Surface - Grass
Construction cost - €105 million
Architect - Tomás Taveira

View attachment 66009

Chairman

José Eduardo Bettencourt

View attachment 66010

Wikipedia says...

Sporting Clube de Portugal also known locally as Sporting CP, Sporting, and often incorrectly as Sporting Lisbon by English-speaking nations is a Portuguese sports club based in Portugal's capital city of Lisbon. The club is particularly renowned for its football department. With more than 100,000 registered club members, its teams, athletes and supporters are often nicknamed Leões - English: The Lions) by its fans.
During the first century of the club's existence, the teams and the athletes of Sporting won 50 Olympic gold medals (Continental and Global), as well as many silver and gold medals and thousands of national and district titles. Few clubs in the world can boast such success, with there being no other at national level. Sporting is, after Barcelona, the club with more European titles across all of the disciplines in which the club competes.
During the founding period (1906), José Alvalade made known his wish to transform Sporting into a "....big Club, as big as the biggest in Europe." Today, one century later, the extraordinary record that Sporting boasts is the manifestation of José Alvalade's, as well as the other founders of the club's, principles, values, winning ethic and ambitious spirit of sportsmanship. Daring to clear pathways in a time when, in Portugal, sports were still activities in their developmental stages and having mainly elitist characteristics, the first "Sportinguistas" managed to found a powerful collective that projects itself onto the global level in the form of the present day Sporting Clube de Portugal. As well as the many titles achieved by the club, Sporting Clube de Portugal also boasts more than three million fans spanning all continents: with up to 300 Supporters clubs, offices and delegations, as well as more than 150 affiliates[6]. This dynamic and successful environment speaks for itself.

A New Era Dawns

Today at a crowded press conference inside the
Estádio José Alvalade, Sporting CP's Manager; Costinha, and Coach; Paulo Sérgio told suprised journalists that they would be stepping down from their roles with immediate effect. They explained that although they loved their job roles they felt that they couldn't take the club any further than its position now. They affectionately told the world of their fondness for the club and stated that they will always look back on their time at the club with happy memories. As they left the press conference both men shook hands with the clubs chairman José Eduardo Bettencourt, took a bow each and then left the room.

View attachment 66015

Chairman José Eduardo Bettencourt then sat down in front of the many jornalists who were still digesting the immediate resignation of the clubs Coach and Manager. He took a sip from a cup of water and went on to say...

"We at the club have been aware of what you have just seen unfold today, we tryed to stop what has happened but failed. For this we apologise. We felt the club was in good hands and was leaning in the right direction, nonetheless we have to move on and wish both our former employees the best of luck".

"Today we have witnessed two fine gentleman leave this club, but I don't want you all going home feeling that this football club has let you down. Firstly as I said before we have known about this situation for a while and myself and the clubs board have spoken at depth and had many long meetings and discussions about who can fill the gap. We have done so
without being rushed into a decision as we have had plenty of time to prepare. We feel we have made the right choice and are happy to introduce you too Mr...

Kofi Blake"

View attachment 66016

The journalists looked at each other, most of them slowly remembering who this man was. He was the former footballer that in his playing days signed for Real Madrid as a young Jamaican striker, only to play one match in which he scored an own goal and was soon after red carded. He never played for Real again. He was bought by Lazio for a cool £1m soon after and enjoyed a successful season there scoring 8 goals before then being bought by Fulham for £2.5M where he scored another 8 goals. In his second season with Fulham he was badly injured, he damaged his right cruciate knee ligament and was forced to retire aged just 24. He faded into obscurity but was always remembered for his nightmarish Real Madrid debut.

He took a seat next to José Eduardo Bettencourt and adressed the onlooking somewhat gobsmacked journalists.

" Ey man how are ya all? Bet you weren't expectin this at all were ya? Firstly I just want to tank Mr.
Costinha and Mr. Paulo Sérgio for leaving me a great team to inherit. I tink you'll all agree they done a fantastic job. Secondly I would like to Tank Mr. Bettencourt for having faith in me and trusting me to do well with the club. I haven't really been in the public eye much of late, thats cos I been managing in my home country for a couple of years. After I recovered from my injury at Fulham I went home and earned my coaching badges. I soon took up a manigerial role back in Jamaica and won the second divisional league within two years. I was still managing when I was contacted by this fine man next to me about this job. I'm glad to be back in Europe and glad to be here too. Me and Mr. Bettencourt have had many meetings and are definately looking at improving this club."

And with that both men shook hands and posed for pictures they then scurried off into another room within the complex.

So just like that the journalists and fans had to take in the fact that their much loved Manager and Coach had resigned and that a famous for all the wrong reasons Jamaican footballing flop had arrived to take charge...

View attachment 66019

"Watch this space mon!!!"

Last edited:
Hey guys first story... took alot of inspiration from other members and made my own. Hope you like and hope it's up to standards with the others.. I especially like Dans Hammertime story and Tobes fantasy Man Utd one...

The best of luck for your story :D

maybe someday someone could do one of FC Porto xD

I will be reading ;)

I'm playing Sporting Braga atm.

good start mate. I'm managing paredes in portugal - it's a nice country to manage in because brazilians don't count as foreign! I'll be following

Transfer Time
View attachment 67383

Kofi Blake was said to be itching to get "use" of the clubs chequebook. He has also stated in a few interviews that he was looking to make wholesale changes to the squad. He also stated that he wants to take Sporting back to the top first domestically then in Europe.

Federico Fazio
View attachment 67384
Sevilla - P/Ex

Blake
made his first aquisition in the transfer market with the part exchange of Pedro Mendes who an offer arrived for by Sevilla. Blake replied by asking them to offer Federico Fazio aswell. Mendes was deemed surplus to requirements anyway by manager Kofi Blake who said he was pleased to do business with Sevilla. It is believed Fazio will wear the number 5 shirt and slot right into Sporting defense.

Modibo Maiga
View attachment 67369
Le Mans - £4.5M

Another fine piece of business by Sporting CP's Jamaican manager. Young and enthusiatic Modibo Maiga will make an excellent addition to a Sporting side that is definately underway in becoming transformed. He will offer pace and flair and hopefully an abundance of skill. Blake was all smiles after this deal was signed.

Dentinho
View attachment 67373
Corinthians - 10M

The Sporting CP fans were jumping for joy when they were informed of this transfer. A massive coup for the club who have really been making changes recently. Blake was said to be "impressed with the clubs backing and relaxation of him running things transfer-wise"

Other Transfers In

Carlos Vela - Arsenal - £5M
View attachment 67375

Daniel Aquino - Murcia - £2.2M
View attachment 67382

Aleksander Kolorov - Lazio - £6M
View attachment 67380

Freddy Guarin - Porto - P/Ex
View attachment 67381

Rafael Toloi - Goias - £3.4M
View attachment 67376

Nicolas Otamendi - Velez - £4.3M
View attachment 67377

Sotiris Ninis - Panathinaikos - £3.5M
View attachment 67378

Lulinha - Corinthians - £2.7M
View attachment 67379

With Kofi Blake happy with the talent that has come into the squad, the club has also let many players leave. Many of the players that either chose or were told to leave the club paid the way for the new players to arrive. With the likes of Dentinho in the squad and Aleksander Kolarov the team should be strong enough to at least as a minimum challenge for domestic honours...

Here's a full list of the Transfers
View attachment 67385

Last edited:
i played a season with sporting and won the 2 port cups the leuge without loss and won EC, they can be very strong with some great signings

Good luck with Sporting, you've lots of work to do to make them a decent team :p

I will follow. A lot of transfers there will take a good manager to get them to gel straight away.

Yeah it's a young squad which can hopefully do well over the next few years. I think Kolarov will have massive impact

Pre-Season Fixtures
&
Champions League Qualifiers

View attachment 67567

Sporting CP 2 V 0 River Plate

Veloso (2)
Vukcevic (69)

View attachment 67574

A great first match in charge for Kofi Blake who looked very pleased on the touchline. After the second minute the win was always heading Sporting CP's way. Miguel Veloso got on the end of a Joao Moutinho through ball and unleashed an incredible shot from just outside the area. Moutinho was again on hand to assist the second goal which was similar to the first, the only difference being the goalscorer who this time was Simon Vukcevic.

MOM - Moutinho

Sporting CP 2 V 2 Rubin

Fazio (30)
Vukcevic (56)
Kabze (7)
Kaleshin (73)

View attachment 67575

Kofi Blake looked a tad nervous on the sidelines as the opponents took the early lead this time. It wasn't until Federico Fazio scored from a inswinging corner that he the sat back down. It was a tricky match for the Leoes which ended in a fair result for both teams.

MOM - Vukcevic

Champions League, Qual 3, Leg 1

Sporting CP 3 V 1 FC Timisoara

Dare Nimbombe (Og, 34)
Dentinho (39,59)
Dare Nimbombe (8)

View attachment 67576

Sporting CP's European chapter kicked off with a win, again conceeding an early goal but really turning it up a notch later on. New signing Dentinho showed the fans what he could do as he put away his first and second goals for the club.

MOM - Dentinho

Vit. Setubal 2 V 3 Sporting CP

Neca (18)
Henrique (66)
Fernandez (7)
Vela (68)
Felgueiras (Og, 80)

View attachment 67582

Another good win for the Leoes but they haven't exactly been setting the world alight with their performances. Their star man this time was Carlos Vela who looked confident and assured on the ball at all times. The ex-Arsenal man also picked up the Man Of The Match award.

MOM - Vela

Champions League, Qual 3, Leg 2

FC Timisoara 0 V 2 Sporting CP

Dentinho (9)
Pereirinha (70)

View attachment 67577

The Sporting CP fans were in a spirited mood after this match as they know that only two more games stand in their way now to reach the Champions League group stages. An all round decent display which seemed to energise the Estadio Jose Alvalde stadium.

Mom -
Pereirinha

Sporting CP 3 V 0 Pachuca

Vukcevic (4)
Guarin (20)
Dentinho (30)

View attachment 67599

Sporting CP finished their last pre-season friendly with a good flourish. Freddy Guarin scored a peach of a goal and then set up Dentinho to score another which was just as good. Kofi Blake was seen applauding his team, smiling and waving to the fans.

Mom - Guarin

Champions League Best Placed Playoff Leg 1

Sporting CP 0 V 1 Athletico Madrid

Aguero (59)

View attachment 67579

Many Sporting CP fans dreaded this encounter. Out of all the teams they could have drawn at this stage of the competition Athletico were definately the one team they would have wanted to of avoided. Sergio Aguero scored the only goal of the game in the middle of the second half. His goal sank the Leoes fans hearts as they knew they were more likely to get a result at home than away.

Mom - Aguero

Champions League Best Placed Playoff Leg 2

Athletico Madrid 0 V 3 Sporting CP

Dentinho (13, 36)
Vela (23)

View attachment 67578

The Leoes played this match with such courage and bravery the Sporting fans gave a standing ovation come the 90th minute. Sporting took advantage of a poor first half display by Athletico by dominating the play. Dentinho let rip with two screamers and Vela made sure they had a three goal advantage come the half time whistle. Athletico who were without Aguero through injury played well but when Gallegos (Aguero's replacement) was injured they seemed to give up and cave in.

Mom - Dentinho

Kofi Blake's reaction to these results will appear soon....

Last edited:
I know I honestly thought I'd be playing Europa League... The thing is though I could of had more goals. Got Porto pretty soon so I'll try an update later tonight.

(H)

The Season get underway!!

View attachment 68131

Kofi Blake was extremely impressed with Pre-season and with his summer signings. He said he was "particuarly excited" about watching Dentinho and how he will cope with being the clubs main responsibilty to score the goals.

"He will have to work well with Danny (Aquino) and Carlos (Vela), our other two new signings up front."

His team will face off against Braga in his first competetive match and then a week later against Porto, talk about being thrown in at the deep end.

View attachment 68137
Blake is said to be excited about kicking of the campaign against Braga

AUGUST

Sporting CP 4 V 0 Braga

Dentinho (56)
Guarin (75, 77)
Paulao (Og 84)

View attachment 68132

Mom - Guarin

Porto
1 V 2 Sporting CP

Hulk (16)
Veloso (45+3, 90+4)

View attachment 68133

Mom - Veloso

Sporting CP 2 V 0 Maritimo

Vela (51)
Maiga (59)

View attachment 68134

Mom - Maiga

Overview

Sporting CP
have had a really good month they have won their opening three games against somewhat stiff competition. Kofi Blake has been taken in by the fans and it looks as if things might go swimmingly for the club this season.

With the season so young no-one at this stage can determine what will happen but most people will just be looking foward to a rollarcoaster of a season

Player Of The Month

Sportings top three players this month voted for by the fans have been...

3. Dentinho
View attachment 68145

Played well and doesn't seem to be fazed at having alot of expectation on him. Scored on his debut and fully deserved to. This season will really determine if he is worth the money spent on him.

2. Modibo Maiga
View attachment 68147

His creativity is one of the main aspects his game relies on. His crossing and passing at the moment is second to none. He also can score aswell which adds so much more to his game.

1. Freddy Guarin
View attachment 68146

Many fans questioned the move for Guarin stating that if he couldn't make at Porto then he wouldn't be able to at Sporting. Well he has definately gone out of his way to prove his critics wrong two goals in three matches and a few assists makes him this months player of the month.

Last edited:
Really good results in the league, if you are able to win against porto away and batter Braga and keep the good work, you will easily win it.

Good luck m8

SEPTEMBER

View attachment 68902

The 2009-2010 Champions League groups have been decided and this years competition see's Sporting CP line up against...

Sevilla
Standard
Fiorentina

Sporting manager Kofi Blake said this after the draw...

"Our group is one of the more interesting ones, we have four teams that are a sililar level. This will make for fantastic viewing as each team will be fighting tooth and nail for the top two spots"

Oldhanense 0 V 1 Sporting CP

Vela (15)

View attachment 68903

Mom - Vukcevic

Champions League Group B

Sevilla 4 V 3 Sporting CP

Navas (21,88)
Duscher (56)
Kanoute (69)
Vela (33)
Adrien (Pen 39)
Dentino (84)

View attachment 68904

Mom - Navas

Rio Ave 0 V 1 Sporting CP

Guarin (75)

View attachment 68907

Mom - Moutinho

Sporting CP 1 V 0 Leixoes

Vela (20)

View attachment 68906

Mom - Vela

Champions League Group B

Sporting CP 3 V 0 Standard Liege

Vukcevic (41)
Dentino (65)
Vela (83)

View attachment 68915

Mom - Dentino

Overview

Sporting Cp's Champions League run didn't get off to a great start against Sevilla but with the win against Standard Liege under their belts the club will be looking to at least qualify for the Knockout Stages of the competition.

The stadium against Standard Liege was booming and many fans were dancing, singing and efortlessly enjoying themselves. Even Kofi Blake got involved and joined the jovial high jinks.

View attachment 68916

With wins against Oldhanense, Rio Ave and Leixoes, Sporting CP maintain there stride at the top of the table

Player Of The Month

Sportings top three players this month voted for by the fans have been...

3. Kolarov
View attachment 68919

Kolarov has definately made the left fullback position his own. Often linking up well with the left winger and delivering pin point crosses to feed the strikers. 5 impressive performances this month.

2. Vukcevic
View attachment 68923

Vukcevic, again on the left side of things in Sporting's squad has been instrumental. He has linked up well with Kolarov and likes to spread the ball around the pitch. He often likes to try his luck with a powerful shot which saw him score a wonderful shot against Standard Liege.

1. Vela
View attachment 68917

Always seen as a fringe player at Arsenal, Vela has adapted well to playing more and more and always seems to offer 110%. The young Mexican will be looking to establish himself in the squad and is doing so at the moment by scoring important goals.

Last edited: