Spitting.

• Thread starter Thread starter GodCubed
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 74
  • Views Views 4K
I agree, it is a vile thing to do, however a mouthful of phlegm isn't very nice either.

You know what they say, better out than in...

The body is made to swallow saliva, so it's really just pointless spitting. :)

I spit in matches but not regularly and its only while playing. Alot of the time some phlegm gets got up in my throat so mine our usually cough and spit. i always "rub it in" with my foot so its not noticeable out of habit but i wouldnt say it was influenced by professionals. When i saw them do it I tried and it just made my mouth dry constantly doing it but every so often i feel the need to do it in a match and i duly deliver. It usually occurs after a spell of sprinting and working really hard in the match

filipe_18 said:
Just got an infraction because of this
and your getting another one

i dont do it often but sometimes after doing a lot of running I get this sticky heavy saliva in my mouth that I have to spit out but I agree doing it all game is disgusting and having to slide round in it is disgusting

Sam does. XD

Some people spit, other don't.. It's down to them really, unless there is a ban on it there isn't much people can do to stop it.

Seriously, it was because I closed the page as soon as I saw the image, btw that girl really spits ;)

I do it sometimes on the football pitch, I sometimes don't even really I'm doing it.

I only do it because sliver builds up in your mouth after you've been running threw out a game, and I don't fancy swallowing it.

When the camera's focus on a player, and a little lads sat there at home seeing hid idol spit, it can be picked up from that, and if they see there idol doing it they must think it's cool.

But if people do it outside of the pitch, then that's just filth.

I can't believe people are complaining about this tbh, countless people do it and really it's neccesary because like almost everyone in this thread has said, it's not very nice too swallow.

I can't believe people are complaining about this tbh, countless people do it and really it's neccesary because like almost everyone in this thread has said, it's not very nice too swallow.

Just because a lot of people do it doesn't justify it. It's unhygienic, looks horrible and imagine if you fall over/slide tackle over it. That's not very nice either.

What person would get wound up by footballers spitting? Disgusting? Grow a pair! It's uncomfortable to play with and is thick when you swallow it.

What person would get wound up by footballers spitting? Disgusting? Grow a pair! It's uncomfortable to play with and is thick when you swallow it.

One who actually doesn't want to rub his face on a mixture of mud and another person's spit, thank you very much. It's all very well saying grow a pair, but it's a disgusting and unhygienic habit, and one that can be easily avoided.

One who actually doesn't want to rub his face on a mixture of mud and another person's spit, thank you very much. It's all very well saying grow a pair, but it's a disgusting and unhygienic habit, and one that can be easily avoided.
If by spitting you mean spitting on one another, then YES that is unhygienic and uncalled for. But distancing from play to spit on the pitch, should not be a problem to anyone.

Totally agree with the OP here, it's rank. The players should "grow a pair" and swallow or deal with it.

Maybe the ones who do this reallty need to. Don't know.

I remember specially the case of Iván Helguera. He was spitting during matches all the time.

I don't see any problem with it. When I'm playing I can't keep on swallowing all the time, it just keeps on adding up and that gets really annoying.

It's a natural thing...when you do exercise your body needs to rise the breathing freaquency, so the amount of air that enters your breathing channels needs to be warmed as the O2 and CO2 tend to be released and attached in an efficient way at a certain temperature. With all this beeing said you need to get rid of all that mucus that forms within your channels and wents to the mouth. To swallow it would difficult the all process as the spit would acummulate in the airways. Its not nice to see, i do believe that many times players do it more for habit or for being nervous, but its also a disgusting (but necessary) thing in football.

I do it all the time in football without noticing really.

Back