Stoke City Football Club: 150 Years of History and a New Era begins

I'm playing with Liverpool mate. They seem to have a nice squad to play with this, alongside with some nice youth players. Lost the first game 2-1, with 2 through balls behind my defense, to Everton. But I was using another tactic, a possession based approach, for the majority of the game.

2nd match, and I won 2-0 at Hull, with this tactic. Although this seems a possession approach, it's quite direct sometimes and the football is quite nice to see. Let's see if this form continues. I'm a bit concerned with my defense, specially the CB's, but I hope I can improve this, with training and natural development.
I'm trying to develop my youngsters too and give them as many minutes as I can. Lucas, Sterling, Agger and Suarez were all unavailable for this match and I give match time to Lloyd Jones, Alex Canos and Will Hughes.

The idea is similar to your story but trying to do that in a more slow way.

Interesting story, im a big fan of the all english approach but never seems to go as well as it has for you gj. The development of the youth players seems really good.

I'm playing with Liverpool mate. They seem to have a nice squad to play with this, alongside with some nice youth players. Lost the first game 2-1, with 2 through balls behind my defense, to Everton. But I was using another tactic, a possession based approach, for the majority of the game.

2nd match, and I won 2-0 at Hull, with this tactic. Although this seems a possession approach, it's quite direct sometimes and the football is quite nice to see. Let's see if this form continues. I'm a bit concerned with my defense, specially the CB's, but I hope I can improve this, with training and natural development.
I'm trying to develop my youngsters too and give them as many minutes as I can. Lucas, Sterling, Agger and Suarez were all unavailable for this match and I give match time to Lloyd Jones, Alex Canos and Will Hughes.

The idea is similar to your story but trying to do that in a more slow way.

Nice, don't forget Rossiter and Jerome Sinclair, both have great potential!

Season 2015/16 Update
View attachment 435605

Transfers
In January there was only one player out and one player in (plus the agreed deal for Clive Cross from Houston). But the outgoing transfer was a big one. Will Hughes has left Stoke in order to join Man City for a straight up 50m transfer, breaking the club and English player record sale. As a direct replacement, Jordan Rossiter comes in from Liverpool for a deal that could be worth up to 21.5m. Rossiter has a lot of potential and could become as good if not better than Hughes and at just 18 can also become HG at the club

Domestic Cups
View attachment 435599
We gave a very poor showing in the League Cup this year, but we had our best run in the FA Cup yet narrowly missing out getting to the final through a late Man Utd goal. Throughout my time at Stoke the domestic cups have been used mostly to give prospects opportunities to shine. This year Russell Russell, a product of the clubs own academy, was the starlet and got some Premier League action as a reward.

Premier League
View attachment 435611

View attachment 435610

View attachment 435598

We were able to continue our fine form in the league in order to retain our title.It was not without its twists and turns though. Going into the last game we were on 82 points and Chelsea were on 80. We needed a win otherwise we could lose our top spot and we made real hard work of it, top scorer Oxlade-Chamberlain got the winner in thr 88th minutes against a Burnley team we should have put to bed early. Fortunately for us, Chelsea could only manage a 2-2 draw with Southampton. Each year our points tally has increased significantly and this is something we want to build on for next season.

Champions League
View attachment 435613View attachment 435596

View attachment 435612
Not only did we retain the league, but we had a glorious run in Europe and we became European Champions!!! The biggest testament goes to our defence, who over 13 games managed to keep 10 clean sheets, including no goals conceded in the semi or final. We are now proving ourselves amongst Europe's elite and our development system is working wonders for both us and the national team.

Youth Intake
View attachment 435616
View attachment 435606View attachment 435607View attachment 435609View attachment 435608

A reasonable intake, three players look like they could become Premier League players in the future.My pick is Steven Griffiths despite with 2.5* potential rating. I reckon he could become better than this. The general intake across the country looked very poor, so I headed to Scotland to pick up a good looking prospect - Ally O'Neil from Rangers.

Best 11
View attachment 435615
View attachment 435614

We've had a real spread out of goals this year 6 players reaching double figures. Though our constant rotation of strikers has meant none really went on to score bucket loads. Jay Rodriguez started as First choice but left me wanting more. Harry Kane had a poor start to the season also which left a space open for Jared Goode who had been on top form in youth football. He scored some good goals and assisted a fair amount but was, as expected, inconsistent. Kane decided that the second half of the season was his time to shine, hitting form and scoring important goals. He went from leaving me wondering why I signed him, to being named the 2nd best signing of the Premier League. Quite a turnaround! The top performers were once again Shawcross our colossal centre back and this year the Ox lived up to his hype and ended as our top scorer and top assister, picking up the Premier League Player of the Season award. Stoke Supporters named Shawcross as their pick for player of the season, contributing even further to his legendary status at the club.

Just finished reading through this thread and wow. Well done mate.

how consistently used was the tactic you have uploaded In the last page? No tweaks to it once it was fluid? What was your approach to training with it?

With those results with Stoke I really urge you to release a thread with it in.

Hi mate, could you tell me where I can take regen's facepack used in your story about Stoke City?