Stonecold & Klippybo's Ultimate Champions League Challenge

Was just thinking maybe a prize for doing it in 40 seasons too, like 50pts or something? that still gives you less than 2 years at every club :)

Was just thinking maybe a prize for doing it in 40 seasons too, like 50pts or something? that still gives you less than 2 years at every club :)

I Like this and i will add that now!, you'll like my next post even more Triv!

----Table Updated----

We have a new leader in Triv, Who's scoring may be slowed down now he's with Forrest but on the other hand he could get another 50 points very soon!
Only 1 point for myself and nothing for Klippybo while JordanLFC2005 and Helliamanewlow both added a European title in the chase to keep up with Triv

Going give this a go, was gonna do the pentagon challenge but this looks more my sort of thing.
Started with Ajax so hopefully this goes well!

Last edited:
Just thought I would supply an update on how this is going so far for me. I'm quite a slow player so have only managed one season so far.

I decided to start off with the most difficult team. My decision was mainly based on me starting this challenge a few weeks behind others so I'm trying to gather the most points I can. I also feel that if I can do it with forest the rest of the teams will be a a walk in the park.

My first season went well, the main ambition was to gain promotion. I achieved this via the playoffs.

My second season is going to be the hardest challenge yet, I have a very limited squad with a tiny transfer budget - my wage budget is actually lower than it was in the championship. I feel this could be a daunting season and fear the worst!

View attachment 306925

View attachment 306927

Season 2020/21 - Nottingham Forest

Preparing for life in the prem we brought in a 26 yr old Brazilian MC and a Portuguese international CB. The season got off to a great start winning 4 of the first 6 games. The fans were in for an exciting season as we were free scoring going forward but awful at the back. Taking the prem by storm wasn't to last as we had a few sticky patches but a 5-3 home win against Spurs was the highlight of the season on the way to 9th come May. We were rarely outside the top ten all season, never in danger of relegation. In the cups we reached the qtrs of capital one and FA cup 4th round. Spurs won the prem, for the 4th straight season, on goal difference from Man Utd. First trophyless season of my career :'(
View attachment 307001View attachment 307002View attachment 307003View attachment 307004

OM and PSG took their titanic domestic battle into Europe as OM won the champions league for the 3rd straight season, beating PSG 2-1 in the final. The French teams are starting to dominate Europe!

Next season i will be delighted to be in the top ten again, we have overachieved finishing 9th and need to beware second season syndrome.

Career:

Barcelona - 2012-13
1 Spanish Super Cup, 1 Spanish Cup, 1 Spanish Title, 1 Champions League
Winning with Barcelona: 5pts
100% record in first champions league season: 20pts
100% record in any champions league season: 10pts
Winning the champions league unbeaten: 5pts

FC Bayern - 2013-14
1 German Title, 1 Champions League
Winning with Bayern:5pts

Inter Milan -2014-16
1 Europa League, 1 European Super Cup, 1 Italian Title, 1 Champions League
Winning with Inter: 10pts

Marseille - 2016-19
1 French Cup, 2 French Super Cup, 1 French League Cup, 1 French Title, 1 Champions League
Winning with Marseille: 20pts
Winning 4th CL title: 10pts

Nottingham Forest - 2019-
1 Playoff Trophy

UPDATE:

Quick update on Inter's season so far.

Just finished the January transfer window was looking for loans and cheap players to add depth to the squad, had to sell some players to get some money for the wage/transfer budget. I did sign a decent amount of players that will be joining at the end of the year (to add to the players I've signed that will join in a year or 2) so should still be a decent team even if I have to rely on loans to add to the squad for a couple of years.

Value of the club is £77M with a loan debt of £244M. So there won't be any big signings in the near future.

Currently 3rd in Serie A, behind Juve and AC Milan.

season 2021/22 Nottingham Forest

We had an idea to not spend any of the 29m transfer budget in the summer because, theoretically we were the 9th best team in the league so shouldn't get relegated with the current squad. We could always strengthen in January if we were in a relegation battle. We started badly and lingered in the bottom half but come January we were sitting 9th - we felt no investment was required (save the money for next season on top of next seasons budget was my thinking) following the closure of the transfer window we dropped like flies, winning just 1 league game for the rest of the season! We came dangerously close to relegation, finishing 17th. My job is stable, probably due to my previous success, so i guess not spending the money has paid off, as long as we get a huge budget next season. Bring in some new faces and push on.
View attachment 307142View attachment 307143View attachment 307144View attachment 307145

Career:

Barcelona - 2012-13

FC Bayern - 2013-14

Inter Milan -2014-16

Marseille - 2016-19
1 French Cup, 2 French Super Cup, 1 French League Cup, 1 French Title, 1 Champions League

1 Playoff Trophy

Yes!! 2 seasons, 2 trophies!!!

View attachment 307168View attachment 307169

Finished 2nd. Took over in Jan., when Barca were 7th, so to finsih 2nd is pretty good.
I did the double however, with the Copa del Rey and the Champions League.

Another 5 points, but there are no jobs available....for now.

We had an idea to not spend any of the 29m transfer budget in the summer because, theoretically we were the 9th best team in the league so shouldn't get relegated with the current squad. We could always strengthen in January if we were in a relegation battle. We started badly and lingered in the bottom half but come January we were sitting 9th - we felt no investment was required (save the money for next season on top of next seasons budget was my thinking) following the closure of the transfer window we dropped like flies, winning just 1 league game for the rest of the season! We came dangerously close to relegation, finishing 17th. My job is stable, probably due to my previous success, so i guess not spending the money has paid off, as long as we get a huge budget next season. Bring in some new faces and push on.
View attachment 307142View attachment 307143View attachment 307144View attachment 307145

Career:

Barcelona - 2012-13

FC Bayern - 2013-14

Inter Milan -2014-16

Marseille - 2016-19

1 Playoff Trophy

at least u kept them up hope u cand have gd season

UPDATE:

Currently 4th.

Just had a takeover at Inter, don't know if there will be any investment but it shouldn't make too much of a difference as if I can get CL football I think would have got a decent amount of money anyway (or enough to sustain the club).

Kind of annoying though, as I had already reduced the wage bill and replaced senior players.

UPDATE: Finished the season in 3rd

Last edited:
at least u kept them up hope u cand have gd season
Yeah 9th and 17th 2 seasons in prem is better than relegation. Not spending any money second season should give me a bumper transfer budget for next season - we will need to finish in the top ten to show progress is being made. Gonna be here for some time.

BOOM.... another 5 points
View attachment 307316

If you want to see how I did in other comps:
View attachment 307317View attachment 307318

Just waiting for another job which should arrive around November/December (I hope)

Career:

Barcelona - 2012-13

FC Bayern - 2013-14
1 German Title, 1 German Cup 1 Champions League

Of course I didn't copy and paste Triv's post...