Spurs vs Arsenal (League Cup) [Tuesday 21st]

• Thread starter Thread starter Frank
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 314
  • Views Views 15K
Oh i wish i could be arsed to re-quote CJ from the other night, Instead. Good effort lad. Your really top notch at predicting.

what is that excuse Arsenal fans make when they lose in the cup? oh yeah we were playing our reserves

easy win, couldnt believe so easy away . 18 year old whilshire is the new mayor of white hart lane. we even were handicapped by playing fabianski in goal. i counted 40 straight passes at one stage.

Pros
Whitshire
Gibbs
Lansbury
Nasri

Cons
Fabianski
Djourou
Vela

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------[/COLOR]

Look I wouldn't have had a problem losing, if i felt it was fair. Arshavins goal was a good goal, I just dont like the decision of the penalties. OK.

Loving how all the Arsenal fans were berating spurs earlier saying we bought the linesman, and then they get 2 dodgy penalties and everythings legit. :)

Fact
R.Keane was offside
K.Gibbs one on one was at least a yard on side

On a more serious note call the police, i think the game was fixed no way can we go to white hate lane and spank them 4 1 without our players breaking sweat. think some bookies in pakistan up to no good

Last edited:
what is that excuse Arsenal fans make when they lose in the cup? oh yeah we were playing our reserves

Hahahaha. But we did play some reserves. And we didn't lose, so we don't need that excuse.

Stop being bitter, it was Redknapp's choice to play youngsters and they did well. Fortunately for us, Wenger went with a more experienced side (though still quite young with Gibbs, Wilshere, Lansbury) and we dominated the match anyway. In fact, Wilhsere at 18 was probably MOM.

Hahahaha. But we did play some reserves. And we didn't lose, so we don't need that excuse.

Stop being bitter, it was Redknapp's choice to play youngsters and they did well. Fortunately for us, Wenger went with a more experienced side (though still quite young with Gibbs, Wilshere, Lansbury) and we dominated the match anyway. In fact, Wilhsere at 18 was probably MOM.

you dominated the first half ridiculously, but 2nd half wasn't that one sided tbf

you dominated the first half ridiculously, but 2nd half wasn't that one sided tbf

You're right, but we also dominated for most of ET, so not the whole game, but 3/4 of it.

You're right, but we also dominated for most of ET, so not the whole game, but 3/4 of it.

giving away a penalty after 30 secs in ET must have been so demoralising for the spurs team. Not surprised they were flat

giving away a penalty after 30 secs in ET must have been so demoralising for the spurs team. Not surprised they were flat

Doesn't change the fact we dominated them though. Just part of the reason, we still played better over 120 minutes and that's all i'm saying: That we deserved to win on the balance of play.

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

Explaining his decision to start with regular first-teamers such as Nasri, Tomas Rosicky and Laurent Koscielny, Wenger said: "We got a few reproaches that we didn't take the competition seriously. Also it was a derby. And to go out straight away would not be good for us. We have momentum and we didn't want to disrupt it." Asked whether he will persist with this policy, he said: "It depends on injuries. If everybody is fit I can go as well for this competition but I maintain the two competitions that really count are the Champions League and the championship."
The Guardian

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

Was too caught up in the moment to realise why Kieran Gibbs was substituted at the end, but this:
The only blemish on a satisfactory night for Wenger was the injury sustained by Kieran Gibbs. The left-back had to be substituted in extra time with what his manager believes is a broken metatarsal. A similar injury forced the 20-year-old, who made his debut for England in August, to miss the bulk of last season.

"It is a metatarsal again," said Wenger. "It is the one next to the one he had broken, the second one, so we hope we have good news in the morning, because that would be a massive blow to us."

Oh, here's a surprise:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11675_6392890,00.html

"Tottenham have accused Samir Nasri of diving during Arsenal's 4-1 Carling Cup win at White Hart Lane."

"I thought the first one was harsh," said Redknapp.
"He fell over. Really I think he's dived for the first penalty. The second penalty was a blatant one. He's pulled him."

Oh i wish i could be arsed to re-quote CJ from the other night, Instead. Good effort lad. Your really top notch at predicting.

Beat you to it ;)

Not a great fan of the League Cup, so really didn't mind if we exited last night, but seeing as it was against the Yids it was so enjoyable. Next round will be full of youngsters no doubt. Maybe we should actually try to win this boring trophy this year.

The "Shall we make a dvd?" Chant by arsenal fans was quality. XD Unless i misheard, sounded like they were singing that.

Was immense (H)

Great night! Beating the noisy neighbours in their back yard 4-1 was amazing. Was really impressed with the way the younger players stepped up and seemed to really show a hunger for the team. Wilshere, Lansbury, Gibbs really were amazing.

As for Spurs, they looked pretty bad. When I saw they're lineup I thought they could really damage us, but it wasn't too be.

Lol, when Spurs were leaving early..

''Is there a fire drill''

few funny comments from The Mirror Football Page

8) It all fell apart for spurs in extra-time. Although someone really should have told Spurs' defenders the penalties were scheduled to start after 120 minutes, and not 90...
9) The best chant of the game? The Arsenal fans' 'Shall we make a DVD for you?' after Andre Arshavin scored the fourth goal. The second best chant? 'Is there a fire drill?' as the Spurs fans subsequently filed out. Ouch.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opi...ing-room-and-article585569.html#ixzz10Hby9Frg

The DVD chant was pretty amusing, I'll give you that.

'Bassong pulled my shirt, it was blatant pen'

Following the Club’s Carling Cup victory over Spurs, midfielder Samir Nasri has declared he “can’t understand why there has been a debate” over the award of the first penalty at White Hart Lane on Tuesday night.

Nasri, who scored two penalties in the 4-1 victory said: “I can’t understand why there has been a debate about our first penalty on Tuesday night. Look on television. Bassong pulled my shirt, it was a blatant penalty and the referee gave it. It’s as simple as that.”

The French midfielder has also been speaking to the Official Matchday Programme, ahead of the Saturday’s Premier League clash with West Bromwich Albion, about why he didn’t take the penalty at Sunderland last week.

Nasri said: “When I was a young player I was told by one of my coaches at Marseille that, if the foul is on you, you don’t take the penalty. I kept it in my mind, but can now see that it was wrong. After the Sunderland game I spoke with the boss, and he told me that if it happened again I should ignore that.”

artticle @ http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/-bassong-pulled-my-shirt-it-was-blatant-pen-

Back