Reaction score
STINGER

STRIKERLESS VERSION

Please notice that for this tactic at AMC position you need a regular striker (Deep Lying Forward type), you simple put him at AMC position and make him train AMC position until his competence level at AMC position reaches Accomplished/Natural level.

DOWNLOAD THE TACTIC---> TFF STINGER ( STRIKERLESS ) V1

Stinger_Strikerless_V1.png

Stinger_TIs.png

ASYMMETRIC 4-3-2-1 VERSION

DOWNLOAD THE TACTIC---> TFF STINGER ( ASYMMETRIC 4-3-2-1 ) V1

If your Inside Forward is left footed and your attacking full back is also left footed then use this mirror version of the tactic ---> TFF STINGER ( MIRROR - ASYMMETRIC 4-3-2-1 ) V1

Asymmetric_4-3-2-1_Formation.png

Asymmetric_4-4-1-1_TIs.png

ASYMMETRIC 4-4-1-1 VERSION

DOWNLOAD THE TACTIC---> TFF STINGER ( ASYMMETRIC 4-4-1-1 ) V1

If your Wide Mifielder is left footed and your attacking full back is also left footed then use this mirror version of the tactic ---> TFF STINGER ( MIRROR - ASYMMETRIC 4-4-1-1 ) V1

Asymmetric_4-4-1-1_Formation.png

Asymmetric_4-4-1-1_TIs.png

STRIKER VERSION

Please notice that this version is the weakest version, its efficiency is about 30% less than any other versions and I suggest using it only if like this formation very much.

DOWNLOAD THE TACTIC---> TFF STINGER ( STRIKER ) V2

Stinger_Striker_V2.png

Stinger_TIs.png

WASTE TIME TACTIC

Use this tactic when you need to protect your lead and "kill" the game. Please notice that this tactic doesn't give 100% guaranty that you don't concede it only greatly reduces the probability of it so if you start using this tactic too early, for example, when you've got a shaky lead by 1 goal then it might backfire and you might concede a fluke goal at the last minute and give away a win so you should use this tactic it wisely.

DOWNLOAD A WASTE TIME TACTIC ---> TFF WASTE TIME ( STINGER ) V2

OVERLOAD TACTIC

Use this tactic when you need to score at any cost and you have nothing to lose. When you use this tactic you put great pressure on your opponent at cost of the defense so you use it wisely.

DOWNLOAD OVERLOAD TACTIC FOR THE STRIKERLESS VERSION ---> TFF OVERLOAD ( STINGER - STRIKERLESS ) V1

DOWNLOAD OVERLOAD TACTIC FOR THE STRIKER VERSION ---> TFF OVERLOAD ( STINGER - STRIKER ) V2

DOWN TO 10 MEN VERSION

When you are down to 10 men then use this version and remove MR position

DOWNLOAD THE TACTIC---> TFF STINGER ( ONE MAN DOWN ) V1

one_man_down.png

INTRODUCTION:

Hi guys!

First of all, the Stinger tactics that can be found in this thread are less efficient than the Demolisher tactics but they also offer great overachieving with any team and can be used if you like to play using different than Demolisher approaches in cost of some efficiency.

I would rank the tactics in this order:

1st Place : Demolisher ( Strikerless )

2nd Place : Demolisher ( Striker )

3rd Place : Stinger ( Strikerless ) /// Stinger ( Assymetric 4-3-2-1 ) /// Stinger ( Assymetric 4-4-1-1 )

---------------------------------------

4th Place : Stinger ( Striker ) :: This is the weakest version, its efficiency is about 30% less than any other versions and I suggest using it only if like this formation very much.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

-- AML : Right Foot - Very Strong/Strong/Fairly Strong

-- AMR : Left Foot - Very Strong/Strong/Fairly Strong

-- DCR : Right Foot - Very Strong

-- DCL : Left Foot – Very Strong/Strong/Fairly Strong

-- MCR : Right Foot - Very Strong/Strong

-- MCL : Left Foot - Resonable/Fairly Strong/Strong/Very Strong

-- DR : Right Foot - Very Strong

-- AML/AMR/MCL/MCR positions should take the corners

-- if you got a player sent off then remove MCL or MCR

-- DR positions are a very important positions in the tactic, they contribute greatly to the attack and the defense so due that they get tired greatly during matches, I strongly suggest using a substitution(around 68-70 minutes) for this position in order to always have fresh players at these positions. Also, it's important to have fresh players at this position because when the "Conditions" of players at these positions drop to "67%" or less during matches then this player stop running at all and stop go back to the defense after attacks so your defense starts greatly suffer.

YELLOW AND RED CARDS

Guys, I see that in FM17 players get a huge amount of yellow cards it's even more than it was in FM16 so be very careful with that because all positions in the tactic have "Tackle Harder" PI and if you see that some of your players is booked during the match then go to his instruction and add "Easy Off Tackles" PI instead of "Tackle Harder" PI otherwise you are at great risk to get a man sent off.

OPPOSITION INSTRUCTIONS:

DON'T USE ANY OIS AND DON'T LET YOUR ASSISTANT MANAGER TO SET ANY OIS FOR YOU

TRANING AND MATCH PREPARATION:

1)Put the tactic into all 3 tactic slots because it makes the tactic familiarity grows much faster.

2) During the pre-season set MATCH PREPARATION(Main Focus) - "Match Tactics" set the training as it's shown at the screenshot below.

Match_Tac_Training.png

3) During the pre-season play no less than 6-7 friendly matches, I recommend arranging friendly matches vs much weaker opponents in order to get guaranty easy wins and have "Superb" morale for the begging of the season.

4) When the tactic familiarity reaches about 90% then change MATCH PREPARATION(Main Focus) to "Att. Movement" and set the training as it's shown at the screenshot below.

Att_Mov_Training.png

Individual Training Focus:

STC : Individual Training Focus = "Deep Lying Forward"

AMC : Individual Training Focus = "Trequartista"

AML/AMR : Individual Training Focus = "Inside Forward"

MCL/MCR : Individual Training Focus = "Deep Lying Playmaker"

MC : Individual Training Focus = "Ball Winning Midfielder";

CDL/CDR : Individual Training Focus = "Ball Playing Defender" Training Focus

DL/DR : Individual Training Focus = "Complete Wing Back";

GK : Individual Training Focus = "Goalkeeper"

PREFERED MOVES:

GOOD AND BAD PPMs FOR THE POSITIONS:
(Please notice that some PPMs are good for one position and bad for other position so if you are planning to use some players on few positions then don't train them the PPMs which can be "Bad")

DEEP LYING FORWARD
GOOD - "Plays One-Twos", "Moves Into Channels"
BAD - "Static Target Man", "Runs With Ball Rarely"

ATTACKING MIDFIELDER ( ATTACK )
GOOD - ""Gets Forward Whenever Possible",
"Plays One-Twos"

BAD - "Comes Deep To Get Ball", "Stays Back At All Times", "Plays No Through Balls", "Runs With Ball Rarely"

INSIDE FORWARDS
GOOD - "Plays One-Twos"
BAD - "Stays Back At All Times", "Plays No Through Balls", "Runs With Ball Rarely"

CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS ( ATTACK )
GOOD - ""Gets Forward Whenever Possible",
"Plays One-Twos"

BAD - "Comes Deep To Get Ball", "Stays Back At All Times", "Plays No Through Balls", "Runs With Ball Rarely"

CENTRAL MIDFIELDER ( DEFEND )
GOOD - "---"
BAD - "Stays Back At All Times", "Plays No Through Balls", "Runs With Ball Rarely"

RIGHT FULL BACK ( ATTACK )
GOOD - "Plays One-Twos"

FILTERS

DOWNLOAD FILTERS -->TFF FILTERS STINGER V1

First of all, if you are going to use the filters then you should turn OFF the "Attributes Masking" setting when you start a new save otherwise the filters will be useless.

Also, you need to understand that when starting a new save the more nations you load and the larger database you set, the more players appear in the filters.

Here's a screenshot with an information how you can turn it OFF when you start a new:
atrm.png

In the game, the more scouting knowledge you have, the more players appear in the filters. I recommend having 100% scouting knowledge for these major football nations: Spain, Portugal, England, Italy, Germany, France, Holland, Brazil, Greece, Russia, Ukraine, Turkey.

In order to have 100% scouting knowledge of these nations you can buy scout that have nationality of these nations because it gives 100% scouting knowledge that doesn't decline overtime or you can send your scouts to scout these nations.

Your scouting knowledge should look like this:

SC11.jpg

Please notice that the default settings of the filters are very tough and it's supposed to show the best 10-15 players in the world for the positions in the tactic and only the top clubs from the major European football nation can afford such players and it's obvious if you manage a small club then you can't afford to have such player and you need to "easy" the matching condition one by one until you find someone that you can afford to buy. It might look like this:

MC11.jpg

You need to be very careful when you "easy the matching conditions" because some important attributes might be missed by much and you always should know what attributes are missed and by what amount.

Also, it's very important to understand that if you bought a player using the filters then it doesn't mean that now you have the best possible player for the position and you shouldn't look for any better player for this position, the filters might show very different quality players and some players might be much better than other player even the filters show them all, the filters just show players that have their CA(points) allocated in optimal way for the position and that’s all but some players might have much more point to allocate than other players and of course if one player has much more points to spend on the important attributes for the position then he’ll be more efficient than the other player that has much less points to spend on the on the important attributes for the position.

Last edited:
thx for ur share and for ur time to making/improving tactics for us ! keep going !

hey tff, mate what training do u use for the AMC position? is that the as demolisher? thanks pal

Nice.. a tactic with wingers, I will use it now with Arsenal the striker version.

How to training AMC for strikers? I'm putting STC for AMC and training Deep Lying Forward, thats right?

How to training AMC for strikers? I'm putting STC for AMC and training Deep Lying Forward, thats right?

Your question doesn't make sense to me

If you use the strikerless version and you want to train your striker to play AMC position then train him AMC - "Trequartista"

oh my a 4 3 3 tactic with striker and wingers ??? man you make me crazy again (H) so hype

Think I speak for everyone on the FMBase community when I say a massive thank you to TFF for producing top quality tactics again and again for us all to enjoy!

Keep up up the good work mate I know I can't wait to try this!

expected something better :/ In striker tactic 4 backline

Mate, I'm not sure what you mean but if you complain about the efficiency of Stinger ( Striker Version ) tactic then I can say that it's the best what you can get from 4-3-3 formation in FM17.

As I stated at the OP it's about 30-40% less efficient than Stinger ( Strikerless Version ) or Demolisher tactics but it still offers decent overachieving with any team and that's why I shared it.

There's also some trick how to further improve the efficiency of Stinger ( Striker Version ) but I will post it only if I see that there's very massive demand for it from FM community because it requires a lot of writing and explanation to do.

Wow, thanks !!! Still 2 hours more in office and can't wait to try it.

Have high hopes that the IFs (with tight marking) will be helpful in combating the crazy crosses from opposition wingbacks (since that is the only way my team's been conceding lately using Demolisher).

One question please since I can't see PIs yet.

If I have more attackingly effective fullback on left-side i.e. if I want to create a mirrored version, are the right and left FB positions only ones that I need to swap, or same goes for IFs, and CM(A) as well?

Thanks in advance!

One question please since I can't see PIs yet.

If I have more attackingly effective fullback on left-side i.e. if I want to create a mirrored version, are the right and left FB positions only ones that I need to swap, or same goes for IFs, and CM(A) as well?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, swapping Full Backs is the only what requires to create a mirror version.

Wow, thanks !!! Still 2 hours more in office and can't wait to try it.

Have high hopes that the IFs (with tight marking) will be helpful in combating the crazy crosses from opposition wingbacks (since that is the only way my team's been conceding lately using Demolisher).

You can’t prevent oppositions Wing Backs from making crosses, it’s an impossible task, it’s like trying to prevent oppositions players from making passes, all that can’t be achieved, opposition players always will do passes and oppositions Wing Back always will do crosses and you can’t do nothing about that but you can make it harder for opposition to score from crosses by putting more your players inside your Box when defending but doing so inevitable will affect the attacking potential of your tactic and the cumulative effect of that might be negative.

By alone the statistic how much you concede and the way you concede is complete irrelevant statistic for determining the efficiency of the tactic it should be looked in tandem with the statistic how much you score. You need to understand that you always will be concede with any tactic unless there’s some game breaking cheats and the fact that you concede goals is only an issue when the amount you concede is higher than the amount you score.

For example, with one of your tactic you concede 5 goals per match and the same time you score 10 goals per match and as result you’ll be winning everything with it and with other your tactic you concede only 1 goal per match but you score not more than 1 goal per match and with this tactic you won’t win anything even that you concede with it 5 times less than with the first tactic.

Last edited: