Resource icon

playgm StephenHK Tactics FM21 2021-09-12

I dont know how he has done this but for me this 442, v6 is insane! Clearly 442 tactics arent dead lol. I think this might be currently the best (non strikerless) tactic! Even better than the 4231 tactic which i thought was best .. wondering how you guys are faring with it!
I always used his 4-3-1-2 V2 but started a new game and i'm using his 4-2-3-1 V 1.5 which is doing really well, but you think the 4-4-2 V6 is better?

lol

Attachments

• Arsenal mod BATE_ Pressemedarbejders opsummering.png
    Arsenal mod BATE_ Pressemedarbejders opsummering.png
    9.5 MB · Views: 727
442 v6 seems very solid :)
Unbeaten in first part of the season, in any competition ! :) What a defense !

Capture d’écran (210).png

Capture d’écran (212).png

This 442 v6 also amazing in my testing. I think it's consistent enough for a new save from scratch. I'm a bit bored of strikerless formations.

This 442 v6 also amazing in my testing. I think it's consistent enough for a new save from scratch. I'm a bit bored of strikerless formations.

We need a dimartino tweak to make it on par with strikerless haha! Would you say it’s the best striker tactic? Better than the 4231 V2 he made for the 21.3 patch? Personally feel that 4231 V2 ranks slightly higher than the 442 v6... I see some people on the playgm.cn forum seem to agree with me as it being a bit more stable !

Last edited:
We need a dimartino tweak to make it on par with strikerless haha! Would you say it’s the best striker tactic? Better than the 4231 V2 he made for the 21.3 patch? Personally feel that 4231 V2 ranks slightly higher than the 442 v6... I see some people on the playgm.cn forum seem to agree with me as it being a bit more stable !

I did not test 4231 V2 for long, as the moment I don't see enough consisty, I stop. But I would say 442 v6 is better.

in general what kind of players would you recommend for the centre midfield pairing in the 442v6? all rounders both, or a more offensive type in the CM support role and more defenisve type in the BBM role ?

Hey guys,

Any thoughts on effective ways to just absolutely nullify an opponent's attacking threat when they're playing uber-defensive? Basically my rep is so high now that every team I play essentially has 9-10 players in their own half as soon as I get possession, even if it's just my defender on the ball well in my half.

I'm still scoring freely with the 442 V6 but occasionally the sole striker or one of the only two players to venture across the halfway line for my opponent goes on a tear and scores two or three goals with ridiculous mazy runs. Is it worth me using a player-specific instruction to tight mark or close down that player always? Would that undermine the tactic at all?

1616981649070.png

The number 15 in that pic above scored a hat-trick against me in a match I won 6-4. He basically destroyed my four defenders all on his own. Not quite sure what I was supposed to do considering whenever he got the ball he was massively outmanned but it didn't seem to matter.

Something has definitely gone haywire since I had to update my game to the latest patch... defensively I cannot keep a clean sheet to save my life... If you look here the Liverpool match was the first one with the latest update. I'm still dominating matches, my XG is regularly 4 or 5 to 1 for my opponent but they are basically scoring with every shot on target. It's driving me absolutely insane.

1616991530684.png

Something has definitely gone haywire since I had to update my game to the latest patch... defensively I cannot keep a clean sheet to save my life... If you look here the Liverpool match was the first one with the latest update. I'm still dominating matches, my XG is regularly 4 or 5 to 1 for my opponent but they are basically scoring with every shot on target. It's driving me absolutely insane.

View attachment 547451

To solve your defensive problems and the mazy runs of opponents strikers, you need pacy defenders !
Look at my screens above, i'm in 21.4 patch with 442 V6 and i've a very strong defense. Ibanez had 15 in pace, and Tuanzebe 17 in my defense squad. I think it helps a lot ;)