Game 2 (vs. Villarreal 2-1): “It feels good to get our first win. It looked a little worrisome when they scored first. Thought we were going to have a repeat of our first game. Luckily we decided to scrap and fight our way back into this game.” said coach Ryan after seeing his team winning with a penalty shot right before stoppage time. Both strikers got in the action today with Eskandarian (1)scoring first right before half. Next was the PK kick by Adriano, which couldn’t be any sweeter since it came against his old club, right before the game ended. Win moves them up 9 spots to eleventh.

View attachment 119285

League Game 3
(@ Levante 3-1): Movin’ on up. That is the saying so far with Alcorcon. This time it would be four places to seventh now and in mid standings after the horrible loss to Barcelona. A quick goal by Levante would continue the streak of opposing teams scoring first. Still like last game and last year this team is the comeback team as they would score three goals before half time. Surprisingly enough even after they picked up a red card for both teams within 3 minutes there wouldn’t be any scoring. Even with those holes out there their was a bunch of shots. Still more importantly was to start the game the shots looked like the score, 3-1 Alcorcon. Eskandarian (3) would be the scorer twice. Next was Montanes (1) who would seal the game right before the first red card.

View attachment 119286

League Game 4 (@ Betis 3-1): Hey! We would score first in this game by new man Mari (1). New territory for us and would we be able to hold on. It looked as if it would continue as Diedhiou (1) would score, but the emotions would go from joyous to concerned when they would score to cut the lead back to one just three minutes later. Alcorcon’s favorite son DeMerit (1) would finally find the net this year to push the lead back to two as they win again. With the win we are in sixth place and just three points from first! What?
View attachment 119287

League Game 5 (vs. Athletic 0-0): “I will take the point. I don’t care if people didn’t like it or not. When your top three strikers are out injured you aren’t going to have that great flow in the final third.” said a very happy Ryan after the game. Plus we had less yellow cards and fouls than the other team. With the tie moves them up one spot to fifth.

View attachment 119290

League Game 6 (@ Real Madrid 0-3): Fans were a little upset with the loss, but apparently one person wasn’t too upset. Coach Ryan after the game said “Listen three strikers injured, top two attacking midfielders were tired so we had to give them a rest. Plus the fact we have one of our top wing backs out as well and we hold the second place team to just three goals. Sure we had only 3 shots, but what do you expect with people playing up front who usually don’t get a lot of playing time.” Most of the game was in the final third defensive for us and still is pretty impressive though to just lose by three and we drop one spot in the standings.

Finances

View attachment 119291View attachment 119292

Sure the first month we made money (mostly from the friendlies), but once the season started we loss money. Again we are now losing money for the year. Last year took us four months while this year just took us two months. Will relief every club to this club financially? As long as we don’t go in administration or take out a loan I am fine.

If you do go into administration, you can offer your existing players new contracts for dead low wages, except for the ones that recently signed for you this season. Plus, you'll get a much healthier looking balance when the debt is restructured.

Trust me, I've been through administration a few times.

If you do go into administration, you can offer your existing players new contracts for dead low wages, except for the ones that recently signed for you this season. Plus, you'll get a much healthier looking balance when the debt is restructured.

Trust me, I've been through administration a few times.

I never been. I just assumed that I would sell off people to try to get out of it. That's a good thing to know. I still rather wouldn't like to go into it since most of my team were new signings this year. But interesting fact I learned about the game. Maybe its not so terrifying as I though it was.

Sorry to disappoint but Catalyud is a good keeper by stats but really isn't too classy. He may do in La Liga for a survival but he is only really ALRIGHT for Championship football in England. Good luck though, loving the signings, not to sure on Dodo selling, but it's income and Adriano and Nilitio, i believe, will perform!

FOLLOWING THIS VERY CLOSELY, THIS IS GONNA GET INTERESTING, GOOD LUCK!

October 2011 Review

League Standings

View attachment 119417

Games

View attachment 119418

League Game 7 (@ Valladolid 2-1): Good to have one back at least. We would get Adriano (2) would kick things off with a bang within ten minutes. It looked like it was going to be cruising when Montanes (2) would add one with his goal just ten minutes after half. Sure Valladolid did get 12 shots on target, but all were straight to the goalie, and finally would find a breakthrough. Still it would be too late to do any damage.

View attachment 119419

League Game 8 (vs. Malaga 3-2): Fans of Malaga were upset a penalty was awarded at the beginning of the game to Alcorcon in which Adriano (3) easily put past the goalie. Malaga would come back as they would tie it up, but again Montanes (3) would give us the lead again. DeMerit (2) would add the insurance goal they needed in the second half since Fernandez would score his second goal for Malaga in the 85th minute. The defense would tighten up for the rest of the game as we held on to the lead.

View attachment 119420

League Game 9 (vs. Racing 3-1): Good to have two of our top starting strikers back. Adriano (4) got things started off again with a penalty kick for us. Eskandarian would score next, but it would ruled and own goal which coach Ryan was a little upset about. Ryan would be fuming though just five minutes later when Racing would find the back of the net on a controversial penalty in their box. Still the team wouldn’t let their foot off the petal as Perez (1) who has been playing striker with the injuries, would move back to attacking midfielder and found a goal. Still game would be marred by cards and both teams would lose a player within two minutes of each other.

View attachment 119421

Spanish Cup 4th Round (vs. Racing 1-1): After three days they play the same team again. Coach Ryan looks to not care about the cup and more about the league since he benched four starters and then took out Adriano early in the second half. Still with no really dangerous strikers out there and down by one DeMerit would come through and tie up the game off of a corner. With the game tied there will be a second leg away and coach Ryan said he will be resting most of his team the second leg for it.

View attachment 119422

League Game 10
(@ Getafe 1-2): “Tired legs will do that so the loss is on me today.” said coach Ryan as his team as they failed to win a game there were predicted to win. It would be close but not for the shots as we would get out shot 21-4. Adriano (5) would score and it wouldn’t be from a penalty kick either. The loss still keeps us in sixth place.

Finances

View attachment 119423

Thank goodness for TV rights to help our finances out. Sure we were still in a negative, but at leas it was under 100K loss which is fine by me. As long as we don’t lose a lot of money this year is great.

November 2011 Review

League Standings

View attachment 119424

Games

View attachment 119430

League Game 11 (vs. Valencia 2-3): What a sea-saw game today was. A quick goal by Valencia would seem to hurt our morale. Still it would be DeMerit (3) and then Mari (2) to give us the lead at half. It looked like we had a strong chance of pulling the upset until Soldado scored two late goals and giving us the loss. With that we flip flop spots in the standings as we dropped to seventh place.

View attachment 119425

Spanish Cup 4th Round Leg 2 (@ Racing 2-2): Some of our fans were upset that we blew a 2-0 lead, but honestly the coach was thrilled. “I benched some starters to rest them up for league play. With the tie still we still move on. I wasn’t even thinking we would, but this is great. It might hurt us with some players not being rested, but at least we are still in the cup.” said coach Ryan after the tie. Ream who got the start for DeMerit wouldn’t disappoint as he scored the first goal of the game. A minute later Mari put in his goal in which the rest of the team when into a shell and was content with a tie.

View attachment 119426

League Game 12 (@ Espanyol 2-3): Goals wouldn’t be in short demand during this game. Things looked terrible in the first half. A goal by Espanyol on a counter would give them a first goal. Next it looked as if DeMerit was trying to head it out, but was bumped and instead of flicking it out of the box he miss headed it into his own goal. Things started to look up when Eskandarian (5) would kick things off for us. Still while everyone was celebrating the goal they came and scored within a minute to go back up by two. Adriano (6 ) would score late in the game, but the mountain was too high for us to conquer. The loss is the third straight loss this month and moves us into eight place.

View attachment 119427

League Game 13 (vs. Sevilla 1-1): “One point in four games isn’t ideal, but I will take a point in a game where we were suppose to lose heavily too.” coach Ryan said with a smile on his face. Although he knew this wasn’t a good month he can use this to show his team can play with the big boys. Eskandarian (6 ) had the equalizer for Fabiano’s goal in the first ten minutes. The defense held its ground especially when almost half their shots were on target. Still eight place isn’t bad the first year we got called up to the big leagues.

Finances

View attachment 119428

We made money this month! Its cause our stadium isn’t finish so we are playing in a 17,000 seat stadium in Madrid (why can’t we just play the rest of the games there). So that is a good thing to hear. Also helped that we had an easy schedule to start the year, not this past month though, but to start to give us a couple of wins to build up some fan base.

RECORDS

View attachment 119429

Not the record you want to break. Could continue just that the month ended and we didn’t have anymore games to play.

December 2011 Review

League Standings

View attachment 119512

Games

View attachment 119513

League Game 14 (@ R. Sociedad 1-1): It looked as if it was going to be a tie the whole game. Both teams had a couple of good chances, but the goalies were up to par. Then with just a minute before stoppage time Demidov would score giving Sociedad the would be win. Just two minutes into stoppage time though Montanes (5) would tie up the game to let his team come away on the road trip with one point.

View attachment 119514

League Game 15 (vs. At. Madrid 3-4): “Did you see that game. Listen I know we lost, our defense didn’t do the best job out there and let two counter attacks easily score, but our confidence is high. We fought until the every end and in a game we were suppose to get blown out we only lost by one. I don’t care what anyone says this is the game that is going to be a turning point for our team.” is what coach Ryan had to say after most fans though was a crushing loss. Still staying in eight place too for the standings as Eskandarian (7), DeMerit (4), and Adriano (7) scored in the game. Adriano’s goal again was again from the PK spot.

View attachment 119515

League Game 16 (@ Deportivo 2-1): Deportivo was the favorites, but they have fallen on hard times since they are in last place. Still we are struggling of late where we haven’t won in 8 games, but that would all change in this game. First was a nice counter attack that was finished off by Eskandarian (8) right before half. Right after half Mr. DeMerit (5) has found his form of last year as he has scored in the last two games which would be the winning goal. Deportivo would score in the game, but our defense was too stifling to allow 3 points to slip from our fingers again.

Finances

View attachment 119516

We again lost money this month. Still we are doing well as we continue to hold down the number eight spot in the standings. Still coach Ryan is worried he will have to sell some players here to help lower the wages and give us money so we don’t go more in debt at the end of the year.

January 2012 Review

League Standings

View attachment 119517

Games

View attachment 119518

Spanish Cup 5th Round Leg 1 (@ Real Madrid 0-2): Second time this year we played them. Still can’t score against them, but we did only lose by two at their place. Not bad at all. Now if we could only find a way to score though and at least we would have something to drive us forward. Four shots and only one on target isn’t the best way to have a chance of winning a game.

View attachment 119519

League Game 17 (vs. Sporting 1-1): Looked like the loss to Real Madrid still had an effect on this team. While they were favorites to win they seemed to not connect on any passes or actually put any forth in the final third. Luckily they got a penalty kick early in the game or it would have been a loss for this club. Eskandarian (9) took it since Adriano was resting this game and would be the only bright spot in this game.

View attachment 119520

Spanish Cup 5th Round Leg 2 (vs. Real Madrid 1-1): “Just think if Adriano would of made that penalty shot in the first half. We would be sitting here with a win. Of course we wouldn’t of advance, but we would have beaten one of the giants. Still we finally scored and we tied Real Madrid. Can’t be more proud of my team. Especially with the talks that I will be let go by the new board.” said coach Ryan with the surprising tie at home.

View attachment 119521

League Game 18 (@ Almeria 2-0): Adriano (8, 9) would shake off the miss PK from last game. While only one of his goals was all that was needed in the game the second would come just seconds before the ref would call the game. Again the underdog status we played worked and we won a game that most people though we would lose or at best tied. The win keeps us in single digits in the standings as we are in ninth place now.

View attachment 119522

League Game 19 (vs. Osasuna 4-2): DeMerit would be injured in training this week (and no I am not using any training schedules yet since I don’t have the coaches to do that) so Gharzoul (1) would come in and would tie the game up at 1-1. It looked a little worrisome when we went into half down 2-1. The halftime talked changed everything as we would come out on fire in the second half with three goals on four shots. Adriano (10) would be the first person to break double digits in the league. Next was Tchani would would score off of a corner to give us the lead. Last was an own goal in which Adriano wouldn’t get credited for it, but he was just happy with the win, and now we move up to seventh place.

View attachment 119523

League Game 20 (@ Villarreal 1-3): Not the best game. Coach Ryan was happy that Adriano (11) hit the penalty shot, but wasn’t happy when Adriano picked up his second yellow card right before half. Coach Ryan wasn’t pleased either that Giuseppe Rossi scored two goals in the game that helped his team to the win. Still we are higher in the standings than Villarreal.

Finances

View attachment 119527

The new owner decided not to give us any money in the transfer fee, but did invest some money into the club. Problem was he also took out a $1.7 million dollar loan. Don’t understand the loan taken out, but hopefully he will sell the club and the new owner will come in and actually invest more than like 8 million into a club.

NEW OWNERSHIP

View attachment 119528View attachment 119529

The new owner would wait until the tie with Real Madrid to make his conclusion on who would take charge of the team. However, the Board told the new owner that he has done great and that is what kept coach Ryan at this club.

February 2012 Review

League Standings

View attachment 119747

Games

View attachment 119748

League Game 21 (vs. Levante 1-2): “I don’t know what happened out there today. I just want to go home and forget about this game. When I wake up it will be a new day and we will try to go back to the way we know how to play.” said the coach after a game they were heavy favorites to win and didn’t even score a goal until stoppage time. We would give up two goals in the first ten minutes which would be the first time all year. DeMerit (6 ) would score in his first game back from injury, but it seemed that without Adriano it’s a whole different final third for this team.

View attachment 119749

League Game 22 (@ Barcelona 2-2): Who saw this score coming. We tied Real Madrid the last game we played them which was the Spanish Cup, but who saw this coming. Coach Ryan was baffled after the game when he was up on the podium. “We still got hammered by them in our final third. We acutally got it past midfield for more than five minutes this game. Again we decided to give them two penalty kicks in which Villa (or Villain by what our fans are calling him now) scored both of them to now have seven goals against us in two games. Look we came back and tied them so if we didn’t foul we could of possibility won this game.” Nolito (1) first goal of the year came at the hands of his ex-team. Montanes (5) scored on what looked to be a cross but was too far across and would hit the back of the far post.

View attachment 119750

League Game 23 (vs. Betis 4-2): We would snap our four game losing streak with a shutout. Even though we were slight underdogs we rallied behind our fans for the victory. It looked to be a tie since we went 80 minutes without a score. Then in the next 3 minutes we found two goals by Mari (3) and Nolito (2) to help us on our way to the win.

View attachment 119751

League Game 24 (@ Athletic 4-3): “That was a fun game. I don’t even think anyone bet on us winning that game. Heck I even told our players to just go out and have fun. Apparently when they have fun is when they win.” said coach Ryan after the biggest upset all year. And yes we said upset not a tie to Real Madrid or Barcelona. They had help on their way to the win as their first goal was an own goal. Still three goals in the second half and one in stoppage time would help with the win. This year can go down to the year of goals of stoppage time for this team. Nolito (3) is finally starting to score some goals despite missing the majority of the first four months. Adriano (12, 13) looks to hold on to the top scorer for the team and instead of a defender. Win moves us into sixth place which is crazy.

Finances

View attachment 119752

March 2012 Review

League Standings

View attachment 119753

Games

View attachment 119754

League Game 25 (@ Racing 3-0): Looked like the last two wins, which were upsets, were too draining on this team since they came out flat and showed no emotion. First time in a while where our team didn’t score a goal. With that we got a heavy loss, but hopefully it sparks us to keep our eye on the goal and not make us second guess. Still in sixth place but have a couple games at hand so we might be dropping fast here soon.

View attachment 119755

League Game 26 (vs. Real Madrid 0-1): “I am happy with the 0-1 loss. I mean it is Real Madrid and we are not to the likings of where this team should be. Then again its only a year and a half on the job, and when we actually get some funds to buy some people then it will be a different story.” While no one did score they did pick up 5 yellows. They also dropped back two spots to eight place. More worrisome is that Adriano got injured in the game and will miss a month. Leading striker is now gone so that might do more damage than a 0-1 loss to Real Madrid.

View attachment 119756

League Game 27 (vs. Valladolid 0-1): Looks like the end of the season can’t come fast for us. Third straight game where we haven’t scored a goal and the longest all year. Make matters worst we pick up a straight red card. Players are dropping like flies and we can’t seem to find the net. With all of this we drop two more places in the standings to hit tenth place.

View attachment 119757

League Game 28 (@ Malaga 3-2): We scored and we won! Victory is ours my friends. DeMerit (7, 8) would give us the lead twice before Eskandarian (10) would finally break his scoreless streak. Who cares if it was a penalty kick. That would be all we would win for the win. They would manage to cut it to one in the second half, but our defense stood up to the challenge to finally break the win less streak as well. We move back in single digits in the standings in ninth place.

View attachment 119758

League Game 29 (vs. Getafe 0-1): Adriano is looking like the glue for the team, especially on the offensive side. Another loss and shutout isn’t looking good. There has been rumors of a striker coming in for next year, but with the lack of wages it looks as if someone would have to be sold and no one is up on the chopping block as of now. Another injury and this time coming in the midfield where they are already thin as it is with Samuel going to miss two months.

Finances

View attachment 119759

For the second time this season we made money! Sad news came that we are moving back into our stadium. So we went from a 17,000 seat stadium to ours which is now just 6,000. I somehow see this hurting us. Which we could just pay rent or something to play in the bigger one. Cause we all know if I want to upgrade mine its going to cost anywhere from 15-20 million to get it up to 17,000 seats and we know it would be cheaper to just rent out the stadium.

April 2012 Review

League Standings

View attachment 119948

Games

View attachment 119949

League Game 30(@ Valencia 0-3): I know this is going to sound like a broken record. Once again we got shutout and we lost. Well we know this was an impossible game anyways, but missing our best midfielder and striker, although Adriano should be back next game we hope, it didn’t go over as well as we though. We gave up a penalty kick to start the game off and then went down from there. Another defender was send off with a red with this time being two yellows and not a straight red. Still the loss keeps us in ninth.

View attachment 119950

League Game 31 (vs. Espanyol 0-1): It looked as if this game was going to be a tie. Then the aggression kicked in and we picked yellow card after yellow card up. With that one of them, Nolito, would pick up two so he had to sit down. Just a little after ten minutes later they would finally score. After we lost Nolito they had ten shots. The first sixty minutes they had four.

View attachment 119951

League Game 32 (@ Sevilla 1-1): Adriano came back and look we scored a goal. Okay, the score sheet said we scored a goal, but in reality it was an own goal. Still a tie against Sevilla and a goal isn’t a bad day. Lost Eskandarian for the rest of the year to an injury. Not a good way to end the season with losing all of our attacking pieces. Although not winning games of late has pushed us back down to tenth.

View attachment 119952

League Game 33 (vs. Real Sociedad 1-3): Lempereur (1) would be the only scorer for our team this game. Problem was that they already had two goals when we scored. We don’t have any healthy strikers and the ones we do have are dead tired since we don’t have anyone to back them up. At least the season is almost over now and we are not going to get relegated. Loss moves us back to eleventh now.

View attachment 119953

League Game 34 (@ At. Madrid 1-2): This game looked to end in a draw. Again our defense likes to play sloppy especially in our box and gave up a penalty kick. That would be the end of the chances for a tie. Our scoring chance didn’t come by an own goal, although it was close as Adriano (14) would get a rebound and tap it in since the goal was still on the ground.

View attachment 119954

League Game 35 (vs. Deportivo 2-1): Deportivo has fallen on tough times. The owner just sold the team back to the fans which is a good sign, but they are currently in second to last place and are looking like they are going to get relegated. This game wouldn’t help them out as they would fall. They would have something to cheer about on the road as they scored in the first minute. But Nolito (4) and Perez (2) would have quick strikes within three minutes of each other to give them the lead in which they never looked back.

Finances

View attachment 119955

May 2012 Review

League Standings

View attachment 119956

Games

View attachment 119957

League Game 36 (@ Sporting 3-1): Nolito (5, 6) is showing why he should move into the second striker position of late as he had two goals in the first half. They would score one between both of them and in the second half DeMerit (9) would seal off the game with a nice header on a set piece. “Maybe if we get thin on strikers again I just put DeMerit up there. Sure he might not have the best finishing, but I would just tell everyone if they are going to pass it to him just loft it up and let him head it home.” said coach Ryan after the game asking if he was interested in signing another striker for next year.

View attachment 119958

League Game 37 (vs. Almeria 0-2): This was a game they were suppose to easily win. That is if they had their first team in. However with the final two games left in the year if we won both we could have finished in eight place. The lowest we can go is tenth place. So with not that big of a difference, and lets all admit that either of those three places is great for first year up coach Ryan decided to let some backups play. “They have two games to prove if they should be here next year. The Board wants to cut some wages for some bigger signings. So while they might not be first team players, we need some decent people if we want to make a push in the cup or if some injuries crop up next year.

View attachment 119959

League Game 38 (@ Osasuna 1-0): “At least we ended the year with a win. Not a bad performance for some of the backups. People will know within a week if they will be transfer listed or not. As on now I don’t know since we did end up with a win.” said coach Ryan as he saw Diedhiou (2) score the only goal. Just two weeks ago Diedhiou was unhappy so some people are wondering if he will be the first to go.

Finances

View attachment 119960View attachment 119961

Finishing ninth helped us bring in almost four million dollars. Good thing we did a low squad bonus so we only had to dish out 120K. Maybe we should of just done the hit for normal and we probably could of finished in seventh and earned an EC bid. Still first year up and top half is not bad at all.

RECORDS

View attachment 119962View attachment 119963View attachment 119964

Well another best finish for the team ever happen this year. Everyone knew it would be since it was their first year in the bigs and what a year it was. A top ten finish was better and a welcome surprised to see. One player made the "Team of the Season." It wasn't Adriano who had double digit goals in the league, but defender and team favorite Jay DeMerit. Another award would fall in the hands of the coach. For some reason I didn't take a picture of it, but if you look on the last pick on the third news item you will see that coach Ryan won "Coach of the Year."

GJ! Will you post your tactics? They seem to be pretty good.