Spurs' Aguero Bid Rejected

• Thread starter Thread starter DMF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 158
  • Views Views 8K
Spanish release fees are supposed to only apply to deals between Spanish clubs.

So Spurs can 35m euros for Rossi but it wouldn't mean Villareal would have to accept it as it comes from a club based abroad. If Real Madrid came in on the other hand a deal would have to be accepted.

So Spurs can 35m euros for Rossi but it wouldn't mean Villareal would have to accept it as it comes from a club based abroad. If Real Madrid came in on the other hand a deal would have to be accepted.
great news!

pretty sure they apply across the board, depending on how they are written

To be honest I can't see him joining Tottenham, they aren't a established top 4 team that may be a put off for him.
Besides even if he does sign, who's to say he won't be a PL flop?

Even if this doesn't materialise, I'm glad for Spurs, They've been asking for something like this for a couple years, IMO. A world class player could give them the increase in quality they need, and Agüero is not a bad choice. If it doesn't work, at least it shows they will try.

Would love to see Aguero in the PL but I don't see the spuds getting him

Come on levy were running out of time, make this deal happen

The lure of Champions League football could be a massive swinging point for Aguero, Spurs are really going balls out to create a new chapter in there clubs history.

Credit where it's due, Levy is a very trusting chairman.

See he can't actually play in this year's edition as he played in the Europa :S

See he can't actually play in this year's edition as he played in the Europa :S

He's played in the Europa not the Champions League. You're allowed to register one player who has played in another European competition after the Group Stages, which is why Chelsea would also be able to play Fernando Torres in the Champions League if they signed him.

Im shocked and as a Arsenal fan a little jealous, I hope/dont think it will happen as it would not be a step up as despite of A.Madrids financial problem they still on same level as Spurs. He could play for the top club i.e Man U, Milan, R.Mardid, Barcelona. But you have to admire the balls of spurs.

Im shocked and as a Arsenal fan a little jealous, I hope/dont think it will happen as it would not be a step up as despite of A.Madrids financial problem they still on same level as Spurs. He could play for the top club i.e Man U, Milan, R.Mardid, Barcelona. But you have to admire the balls of spurs.

While i agree that Madrid and Tottenham are on the same level roughly. What could attract him is the fact that clearly Spurs are on the up while Athletico have a lot of financial problems.

It wouldnt be a step up in terms of where the clubs are now. But Tottenham have by far been the best team in the CL this season, and that has opened eyes. Be honest, who wouldnt want to play in the same team as Bale, VDV, Modric and Huddlestone. That midfield could provide Sergio with a **** of a lot of goals. Even if he just uses Tottenham as a stepping stone if they dont get CL football this or next year.

It could happen. Don't write this off.

Why would sergio want to Join Spurs, Why oh Why..? he can take his pick from Real, City and Chelsea..? So why would he go for spurs.

The exact opposite was said when Real made a bid of 39 millions for Aguero earlier this month.

Back