Steven Gerrard - into the world of management

We then came up against Houston at home ... another game we should really be winning.

View attachment 254839
View attachment 254838

Another defeat! Where's our form gone!!

We were much the better side but still nothing like as good as we were a few weeks ago.

Houston took the lead after 12 minutes, against the run of play. They then managed to hold out for a clean sheet to claim all 3 points.

The fact that we only had 3 shots on target, out of a possible 13, shows our finishing isn't quite up to speed yet.​

This is incredible! This story has single handedly inspired me to start writing again! Thank you for this!

This is incredible! This story has single handedly inspired me to start writing again! Thank you for this!

Wow! thanks mate! You should defo start writing, I'll follow if you do :)
Thanks for the support, makes the story worthwhile.

Very nice story mater :) Keep it up! Gerrard dreaming of a Liverpool return one day?

Very nice story mater :) Keep it up! Gerrard dreaming of a Liverpool return one day?

I guess thats the dream, but a **** of a long way to go yet. If he can have similar success as Carragher has in your story then he'll have done ****** well haha

Next up was Chicago away from home. Just before the game we received some injury news however,

View attachment 254735
Jose Villareal was ruled out of action for up to 6 weeks with fractured ribs. This is a real shame for Jose who's actually played pretty well since I've taken over.

This meant that Juninho was pushed further forward to play just behind the front two of Robbie Keane and Luke Moore.

We also went back to our 4-4-2 diamond formation from last season.

Lets see if that did the trick ...​

View attachment 254736View attachment 254734
Nope, sadly not!

Another defeat makes it 3 losses in a row.

Again, we were poor here. I didn't expect to dominate the game here as we tend not to when we play this diamond formation. The game tends to be more end to end but we were just Chicago chances left, right and center.​

Next up was a top of the table clash at home to Toronto. After our poor run we had let Toronto back into the title race in the Supporters Shield ...

View attachment 254726

Level on points now and Toronto have a game in hand. We really can't afford to lose this one.​

View attachment 254725View attachment 254724
A much better performance but still miles off how we were in the first few games of the season. Still, a point isn't a bad result here.

Luke Moore got us off to a good start with the first goal of the game coming after 40 minutes. Toronto, however equalised just 3 minutes later to make it 1-1 at the break.

Toronto then took the lead thanks to Josh Jepson's second of the game.

We then pulled one back to make it 2-2 after 70 minute thanks to center back, Omar Gonzlez. And that's how the game finished.

We remain top of the league as Portland also lost meaning we stay ahead of Toronto by just goal difference.​

After the Toronto game, we were handed some bad news:

View attachment 254723

First of all, Luke Moore was ruled out for 4 weeks with a twisted ankle. An injury which was sustained against Toronto.

This is a big blow, with Villareal injured as well it leaves us really short in the attacking department.​

However, that wasn't even the worse news of the week! Omar Gonzalez came to see me about this future at the club ...

View attachment 254718View attachment 254717View attachment 254716

He came to see me about leaving the club to join a side playing in a better division. To be honest, I can't really blame the lad as he's by far the defender at the club and one of the best in the league.

I tried to offer him anything he wanted but it looked as though his mind was already made up.

In the end I agreed to let him leave at the end of the season. With him I feel we can really challenge on all front this season, without him ... we'd really struggle.​

CHAT WITH BOARD TO DISCUSS OMAR GONZALEZ LEAVING CLUB

Director: Hi Steven, we have heard that Omar Gonzalez is planning on leaving the club. How are you planning on dealing with this?

Steven Gerrard: I've already had a chat with the player and persuaded him to give us until the end of the season. He's so important to us that we need him here.

Director: That's all well and good Steve but the lad's out of contract at the end of season.

Steven Gerrard: That's right.

Director: So you're happy for one of our best players to leave the club for NOTHING? He lad's probably worth a couple of million, even in his last year of contract

Steven Gerrard: I think it's worth Omar leaving for free if it means we can win the MLS cup. With him here I think we've got a great chance of winning it this season. Without him, we don't stand a chance. Please don't look to sell him now, it would destroy our season!

Director: Okay, we reluctantly agree. Winning the MLS cup is worth more than a couple of million dollars he'd bring the club.
Just make sure we don't regret this Steven.

Next up was another game we really should be winning, home game against Philadelphia ...

View attachment 254711View attachment 254710
2 more dropped points!

We're going to throw away the title at this rate!

We really didn't start well and Philadelphia capitalised on that by taking an early lead inside half an hour.

We then improved as the first half came to a close, Zardes netting just before half time to ensure we were level heading into the break.

In the second half, we were totally dominate and thoroughly deserved to win! We just couldn't find the final ball.

Right after this game, we heard the result of the US Cup 3rd round draw ...

View attachment 254706

This should be fairly straight forward.

I'm keen to retain this cup so any easy(ish) rounds are welcome.​

Do you find Juninho always seems to take unnecessary shots from long distance which are never on target?

I've just got him on loan on my Union Berlin story and he has been really frustrating in that respect so far. I've got him on shoot less often and trying to train him to stop taking so many long shots but it doesn't seem to be working so far XD

And now on to that 'easy' cup game. I really hope I haven't set myself up for a massive fall here by calling it easy haha!

View attachment 254702View attachment 254703

Well, I think that should become the new definition of 'easy'!

We got off to a great start and were 2-0 before the half hour mark thanks to goals from Zardes and Brad Evans.

I decided to play our strongest side as I'm keen to get some confidence back after hitting 5 games without a win before this one.​

We then found out our opposition for the 4th round ...

View attachment 254699

Minnesota United will be the next opponents after winning here today.

Another side in a lower division means we could quite easily make the Quarter finals.​

Do you find Juninho always seems to take unnecessary shots from long distance which are never on target?

I've just got him on loan on my Union Berlin story and he has been really frustrating in that respect so far. I've got him on shoot less often and trying to train him to stop taking so many long shots but it doesn't seem to be working so far XD

I haven't noticed it's a massive problem, although I do play him pretty deep with the 'shoot less' option. He's smashed a couple in already this season but shots from distance hardly ever go in. Juninho's one of my best players to be honest :)

The final game of the month saw us take on Chicago for the second time, this time at home. We really had to win this one, we can't go a whole month without winning a league game, surely!!

View attachment 254692View attachment 254691

There we have it! Back to winning ways!

That cup win obviously gave the lads some confidence.

We got off to a great start by scoring 2 early goals which put us 2-0 after just 10 minutes.

Chicago then came back into the game by pulling one back through ex premier league star, Shaun Maloney.

The game was then pretty even after this but some great defending led us to our first win of this month.​

As that brings an end to the month I thought i'd show you the updates table(s):

View attachment 254690
Unbelievably we still finish the month top of the Western Conference despite only winning 1 game!

Our lead has been shrunk hugely though since last month. We are now just 1 point clear of portland having both played the same amount of games.

We're approaching the half way stage now so to be top is a great achievement, just need to stay there now!​

We also find ourselves top of the Supporters Shield.

View attachment 254689

The Supporters Shield looks exactly the same as Portland are still our nearest challengers here. Toronto remain only 2 points behind with a game in hand.

All to play for now!​

At the end of the month i started scrolling through all the European league just out of interest and stumbled across this ...

View attachment 254686
Liverpool making it to the Champions League final by beating Athletico Madrid in the semi final.

Liverpool will face old rivals, Chelsea in the final after they beat Barcelona in the other semi final. Chelsea's win in the semi final was very impressive, a 4-1 win over Barcelona at the Nou Camp ensured a 1-0 home defeat was still enough to progress.

Maybe Gerrard left slightly too early!!

Although Liverpool are doing really well here, they're struggling in 5th place in the Premier League, although only 2 points behind Tottenham in 4th.​