Spurs chairman makes Bale promise

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 70
  • Views Views 4K
my comparison with walcott is that they both beat players the same way, bale is a better crosser but Walcott has improved, clearly bale will be a better tackler/header then walcott because he started of as a defender and walcott can jump about 4cm. finally if you look at walcott running he makes plenty of runs with sets up other players just like bale did for Defoe,

bale got a hat trick against inter every one rates him

walcott got a hat trick against crotia every one rates him.

easy to point out a couple of games but can he do it for the whole season i don't really think so
bale has been doing it consistently since january, the hat trick was the icing on the cake. walcott is wildly inconsistent

bale is a better crosser, passer, tackler, header, set piece taker; where he started his career doesnt really matter.

bale is simply a better player than walcott, he has a lot more in his armoury than him. and if he gets better at dragging his man like he did against chelsea he will be as dangerous off the ball as he is on it

erm, isn't this what Spurs say right before they sell someone?

Let's not turn this into a discussion between Bale and Walcott, because every argument seems to end up with Liverpool, Chelsea or United.

bale has been doing it consistently since january, the hat trick was the icing on the cake. walcott is wildly inconsistent

bale is a better crosser, passer, tackler, header, set piece taker; where he started his career doesnt really matter.

bale is simply a better player than walcott, he has a lot more in his armoury than him. and if he gets better at dragging his man like he did against chelsea he will be as dangerous off the ball as he is on it

he probably has a lot more in his armoury because he started in different positions if you look at ashley cole he started of as a striker which probably helps to explains why he is good at going forward because he has some experience of playing there, i never said walcott was better im just saying he is being over hyped, personally there are plenty of players in the world who are just as good as him and are not hyped as much.

how can walcott be consistent if he is always injured again i refer to the start the season, first 4-5 games he was on fire and i believe one of the top scorers in the league, there was a good article a while ago on the daily mail which compared him to a f1 car. saying that if the slightest thing goes wrong it can be a big problem but when everything works in tune he can be devastating which he has proved every know and again. the key for walcott to prove his potential is a break, and taking time because he has unquestionable talent. just to eager to prove it

edit here is the link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...tballer-Super-fast-fragile-like-Red-Bull.html

Last edited:
Let's not turn this into a discussion between Bale and Walcott, because every argument seems to end up with Liverpool, Chelsea or United.
barcelona will be eyeing him how, now they have become a business thanks to their friends in Qatar, cant see Spurs selling him though

To be honest ive watched enough of both of them to know who is considerably better, and this is from someone who has constantly said bale is overhyped. ask CJ, he will tell you how many times i said hes far from world class. Hope he stays in the prem

I am sure if a club comes in with a bid that some of the rumours are mentioning (50mill) then Spurs would not turn it down and rightly so. He is a terrific player but some of the fees being mentioned are just ridiculous.

Well...It wouldnt be a Spurs thread without my biast input,

Levy Said hes not going.
Redknapp Said hes not going.
Bale said hes not going for 4 years, he happy were happy, were in the champions league, there not.

From what i've seen in articles and interviews of him...he is always described as a nice lad down to earth and not motivated by money.

Hes happy, and it took him years to settle down at spurs so why would he leave now.

should say the same about kuyt,Babel,Torres, reina, dear i say Gerrard....

He said this about Berbatov and Keane... Basically until the player wants to leave Spurs are okay, but when they wanna leave they cant hold on to them.. Luckily for spurs, they are okay at the moment.

He said this about Berbatov and Keane... Basically until the player wants to leave Spurs are okay, but when they wanna leave they cant hold on to them.. Luckily for spurs, they are okay at the moment.

He sold Berba because it was quality money, he wanted to go had gone on strike, and only had about 18-20 months left on his contract..not sure about Keane.

Bale has 4 years left, doesnt want to go and is only going to improve.

If we get offered an obscene amount of money for him, then we will sell, and I wouldn't blame the club either... we'll be expected to cough up down payments for the new stadium soon, after all.

bitter much? he has more to learn, but he has a lot more ability as winger than walcott

Agreed. Walcott is pure pace with no delivery. Bale, on the other hand, can cross, whack in free kicks, and finish. Case in point: every time he has made Maicon look like an MLS fullback.

And, he's on a team that can provide him constant competitive first team play, unlike Walcott who has, at present, been relegated to 20-minute performances when Arsenal are up 3-0.

And, he's on a team that can provide him constant competitive first team play, unlike Walcott who has, at present, been relegated to 20-minute performances when Arsenal are up 3-0.
Not Theo's fault **** like Arshavin get games over him. All he has done is take the oppurtunity when they arise.

And the comparision of Walcott and Bale is pretty stupid. Walcott is a striker playing as a winger while Bale started as a defender but now plays as a winger. Of course Walcott doesn't have crossing ability, because strikers don't tend to cross.

Not Theo's fault **** like Arshavin get games over him. All he has done is take the oppurtunity when they arise.

And the comparision of Walcott and Bale is pretty stupid. Walcott is a striker playing as a winger while Bale started as a defender but now plays as a winger. Of course Walcott doesn't have crossing ability, because strikers don't tend to cross.

Fair enough. But, you can't argue the fact that Bale is going to improve at a much faster rate than Theo simply based on play time. And while Theo DOES deserve more PT in my opinion, I don't think that's gonna happen, especially based on what Wenger wants out of his XI.

And to get back on topic, I seriously doubt that Bale will leave in the next year. He's immensely important and Harry Houdini/Daniel Levy will definitely have keeping him in a Spurs shirt their top priority. He's attractive as an athlete on paper: a pristine athlete. My sole criticism of Bale is that he has a pretty weak right foot and could use work in that respect but otherwise I think he's definitely going to move in the future, just not that soon.

Back