Sporting the new design.. Time for a Kofi Blake

Yeah keep Patricio in goal and get cover how much do you want to spend ?

Eduardo - Cheap Back up & Portugal's number one

Cool can't find him on my game. He's the keeper yeah?

He plays for sporting braga or you could try Hildebrand or Kameni and on a free transfer you can pick up Moretto, Brazilan ex Benfica who is ok as back up

FEBRUARY

A busy month is in store for the Leoes who have eight games to get through before they enter March. Kofi Blake has said that he "can't wait to get the month over and done by" as he doesn't know how his team are going to make it through the month unscathed. One thing any manager want's to avoid at this stage of the season is a serious injury within the squad.

View attachment 71803

Portuguese Cup 6th Round

Braga 0 V 2 Sporting CP

Dentinho (9)
Kolarov (75)

View attachment 71790

MOM - Kolarov

Sporting CP 2 V 1 Porto

Dentinho (4)
Vela (72)
Hulk (64)

View attachment 71791

Mom - Martinez

League Cup Semi Final

Sporting CP 4 V 2 Braga

Vela (2, 37)
Dentinho (18, 32)
Bastos (36)
Moises (43)

View attachment 71792

MOM - Veloso

Martimo 1 V 6 Sporting CP

Pitbull (84)
Dentinho (26, Pen 72, 78)
Maiga (28)
Marquinhos (31)
Martinez (55)

View attachment 71793

MOM - Dentinho

EURO Cup first Knockout Round Leg 1

Sporting CP 2 V 2 FC Timisoara

Dentinho (78)
Vela (90+3)

Bourceanu (28)
Mihai (85)

View attachment 71794

MOM - Mihai

Sporting CP 2 V 0 Rio Ave

Fernandez ( 6)
Veloso (20)

View attachment 71795

Mom - Toloi

EURO Cup first Knockout Round Leg 1

FC Timisoara 0 V 4 Sporting CP

Aquino (32)
Fernandez (55)
Maiga (84)
Moutinho (88)

View attachment 71801

MOM - Maiga

Leixoes 0 V 3 Sporting CP

Marquinhos (2, 33)
Ninis (25)

View attachment 71802

MOM - Marquinhos

Player Of The Month

Undefeated all month and relatively unscathed the club and supporters will be extremely jubilant. Still bobbing along in all competitions and doing quite nicely. Sportings first opponent in the Europa League, Timisoara played well but then collapsed at home, paving the way for Sporting to progress further on in the competition.

View attachment 71809

Blake did however spurn speculation linking his team with all possible silverware this season saying that

"Although the team is in great form and doing well, I don't think we'll win everything because that would mean my team having to play too many games. I just want to meet the season objectives and build from there once the season has ended".

Overview

3. Maiga
View attachment 71806

Played some good football this month getting on the scoresheet a couple of times and providing many more. Always meant for the future but atm there is no keeping him out of the squad, Tremendous!

2. Veloso
View attachment 71804

Vice Captain Veloso has again been a commanding presence in his holding midfield role. Protecting the back four and definately making himself known to opposition strikers by performing some ferocious tackles to win the ball. Leads by example and is a great example to younger players.

1. Marquinhos
View attachment 71805

The young Brazillian has cemented himself in the first team quickly and has started performing fantastically even after many suggested he would as the culture difference from Europe and South America might affect his footballing. At such a young age this boy can only improve and might well be a star of the future.

Last edited:
MARCH

Sporting CP 2 V 2 Benfica

Fernandez (42)
Dentinho (45+1)
Blanco (30)
Cardozo (78)

View attachment 73692

MOM - Cardozo

Euro Cup 2nd Knockout Rnd Leg 1

Sporting CP 2 V 3 Roma

Moutinho (45)
Dentinho (82)
Riise (34)
Taddei (46)
Vucinic (75)

View attachment 73686

MOM - Vucinic

Leiria 0 V 5 Sporting CP

Vela (2, 30)
Maiga (21)
Otamendi (44)
Nini (86)

View attachment 73687

MOM - Vela

Euro Cup 2nd Knockout Rnd Leg 2

Roma 0 V 0 Sporting CP

View attachment 73685

MOM - Taddei

League Cup Final

Porto 1 V 2 Sporting CP

Falcao (7)
Otamendi (24)
Dentinho (40)

View attachment 73691

MOM - Otamendi

Portuguese Cup Semi Final Leg 1

Sporting CP 2 V 0 Belenenses

Dentinho (2)
Rodrigo Arroz (Og 72)

View attachment 73682

MOM - Vukcevic

Sporting CP 3 V 0 Vit. Guimaraes

Marquinhos (56)
Vela (78)
Guarin (87)

View attachment 73688

MOM - Marquinhos

Overview

What a crazy month for the Leoes who are now out of Europe due to the hands of Roma who by the end of it deserved to progress at Sporting CP's exspense. However still playing in every domestic competition and have already won one. Sporting's win over Porto in the League Cup Final has been embraced by the fans who are already enjoying a fine season. Kofi Blake added...

"We made tremendous progress in this competition, we never over asserted ourselves by pronouncing us the winners before the final was played. To be honest I was worried of burnout before the final, but to be fair we pushed ourselves and we deserved the win"

So with one Trophy already won can Kofi Blake steer the club to at least one more trophy before the season ends?

Player Of The Month

2. Dentinho
View attachment 73689

Dentinho has played well and has delivered as usual scoring an impressive 4 goals. No wonder the fans are dribbling over him at the moment.

1. Otamendi
View attachment 73690

Otamendi has had a great month, offering his services up front aswell as going about his usual duties. Loved by the fans and considered a legend in the making.

Good work mate, you are doing really well.
Keep it up!

Cheers

Good story mate. Try picking up Lodeiro. He's pretty immense.

Thanx Guys... I'll have a look at Lodeiro and see how good he is. Plays for Ajax right?

Yeah he does. Wickid shot on him and loves to get foward.

APRIL

The penultamate month to the end of the season. Blake has stressed to his players not to let this fantastic campaign suffer and self desrtuct due to sloppy mistakes come the end of the season.

View attachment 75113

He has also stated that every team in the league will now fear his side who he has re-energised and definately improved. He has taken them to the top of the table, won the League Cup and is now well on the way to taking them to the Portuguese Cup.

Belenenses 2 V 1 Sporting CP

Gomez (8)
Lima (66)

Guarin (16)

View attachment 75088

MOM - Lima

P.Ferreira 0 V 2 Sporting CP

Dentinho (31)
Marquinhos (90+2)

View attachment 75090

MOM - Marquinhos

Portuguese Cup Semi Final Leg 2

Belenenses 0 V 3 Sporting CP

Dentinho (31, 36)
Martinez (67)

View attachment 75089

MOM - Dentinho

Sporting CP 5 V 0 Vit. Setubal

Vukcevic (2)
Zoro (Og 17)
Martinez (22, 90+3)
Marquinhos (55)

View attachment 75102

MOM - Martinez

Sporting CP 1 V 1 Nacional Da Madeira

Vukcevic (45)
Pinto ( 6)

View attachment 75091

MOM - Martinez

Overview

Sporting CP have worked their way into the Portuguese Cup final
where they will play their firm rivals Benfica. They still remain at the top of the Liga Sagres and are installed as clear favourites to win it. With one more month left the final installment of Portuguese football 2009/2010 will be revelaed.

Player Of The Month

2. Vukcevic
View attachment 75115

Vukcevic has had a great month scoring and setting up goals which really has helped his team out. He is the epitomee of a great team player and is often overshadowed by other teamates which doesn't bother him though as he often prefers being known as a unsung hero

1. Martinez
View attachment 75114

Finally playing at what is expected of him. After a while settling in Javi Martinez has now found his feet and has nestled into the squad well. His link up play with the wingers and strikers is fantastic and his off the ball play is extremely pleasing too.

good luck mate, i'm still following!
i'm now in my 3rd season with the leoes, they really are a great club to manage :wub:

I know I really want to get them into the Champions League Final. I want to make them a club where all the Stars wan't to go. Do you think it is achievable to get them to the same prestige as the likes of Barca, Real M, Man Utd and Chelsea? Will I need a take over or can I just push the club that far?

Also can you add a countries database to the game I want to add mexico but I dunno if you can or you have to at the start of the game...

I wan't Hernandez... Can I just scout Mexico and he'll turn up?

Thanx

had a game with sporting myself, Postiga, Liedson and Mati Fernandez were immense, also Daniel Carrico, Joao Moutinho and Rui Patricio were good. Good luck mate, try snatching Ochoa as Patricio is pretty unconsitent ( spelling ).

Yeah they're out pricing me for Ochoa maybe if I get some more money I will.

Can anyone answer my questions above?

Vilar,Ben Foster and kuszchak w.e his name is

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

and no you cant add nations

MAY

Academica 1 V 4 Sporting CP

Sa (69)
Marquinhos (14, 45+2 Pen47)
Vela (50)

View attachment 75974

MOM - Marquinhos

Portuguese Cup Final

Sporting CP 2 V 0 Benfica

Marquinhos (26)
Dentinho (32)

View attachment 75975

MOM - Patricio

SPORTING CP WIN!!!

Setubal%20Carlsburg%20Cup%20win%20celebration.jpg

Sporting CP have definately had a season to remember. Their Jamaican manager who was relatively unknown come the start of the season is sure to be a household name and a Portuguese legend now. He has masterminded a fantastic season for the Leoes who have won all domestic honours. They did however fall short in Europe not qualifying for the latter stages of the Champions League and then being knocked out of the Europa League by Roma in the 2nd Knockout round.

Kofi Blake who was still celebrating and fighting back the tears said that...

View attachment 75979

"It was a truely magnificent season, I never dreamt of such a perfect start to the season but now all I am thinking of is enjoying this feeling with my team for as long as I can. I hope that every single Leos fan feels that tingle inside that I feel. It is a very proud day and I am proud of every single one of my players"

Jose Eduardo Bettencourt also added...

View attachment 75983

"I have to admit that I have a similar feeling towards this season as Kofi did. I never thought we would be lifting three trophies this year. However I am extremely pleased and would now like to take the time to thank Kofi for this magical season. I am sure he is already planning for next season and looking foward to competing in the much coveted Champions League again. I will also state that there will be money to spend next seaon for the club to strengthen even further and go and shake things up in Europe... But for now lets just enjoy ourselves"

Liga Sagres

1st

View attachment 75984

Winning the League by a point, Sporting CP will hope to win it by more next season. However a league win is a league win.

Portuguese Cup

Winners

View attachment 75986

Again pipping Benfica to the win which will no doubt have dashed Benfica's chances of classing this season successful .

Portuguese League Cup

Winners

View attachment 75985

Porto this time felt the wrath of Sporting CP who all season have been undiniably awesome. Both Porto and Benfica will be wanting revenge next season.

Dentinho

Won Player Of The Year
View attachment 75980

Freddy Guarin

Won Young Player Of The Year
View attachment 75981

Carry on following as Kofi Blake will try to make his second season in charge of Sporting CP just as successful. Who will he sign? Who will he sell? Can Sporting make if further in Europe?

You'll have to wait and see..

View attachment 75982

Great story so far, Hopefully We will see Sporting lift the champions league this season !