Spurs vs Arsenal (League Cup) [Tuesday 21st]

• Thread starter Thread starter Frank
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 314
  • Views Views 15K
Thought I'd bring this thread back to life :)

Harry Redknapp has admitted that he will be making changes to his Tottenham Hotspur side for the Carling Cup tie against Arsenal at White Hart Lane on Tuesday night.
The Spurs boss will ring the changes after Saturday’s 3-1 win against Wolves in preparating for the visit of our hated rivals.
With a visit to West Ham on Saturday awaiting Spurs, the likes of Ledley King and Rafael van der Vaart are expected to be rested for Tuesday’s tie.
Alan Hutton, Niko Kranjcar, Wilson Palacios, Roman Pavlyuchenko and recent signing Sandro are all expected to start.
“I’ll make a lot of changes,” Redknapp said.
“Lads like Kranjcar, they need to play. Palacio: he needs to play. Sandro, the Brazilian boy, needs to play. Pav can play again; Pav needs to play.”

Looks like we shall be playing some fringe players. I hope we line up like this...

Pletikosa
Hutton Bassong Caulker Naughton
Sandro Palacios
Bentley Kranjcar Giovani
Pav​

Confident that that team would beat the Gooners :D

Clearly :S

That team is much better then yours

There is though, All of ours there are full international players abar Caulker and Naughton, where as they only have 3 or 4. And that keeper has 80 caps for Croatia so hes hardly inexperienced.

If we played that team I think we would easily win tbh.

Why? Eboue isn't particularly good, and Hutton is very good going forward, and decent at defending. I'd much rather have Hutton

I see your using the term 'Mighty' quite loosely now..

You're not that good at predicting things, are you.

I don't see how all the Arsenal have been robbed of a win...You've had about 4 shots all game. Your goalies had more to do then ours.

Good game, Caulker is the most composed 18yr old on his debut in a derby that you will ever see.

Can definately see a winner befor Pens.

Oh, there goes me and my big mouth. :$

Resoundly beaten in extra-time. Bitter pill to swallow, given that it's Arsenal who beat us, but they deserved it over 120 minutes.

Not at all bothered that we're out of the Carling Cup, it is the manner in which we make our exit that sticks in the throat.

Silver lining: It wasn't 5-1 as I predicted at half-time. (H)

Well done.

Resoundly beaten in extra-time. Bitter pill to swallow, given that it's Arsenal who beat us, but they deserved it over 120 minutes.

Not at all bothered that we're out of the Carling Cup, it is the manner in which we make our exit that sticks in the throat.

Silver lining: It wasn't 5-1 as I predicted at half-time. (H)

Well done.

Credit to you for not being a bad loser. Kudos, indeed.

Look I wouldn't have had a problem losing, if i felt it was fair. Arshavins goal was a good goal, I just dont like the decision of the penalties. OK.

Loving how all the Arsenal fans were berating spurs earlier saying we bought the linesman, and then they get 2 dodgy penalties and everythings legit. :)
but if the penalties hadnt happened, mathematically speaking arsenal still would have won?

Anyway, after what spurs did to us last year of course im happy to see them out, also if city have any chance of winning good teams need to be eliminated, as much as arsenal destroyed spurs today i cant see them going far as wenger doesnt take it too seriously.

Look I wouldn't have had a problem losing, if i felt it was fair. Arshavins goal was a good goal, I just dont like the decision of the penalties. OK.

Loving how all the Arsenal fans were berating spurs earlier saying we bought the linesman, and then they get 2 dodgy penalties and everythings legit. :)

You love continuing arguments don't you?

The Keane goal was offside.
The Gibbs 'goal' wasn't.
Highlights show this.

The pens were correct IMO, and everyone else's it seems.
We also had a penalty shout turned down early in the first half.
Not our fault we can finish. And our keeper gave you a goal.

With respect mate, "all" is a pretty big brush. I stated Gibbs played him on (his mistake) and Fabianski was pretty poor, but I don't berate Spurs scoring against us, if anything it helped wake the team up. Nasri was one of our best players and Wilshere is getting better and better, but the Spurs midfield wern't bad either. Lets see how it looks at the end of the season, Spurs have a good side (which it pains me to say;).

but if the penalties hadnt happened, mathematically speaking arsenal still would have won?

Not really, if the penalty's hadn't have been given the game would have panned out differently.

Not really, if the penalty's hadn't have been given the game would have panned out differently.
good point. Still if Gibbs' goal had counted then arsenal would have won anyway. I dont know why CJ has his knickers in a twist

good point. Still if Gibbs' goal had counted then arsenal would have won anyway. I dont know why CJ has his knickers in a twist
no more so than you on occaison to be honest, considering you're still bitter over spurs beating from last season.

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

really good game for the neutral, arsenal were pretty dominant through, some delightful passing

Looking for positives, lol, Sandro looked very good :)

Better team on the night won -- we had a good second half, but the final score should have been the half-time score really, in all fairness. Wilshire looked great (puttting on my England hat :))

The first penalty was harsh though. After watching it several times I still can't see a clear touch to bring him down, but the way things were going it was only a matter of time before they scored.

Anyway, we're in the CL this year so we can official use the term, 'doesn't matter, it was only thte Carling Cup." lol.

On another note -- I really wish Joe would stop bemoaning whatever we apparently did to you last year. We didn't do anything, besides being better than you over the course of 38 games. If you didn't treat your players, staff and managers like dogcrap you might have done better? That's not our fault though.

I said this was going to happen yesterday. Just as well Im at work and missed it as I would be more ****** if I watched that disaster of a game.

Good to see **** Whinger aiming for a competition they might actually win.;)

In all fairness well played the goons. Its about time you had something to cheer about.

Slightly off-topic, but what's the point in banning managers from the sideline? Wenger was allowed in the dressing room before the match and at half-time and was also allowed to send messages to his bench (which came to light when he raised concerns that the signal wasn't that great inside the stadium.) I'm not moaning about this btw, I just don't see the point f it -- if Big Sam was given a six-match ban for instance it wouldn't have much bearing on what he does as he spends about an hour of his games in the stands anyway. Seems a completely pointless exercise to me.

Slightly off-topic, but what's the point in banning managers from the sideline? Wenger was allowed in the dressing room before the match and at half-time and was also allowed to send messages to his bench (which came to light when he raised concerns that the signal wasn't that great inside the stadium.) I'm not moaning about this btw, I just don't see the point f it -- if Big Sam was given a six-match ban for instance it wouldn't have much bearing on what he does as he spends about an hour of his games in the stands anyway. Seems a completely pointless exercise to me.

Agree fully, but it's just one of those things - a formality, not much else.

yer you have a good point, it wasen't really much of a punishment. Was different when Mourinho was getting punished by the FA and Uefa i think he got punished hugely yes sometimes rightly but sometimes wrongly.

I haven't watched all the match last night and I did well because I would get angry for nothing.
To be honest, Tottenham was dominated almost all the match by Arsenal and even I am a Spurs fan, I'd like to congratulate them for their playing style and for the quality of their game.
It wasn't our night, either because Arsenal team was led by an awesome youngster, Wilshere, either because we lacked ambition, or because our first 11 wasn't better than Arsenal's.
We got to concentrate now on the league.

Back