Spurs' Aguero Bid Rejected

• Thread starter Thread starter DMF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 158
  • Views Views 8K
I really want Daniel Levy's number to see from his viewpoint whats happening?

yeah it is an upwards move still, if Spurs qualify. History doesnt automatically mean you will always be top, ask any liverpool fan. atletico are stagnating, they still have some financial issues. Spurs are definitely on the way up

No. Just because you qualify for the Champions League one year does not make your club a step up. Atletico and Tottenham are similar in stature. Tottenham very well might not make the CL this year, and to be honest, I don't think they will next year. They're a great team but they have to compete with ManU, Arsenal, Man City, and Chelsea, and next season they could be competing with Liverpool and Villa. So no, it would not make sense for Aguero to leave Atletico for them.

If Aguero leaves Atletico, a club he is very loyal to, it will only be to a club of greater stature. It won't be Real Madrid, since he's too loyal. So that leaves Chelsea. Even if Chelsea doesn't make the CL this year, they have an incredible amount of spending power and have been in the CL every season for a long time now. But if Chelsea doesn't qualify for the CL this year, than maybe Kun will stay with Atletico. And if Chelsea gets Torres, than I don't see why they'd shell out another 40 or 50 million for Aguero (and Aguero might not want to go where he could be benched). So basically I'm hoping Chelsea buys Torres and still doesn't qualify for the CL.

Cos City aren't in the Champions League and Chelsea couldn't agree terms

|But in terms of Ambition City is a better prospect then Spurs, Chelsea had 39million rejected apparently...?

No. Just because you qualify for the Champions League one year does not make your club a step up. Atletico and Tottenham are similar in stature. Tottenham very well might not make the CL this year, and to be honest, I don't think they will next year. They're a great team but they have to compete with ManU, Arsenal, Man City, and Chelsea, and next season they could be competing with Liverpool and Villa. So no, it would not make sense for Aguero to leave Atletico for them.

If Aguero leaves Atletico, a club he is very loyal to, it will only be to a club of greater stature. It won't be Real Madrid, since he's too loyal. So that leaves Chelsea. Even if Chelsea doesn't make the CL this year, they have an incredible amount of spending power and have been in the CL every season for a long time now. But if Chelsea doesn't qualify for the CL this year, than maybe Kun will stay with Atletico. And if Chelsea gets Torres, than I don't see why they'd shell out another 40 or 50 million for Aguero (and Aguero might not want to go where he could be benched). So basically I'm hoping Chelsea buys Torres and still doesn't qualify for the CL.
yeah and atletico compete with barca, real, villarreal, sevilla, bilbao, valencia and bilbao. The difference between the sides is that atletico are struggling financially and are stagnating, Spurs are financially strong and are on the up.

You keep talking about loyalty yet aguero requested to have his wage doubled and his minimum fee release LOWERED this jan. So yes i can see if happen if Spurs get CL footy in the summer. You constantly seem to have a dim view of the prem every time. I have no doubt chelsea would be his first choice, But spurs would be a step if they got CL football (thus giving the extra financial platform to stay there regularly, certainly a better chance than the spanish side at any rate)

yeah and atletico compete with barca, real, villarreal, sevilla, bilbao, valencia and bilbao. The difference between the sides is that atletico are struggling financially and are stagnating, Spurs are financially strong and are on the up.

You keep talking about loyalty yet aguero requested to have his wage doubled and his minimum fee release LOWERED this jan. So yes i can see if happen if Spurs get CL footy in the summer. You constantly seem to have a dim view of the prem every time. I have no doubt chelsea would be his first choice, But spurs would be a step if they got CL football (thus giving the extra financial platform to stay there regularly, certainly a better chance than the spanish side at any rate)

First of all, I wouldn't say I have a dim view of the Prem, I'm arguing that the Prem right now is much more competitive in terms of getting a CL spot. Atletico have to compete with Barca (unbeatable), Real Madrid (Jose might leave and who will manage them then? could be a bad season for them), Valencia (serious financial troubles), Villarreal (not a lot of financial muscle), Sevilla (terrible this season, financial troubles), and Bilbao (Basques only). Atletico is in decent shape for the next few years considering the strength of their squad and the young players they have, even if they're having a bad season

Tottenham has the out of this world competition of the Premiership. You say that they'll be on good financial footing with a Champions League spot, but remember what happened to Leeds? Anyways, how can you compare their financial footing with Chelsea and Man City's???? There is no way ManU is falling out of the top 4 as long as Ferguson is around, and I think Arsenal is the favorite to take the title next year. Look at how well they've done this season without Vermaelen,and Van Persie was out for awhile. They have tons of young players with lots of potential, and looking at Arsenal's record with developing players, many of them will fulfill that potential. Arsenal is only going to get better each season as long as they don't sell anyone. If they stay relatively injury free next season, they'll be great. So there's NO way Arsenal is dropping out of the top 4 in the next few seasons. So Tottenham is going to be competing with Chelsea and ManCity, great teams with much more money than them. So I think Tottenham would be a terrible move for Aguero, it would be too risky, and in the next 2-3 years, I don't think they have a better shot at CL qualification than Atletico does in Spain.

As I said before, Aguero likes it at Atletico, and if he's going to move, it's only going to be to a top level team where he's guaranteed CL football. He certainly isn't guaranteed that at Tottenham. And now that Chelsea may have bought Torres, would it make sense for him to go there? The two would make a great pairing up front, but what about Chelsea's other strikers? It wouldn't surprise me if Kun stayed at Atletico.

Last edited:
First of all, I wouldn't say I have a dim view of the Prem, I'm arguing that the Prem right now is much more competitive in terms of getting a CL spot. Atletico have to compete with Barca (unbeatable), Real Madrid (Jose might leave and who will manage them then? could be a bad season for them), Valencia (serious financial troubles), Villarreal (not a lot of financial muscle), Sevilla (terrible this season, financial troubles), and Bilbao (Basques only). Atletico is in decent shape for the next few years considering the strength of their squad and the young players they have, even if they're having a bad season

Tottenham has the out of this world competition of the Premiership. You say that they'll be on good financial footing with a Champions League spot, but remember what happened to Leeds? Anyways, how can you compare their financial footing with Chelsea and Man City's???? There is no way ManU is falling out of the top 4 as long as Ferguson is around, and I think Arsenal is the favorite to take the title next year. Look at how well they've done this season without Vermaelen,and Van Persie was out for awhile. They have tons of young players with lots of potential, and looking at Arsenal's record with developing players, many of them will fulfill that potential. Arsenal is only going to get better each season as long as they don't sell anyone. If they stay relatively injury free next season, they'll be great. So there's NO way Arsenal is dropping out of the top 4 in the next few seasons. So Tottenham is going to be competing with Chelsea and ManCity, great teams with much more money than them. So I think Tottenham would be a terrible move for Aguero, it would be too risky, and in the next 2-3 years, I don't think they have a better shot at CL qualification than Atletico does in Spain.

As I said before, Aguero likes it at Atletico, and if he's going to move, it's only going to be to a top level team where he's guaranteed CL football. He certainly isn't guaranteed that at Tottenham. And now that Chelsea may have bought Torres, would it make sense for him to go there? The two would make a great pairing up front, but what about Chelsea's other strikers? It wouldn't surprise me if Kun stayed at Atletico.

I agree with you, unfortunately.

I would love to Sergio Aguero in a tottenham shirt but i just don't think it will happen , maybe a chance of happening in the summer if we get champions league football again

He's just signed a two and a half year deal with A. Madrid. I would have loved to see Aguero in England, one of my all time favourite players.

now they are in for Forlan, dont think they will get him tho

If we don't get a good striker, it's barely we'll finish 4th again.

If we don't get a good striker, it's barely we'll finish 4th again.
Keep faith in 'Arry. I can't recall one transfer deadline where he hasn't brought in someone right at the end when he was at Pompey. Got players like Lua Lua, Defoe etc. He did the Van Der Vaart deal in 90 minutes, he can get Rossi or whoever he's going for in the time he's got.

Keep faith in 'Arry. I can't recall one transfer deadline where he hasn't brought in someone right at the end when he was at Pompey. Got players like Lua Lua, Defoe etc. He did the Van Der Vaart deal in 90 minutes, he can get Rossi or whoever he's going for in the time he's got.

He had virtually nothing to do with Van Der Vaart, that was all Levy, as with the bids atm

He had virtually nothing to do with Van Der Vaart, that was all Levy, as with the bids atm
Well either way. You can still get a striker in the time that stands.

Now that Torres has gone to Chelsea, does this mean they wouldn't buy Aguero? I doubt they would, aren't they trying to eliminate their debt?

I don't know why Chelsea aren't in for Aguero instead of Torres to be honest.

Because Torres wants out, and Aguero signed a new contract this morning.

Redknapp talks out of his *** non stop tbh.

He was supposedly going home straight after training, and that ended 5 hours ago.

Must have someone lined up.

Back