Spurs chairman makes Bale promise

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 70
  • Views Views 4K
Of course there is going to be talk of him leaving. He has been impressive for nearly a year now and will attract interest. Since he was moved onto the wing he has been one of the top players in the Spurs side and he is left footed which there is a short demand in the Premier League.

Levy has the clubs interest at the forefront of his mind and if it means selling the player to improve areas of the club then thats what he will do.

I cant see Bale doing a Berbatov and sulk and then refuse to play to get a move as the interviews with him shows he is a different character all together.

Edit: This thread is about Bale and not Walcott. Keep on topic or start a different thread altogether.

Last edited:
Bale vs Walcott is not even close. Period.

On topic, If Spurs can hold on to their star players then they will are serious contenders for league title with bit of luck with injuries. I dont think Bale is someone who is motivated by money. He looks very happy at Spurs and there is no reason for him to move.

If he does move to Spain, i dont think his style suits Barca. Bale is very efficient in high tempo games and Barca takes 5 mins to complete a move and i dont think that would suit him. Madrid suits him but they have Di Maria. So I think Bale will stay at Spurs for long time.

hes a great player and has really kicked on in the last year or so. But teams are going to start doubling up on him and putting some tough tackles on him and this will take him a while to get used to. He will have to adapt to playing with 2 men tightly marking him and it takes a little while.

I didn't used to rate him. I was sceptical, thinking that this was just a run of form and the people calling him world class were being hysterical.

Then, of course, he bludgeoned Maicon all across the park and destroyed half the Prem. Spurs have an absolute gem of a player, and I hope he stays in the Premiership.

hes a great player and has really kicked on in the last year or so. But teams are going to start doubling up on him and putting some tough tackles on him and this will take him a while to get used to. He will have to adapt to playing with 2 men tightly marking him and it takes a little while.

wonder what team did that last weekend :P, great player, hope he joins man utd at some stage in his career and perhaps replace giggs. Even though Levy has said tottenham won't sell him, i doubt he would refuse 40/50m for him

wonder what team did that last weekend :P, great player, hope he joins man utd at some stage in his career and perhaps replace giggs. Even though Levy has said tottenham won't sell him, i doubt he would refuse 40/50m for him

lol it was 1 tackle from the Bison and after listening to quite a few pundicts and former ref Graham Poll i firmly believe it was a yellow card tackle at best.

this is where great wingers are separated from good ones. the great ones learn to drift into other areas, foring their markers to drop off and give them space, or follow them and open up space for other players to exploit. This is what he needs to do next

Could Bale be new Giggs ? NO!, imo
But, hes better player than most wingers nowdays... Ronaldo, Messi and Nani are only better than Bale... I just knew hes going to be a wc player two years ago.... Class!! And yeah! Walcott who?

But, hes better player than most wingers nowdays... Ronaldo, Messi and Nani are only better than Bale... I just knew hes going to be a wc player two years ago.... Class!! And yeah! Walcott who?

Indeed. Nani is on their level.

Since when was becoming the new Giggs necessarily the be all and end all of wingers? Giggs is a superb player, one of the best the Prem has ever seen, and if Bale comes even close to his achievements he's going to be absolutely superb.

I'm sick and tired of people comparing Bale to Giggs, just because they're both fleet-footed Welsh left-wingers. Bale is a good player in his own right, comparing him to one of the all-time footballing greats is putting for too much pressure on him.

Since when was becoming the new Giggs necessarily the be all and end all of wingers? Giggs is a superb player, one of the best the Prem has ever seen, and if Bale comes even close to his achievements he's going to be absolutely superb.

I'm sick and tired of people comparing Bale to Giggs, just because they're both fleet-footed Welsh left-wingers. Bale is a good player in his own right, comparing him to one of the all-time footballing greats is putting for too much pressure on him.
it was always going to happen. Britain is obsessed with next this, new that.

I doubt teams will bid 40/50m for him, imo he is a great player but thats just an obscene amount of money and I can hardly see clubs bidding more than 30m at this point of time but I'm sure if he continues to prove himself he will get those sort of bids, it really depends if he can handle the fact that teams will be paying special attention to him when they play Tottenham and the fact that he uses mostly pace to get past his man could be dealt with 2 like how Rafael did not close him down beyond his Man Utd half and then managed to keep Bale quiet the whole game

it was always going to happen. Britain is obsessed with next this, new that.
Not only Britain.

I've always heard of "new Maradona" in Argentina, "new Pele" in Brazil, "next Zidane" in France,...

Not only Britain.

I've always heard of "new Maradona" in Argentina, "new Pele" in Brazil, "next Zidane" in France,...

Yeah every young French attacking mid is the 'New Zidane'

The big question is, what if Spurs don't qualify for the Champions League this season, how will they be able to hold onto Bale (among others)?

Comparison is maybe coz we have not seen any good left footed left winger in the league and both being Welsh, it was inevitable.

Indeed. Nani is on their level.

............................L.Messi.............................
C.Ronaldo......................................................
............................................................L.Nani
G.Bale

.. happy ? sketch>>>> above ;)

I'm sick and tired of people comparing Bale to Giggs, just because they're both fleet-footed Welsh left-wingers

Yes! this is reason why people shouldnt comapre Bale to Giggs!
And im fckn bored of all knowing, smart *** kids ... please stay away from me....

Last edited:
Sure, a sketch would be good.

Also, swap Nani and Bale over and you'll be correct.

bale is quality but can levy honeslty think he can keep him if a big club come in for him eg man u, chel.

Back