Steven Gerrard - Centre Midfielder?

• Thread starter Thread starter Eds
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 69
  • Views Views 5K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did he play when he scored two in England's last game?
Out of interest.​

You also got remember Gerrard is 30 and Schweinsteiger is 26, so it was easier for him to make the transition to centre mid also Benitez put gerrard in AMC for his attacking capabilities and and it has worked for him as seen in 2008-9 season.

But i think now that Coles at liverpool you can play gerrard as a CM ,however i think if gerrard need someone like Mascherano who can do his DM role very well alongside him to compensate but hes left i dont think Lucas is good enough so maybe Poulsen could do it.

But is depends on the player next to Gerrard if he is played as a centre mid.

Last edited:
its stupid that hes on the left, but i wouldnt play gerrard at centre mid for england ( or lampard for that matter, but thats a whole other kettle of fish)

he played there, but not very well. he plays there now not but not very well (relative to being an amc) that is the point i'm trying to make

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

is that why rafa converted him to attacking mid and left him there? this has all been said already mate

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

you just said he hardly plays there for england and then said he plays there a lot? the imtes he has played, its been a mixed performance

He's been playing on the left lately for England, but generally has played in the centre for England a fair bit.

amc my friend we had switched back to 4-2-3-1 from 4-4-2

Hmm,
Well I think that you will get his individual talent in the headlines while playing acm. eg. he will score more goals.
But I feel he will bring others into play, controll the midfield from cm, allowing others to grab the headlines.
If you have another player to controll midfield in cm then by all means play him acm.
However i don't think Liverpool have anyone else to do that job, thus he plays there.

He's been playing on the left lately for England, but generally has played in the centre for England a fair bit.
a long time ago.

anyway ive said what i needed to. gerrard can play there if he is willing to change certain parts of his play, and work really hard at it. but right now he isnt a central mid (at least particularly good there). im not talking about filling in and doing a job (which he can, gerrard do a job pretty much anywhere), but in being a real central midfielder, which requires a fundamental change in his mindest. if it happens then great for liverpool and even better for england

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

Hmm,
Well I think that you will get his individual talent in the headlines while playing acm. eg. he will score more goals.
But I feel he will bring others into play, controll the midfield from cm, allowing others to grab the headlines.
If you have another player to controll midfield in cm then by all means play him acm.
However i don't think Liverpool have anyone else to do that job, thus he plays there.
well merieles arrives on monday if his medical goes well, so we shall see how roy lines it up

Yeah, I think that's pretty much the end of the thread. Everyone's got there points across and if it carries on, it's just going to turn into pure disagreement.

Cheers madsheep, always a pleasure. ;)

Those of you saying Gerrard's best position is CM, are you blind?! As world class as he is an attacking midfielder just behind Torres he is a very average Central Midfielder.

His passing, both long and short, is hit and miss - He will hit 1 top ball out of about 10 and the commentators will remember that one, not the 9 he banged for a throw in. Also the man has no discipline whilst playing the central midfield role, he bombs forward and has to leave Lucas to play against 2/3 midfielders.

Dont get me wrong but Steven Gerrard = World Class AMC, distinctly average CM.

Those of you saying Gerrard's best position is CM, are you blind?! As world class as he is an attacking midfielder just behind Torres he is a very average Central Midfielder.

His passing, both long and short, is hit and miss - He will hit 1 top ball out of about 10 and the commentators will remember that one, not the 9 he banged for a throw in. Also the man has no discipline whilst playing the central midfield role, he bombs forward and has to leave Lucas to play against 2/3 midfielders.

Dont get me wrong but Steven Gerrard = World Class AMC, distinctly average CM.

Oh gawd, here we go again. Madsheep, please close this before I bite my tongue off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back