Stoke City Vs Arsenal (Sunday)

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 163
  • Views Views 9K

Who Will Win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Samba could vastly improve our defence, did you see him v West Ham? abosolute rock, just what we need

WALTERSWALTERSWALTERSWALTERSWALTERSWALTERSWALTERSWALTERSWALTERSWALTERS

I LOVE YOU WALTERS!!!!!!!!!! :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

I WANT YOU INSIDE OF ME.

told you he would score.

Re: The Wilshere tackle vs Evans by the way: Evans manages to break Holden's leg because he's high; Wilshere doesn't catch Pennant fully - he gets the ball and goes through him from what I saw.

Yellow card for me.. More similar to his challenge on Zigic earlier in the season, but again - not as bad for me.

As RTW said.. referee has been superb today. Controlled the game well, and allowed physicality but not let it go over the top.

Samba could vastly improve our defence, did you see him v West Ham? abosolute rock, just what we need

Pundits and fans like to suggest signings for Wenger to remedy this problem, with Christopher Samba and Gary Cahill both names that come up often in such debates. However, are the likes of Samba and Cahill really better than what Arsenal currently have? Cahill is young, which is a plus, and he can play the ball out from the back well, another major plus. On the other hand, he is English (therefore pushing up his price considerably) and his defending is suspect. Samba is the other extreme: powerful and an excellent defender, but also lacking agility and technique. The likes of Johan Djourou, Laurent Koscielny and Thomas Vermaelen on the other hand blend their defensive skill with the attacking nous and the passing ability that makes Arsenal so renowned.

Just no. Immobile, bad passer, uncomfortable with a high defensive line.

WALTERSWALTERSWALTERSWALTERSWALTERSWALTERSWALTERSWALTERSWALTERSWALTERS

I LOVE YOU WALTERS!!!!!!!!!! :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

I WANT YOU INSIDE OF ME.

told you he would score.

? Obsessed Much lol

Samba makes mistakes, too...

Jones has been stronger, but it's mainly just that a) Djourou has lost concentration too often and has been generally poor, unlike him and b) Our two CBs have been completely isolated. Staying close to each other, but the full-backs are too wide and high so their 4-4-2 easily matched us.

Man of the Match is Mark Halsey, definitely.

I've changed my mind once again - we desperately need a commanding, no nonsense, ruthless centre half next season alongside Vermaelen. Just makes me depressed being an Arsenal fan February - May.

As RTW said.. referee has been superb today. Controlled the game well, and allowed physicality but not let it go over the top.

Got the ball, yes, but miss it and it's an ankle/leg breaker. Tackles with studs showing, at pace, must be eradicated.

Man of the Match is Mark Halsey, definitely.

I've changed my mind once again - we desperately need a commanding, no nonsense, ruthless centre half next season alongside Vermaelen. Just makes me depressed being an Arsenal fan February - May.

The referee has been fine today

Re: The Wilshere tackle vs Evans by the way: Evans manages to break Holden's leg because he's high; Wilshere doesn't catch Pennant fully - he gets the ball and goes through him from what I saw.

Yellow card for me.. More similar to his challenge on Zigic earlier in the season, but again - not as bad for me.

evans didnt break holden's leg.

Samba makes mistakes, too...

Jones has been stronger, but it's mainly just that a) Djourou has lost concentration too often and has been generally poor, unlike him and b) Our two CBs have been completely isolated. Staying close to each other, but the full-backs are too wide and high so their 4-4-2 easily matched us.

Dont Care i still want Arsene to buy him he's a rock solid CB we only have TV5 thats like that

Begovic has been great today, still improving which is good to see. Despite not liking Stoke even more now, I just hope they beat Man City next weekend.

4 games, and you ****** it up!!
4 games, and you ****** it up!!
4 games.....

Last edited:
Back