Sporting the new design.. Time for a Kofi Blake

i like this story son keep going , hows otamendi doing for you though?

Wtf River Plate, an Argentinian team in Champions League ?

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Fantastic story anyways ;)

Sass thats friendly's and Champs League qualifiers. lol (H)

Otamendi is doing ok. He is playing along side Fazio at the heart of my defence. Nothing spectacular but doing well

OCTOBER

Benfica 0 V 1 Sporting CP

Dentinho (30)

View attachment 70027

MOM - Patricio

Sporting CP 2 V 1 Nacional Da Madeira

Vela (71)
Vukcevic (79)
Cleber (26)

View attachment 70028

MOM - Maiga

Champions League Group B

Sporting CP 0 V 1 Fiorentina

Gilardino (27)

View attachment 70029

MOM - Vargas

Sporting CP 6 V 0 Leiria

Dentinho (2)
Vukcevic (Pen 11)
Moutinho (24)
Aquino (30, Pen 49)
Ninis (71)

View attachment 70030

MOM - Aquino

Vit. Setubal 0 V 5 Sporting CP

Ninis (1)
Dentinho (29)
Vela (46)
Aquino (60, 70)

View attachment 70031

MOM - Aquino

Overview

Some extremely impressive performances in the Liga Sagres but as for the Champions League the performances are much less desireable. Kofi Blake is still under heavy surveillance from the fans as they still feel he is too inexperienced to manager at this level. The form that Sporting are in within the Liga Sagres is undeniably great though and with scorelines of five and six nil in their last two games, the fans at least have something to excite them.

Next month the fans will be praying that the club can turn around it's fortunes in Europes most prestigious competition. Finishing up in the Europa League is the bare minimum the fans will expect. Kofi Blake still has alot to do to with the Leoes fans watching intently.

Player Of The Month

Sportings top three players this month voted for by the fans have been...

3, Carlos Vela

View attachment 70049

Vela has again been in impecable form scoring goals and generally upsetting opposition defenders. He links up well with the midfield and has established a good partnership with Dentinho and Aquino.

2. Sotiris Ninis

View attachment 70048

Supplies the fowards well with his crossing and pinpoint passing. His creativity is good and every match he seems to be improving. The goals he scores are well taken and he is fast becoming a fan favourite.

3. Daniel Aquino

View attachment 70047

His composure in front of goal is amazing, especially for his age. Already looking like a bargain by for the club who at this early stage of the season seem to be enjoying having him in the team.

Last edited:
November

A busy month this month as Sporting CP should be able to work out if they have qualified for the later stages of the Champions League come the end of it. The club will want to continue it's triumphant form in the liga Sagres.

View attachment 70171

Manager Kofi Blake has said he will do all he can to get the club playing with the "Big Boy's" in the Champions League Knockout Stages. He has also promised to keep his players feet on the ground as they currently play within a great patch of form. He also added that he wanted to "guard against complacency" to ensure the current form continues.

Champions League Group B

Fiorentina 3 V 3 Sporting CP

Jovetic (11)
Ljajic (44)
Mutu (57)
Aquino (40)
Dentino (45+1)
Maiga (65)

View attachment 70172

MOM - Jovetic

Vit. Guimaraes 2 V 0 Sporting CP

Goncalves (26)
Douglas (Pen 30)

View attachment 70174

MOM - Douglas

Portuguese Cup 4th Round

Operario Dos Acores 0 V 5 Sporting CP

Kolarov (2)
Aquino (7, 12)
Guarin (50)
Vela (68)

View attachment 70175

MOM - Aquino

Champions League Group B

Sporting CP 2 V 3 Sevilla

Fernandez (12)
Fazio (35)
Kanoute (10)
Capel (28)
Renato (43)

View attachment 70176

MOM - Capel

Sporting CP 3 V 1 P.Ferreria

Aquino (15)
Vela (43)
Maiga (49)
Reis (18)

View attachment 70177

MOM - Fazio

Overview

A very topsy turvey month for the Leoes, they cannot qualify for the Champions League Knockout stages and at best can only play in the Europa League depending on results from their group. They did however progress through to the 5th Round of the Portuguese Cup but were widely expected to due to their lowly opponent. They also lost one of their two league games this month leaving everyone supporting and working for the club extremely uneasy and frustrated.

Player Of The Month

Sportings top three players this month voted for by the fans have been...

3. Joao Moutinho

View attachment 70152

Captain fantastic has played well this month, the only thing is he needs to be hitting the target more with his shots. Nonetheless the fans have praised him for his attitude and willingness to get the team going.

2. Daniel Aquino

View attachment 70153

Again Aquino has been in tip top form up front this month scoring no less than four goals. He seems extremely confident for a nineteen year old. His exuberence is a fantastic quality, one that has not got unoticed by the Leoes fans.

1. Miguel Veloso

View attachment 70151

Vice Captain Veloso has veen in good form this month. Although the team as a whole has under performed the fans see it that Veloso has been in good form and that if the squad were to take a page out of his book then perhaps the team would have had a better month.

Last edited:
December

Sporting CP 3 V 0 Belenenses

Vela (27)
Guarin (30)
Fernandez (38)

View attachment 70214

MOM - Fernandez

Champions League Group B

Standard 3 V 1 Sporting CP

Witsel (38)
Jovanovic (77, 87)
Aquino (40)

View attachment 70215

MOM - Jovanovic

Nacional Da Madeira 1 V 4 Sporting CP

Lopes (84)
Ninis (30)
Pereirinha (64)
Dentinho (67)
Aquino (90+1)

View attachment 70216

MOM - Fernandez

Sporting CP 5 V 1 Academica

Vela (2, 8, Pen 21, 24)
Pereirinha (67)
Mabizela
(42)

View attachment 70226

MOM - Vela

Overview

It was a disappointing end to the European Champions League with Sporting falling into the Europa League due to finishing third in their group.

View attachment 70251

The fans were disappointed but seem content to be in the Europa League. They will want to reach at least the far stages of the competition to make amends for their Champions league demise.

Sporting CP have done well in the league and won all their games. Kofi Blake was still downheartened about crashing out of The Champions League but seemed happy about the teams league performance.

Player Of The Month

3. Matias Fernandez

View attachment 70263

Matias Fernandez has had a fantastic month laying on goal after goal for his team mates. His unselfish approach to the game has benefitted his team as they have relied on him to deliver the inch perfect pass.

2. Freddy Guarin

View attachment 70266

Guarin has again showed his worth to the team scoring a great goal and often causing a stir in the oppositions defence. The fans have taken him to their hearts after his summer move from Porto.

1. Carlos Vela

View attachment 70268

An amazing four goals against Academica, this young man is really making a name for himself. His vision and anticipation is definately improving and with his eye for goal near on perfect, he will soon be making any defender quake in their boots.

good story mate, I'm also doing a Sporting CP game, will be nice to see how different things turn out ;)

Good man. :) Who have you signed? I've found that Vela is good for me,

quite a few of the players you signed, it was actually this story that inspired me to make a Sporting CP game XD

i got smithies, areola, otamendi, toloi, diego renan, jose angel, moussa sissoko, pacheco, markus rosenberg, ninis and two re-gens. I had to sell to buy though, sold liedson for big money and helder postiga went aswell but it's all been worth it, just won the league cup :)

Just found this story, the layout's excellent. Good luck, you've made some good signings there and once the youngsters develop it'll be good. For transfers, has Jadson's contract expired or has he joined a new club? I got him for free in January for Sporting and he was great.

Good Good.. It's January now and I've just signed Javi martinez from Athletic! :)

Jadson is at AC Milan looks great though so might try buy him doubt i'll get him.

JANUARY

A very exciting month for the Leoes fans who are excitedly waiting to see if any new signings arrive. Kofi Blake has remained coy about any transfer activity and does not want the team to become distracted by possible names joining or leaving the club.

View attachment 70623

Kofi Blake has assured fans that although he is keeping tight lipped about possible purchases he want's the fans to still get behind him and the team.

League Cup 3rd Round Group B

Sporting CP 3 V 1 Braga

Aquino (15)
Pereirinha (60)
Dentinho (84)
Cesar (39)

View attachment 70642

MOM - Dentinho

Naval 2 V 4 Sporting CP

Angelo (12)
Bolivia (77)
Vela (31)
Carrico (38)
Dentinho (67, 90+2)

View attachment 70640

MOM - Dentinho

Sporting CP 0 V 2 Belenenses

Beto (13)
Lima (27)

View attachment 70639

MOM - Lima

Braga 1 V 0 Sporting CP

Krupoviesa (69)

View attachment 70637

MOM - Patricio

Porto 1 V 3 Sporting CP

Portuguese Cup 5th Round

Hulk (51)
Vela (56)
Maicon (Og 75)
Izmailov (90+3)

View attachment 70641

MOM - Fernandez

Martimo 0 V 3 Sporting CP

Dentinho (4, 41, Pen 82)

View attachment 70649

MOM - Dentinho

Sporting CP 3 V 0 Oldhanense

Dentinho (18, 71)
Angelo (Og 26)

View attachment 70638

MOM - Dentinho

TRANSFER NEWS

View attachment 70591

Blake has been as active as ever this Tranfer window... Strengthening his team with no less than 5 players... The whole Youth team has been axed as Blake looks to revolutionise the way the club handles it's youth policies. He apologised to the many young lads who are now out of work and wished them well with future their ventures.

Transfers In

Peter Masilela - Shakhtar - £725K
View attachment 70600

Marquinhos - Palmeiras - £2M
View attachment 70601

Marco Verratti - Inter/Pescara - £1.6M
View attachment 70599

James Rodriguez - Banfield - £2.2M
View attachment 70603

These four youngsters will help shape the future of Sporting CP, it is understood that Kofi Blake wants to focus on youth so that the clubs future will benefit. All four players combined cost under £10m and with their potential simmering at the moment, they could and should well indeed be considered bargains when they evolve and grow up into fantastic football stars.

Peter Masilela is not allowed to play for Sportng this year as he has already played for two clubs, so he will play in the reserves and learn from Kolarov. Marco Verratti and James Rodriguez will most likely go on loan to gain vital first team experience. Marquinhos however will likely feature for the first team with Blake stating that he will intergrate him into the squad slowly and move him around from playing on the wing to playing up front.

JAVI MARTINEZ
Signs for the Leoes

View attachment 70650

Sporting CP have pulled off a massive transfer this January and that was bringing in Javi Martinez from Athletic. The fans who were wondering if a big name player would arrive this window were delighted and can be heard around Portugal rubbing their hands with glee due to the prospect of this purchase.

View attachment 70606
Javi Martinez cost £11.25M

Martinez himself seemed delighted at joining and was eager to show the fans what he can do. There was a press conference held. Where Martinez admitted that he couldn't "resist the chance to play European football". He also added that he "liked" what Sporting CP have said they are trying to do with the team. He wants to play for a "Great" club and want's to help build it up and be part of an uprising which he feels Sporting will become.

Here is a list of transfer activity since August..

View attachment 70630

Player Of The Month..

Sportings player of the month voted for by the fans is...

Dentinho
View attachment 70633

With the fans more concerned about recent arrivals they have no utilised their position in nominating the player of the month. As there were so few votes only one name stood out from the ones that were cast... that name was Dentinho who has scored some brilliant goals. He will surely be a contender for player of the season.

Last edited:
Any Ideas who could play well as a second right back... I need a back up to Pereira who is playing so well?
smile.gif

Will buy in the summer

Alan Hutton I suppose would be OK for backup, but I'd see if you could get Cesar Azpilicueta, he'd be worth every penny :p

And I am following mate.:D

I'll have a look at them both. i'll try update later going to see my great gran tonight who is quite ill. :(

Good luck buy Baba from Maritmo he's young and scored a load for me at Sporting !

Ok... I'll have a look for Baba.. I was also thinking of going for Ochoa.. Is he the best i could get you reckon?

Last edited:
Like above you should get Cesar Azpilicueta at RB and Ochoa is ok do you want him to start or as cover ?

Well I still have Patricio who is doing ok so perhaps cover.