Finishing

Hi, i'm pretty much a fm newbie but i feel im doing ok atm. One thing that i cant seem to get right is converting chances. I create lots of chances and in good positions, but regardless of who is shooting it mostly seems to go wide or straight at the keeper. What can i do to improve the finishing of my forwards?

Hi, i'm pretty much a fm newbie but i feel im doing ok atm. One thing that i cant seem to get right is converting chances. I create lots of chances and in good positions, but regardless of who is shooting it mostly seems to go wide or straight at the keeper. What can i do to improve the finishing of my forwards?
That's a very open question and anything could be an issue. Best to start a proper thread.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...tics/350220-looking-tactical-help-advice.html

Just want clarification will the work ball into the box instruction make my team more likely to try to walk the ball into the net?

Just want clarification will the work ball into the box instruction make my team more likely to try to walk the ball into the net?
It reduces long shots and crosses, so that the team works the ball into the box more.

ok stupid question... I know the note attached to low crosses suggests it is aimed for quick small strikers, will the smae be effective for a striker who has good anticipation and off the ball, but not so hot on jumping reach, whilst still being a decent header?

If not any reasoning is welcome ( I am always looking to learn)
also any suggestions for a crossing bias... I am only trying to improve my crossing effectiveness as the rest of my tactic is pretty solid

It's a low cross, so Jumping Reach is obviously not needed here. If it's high enough to head, then Heading will come into play, yes. The goals scored from these range from tap-ins to volleys to standing headers.

It's a bad idea to send these into packed areas though. The first defender will be able to just easily clear the ball.

ok cheers, think I will try it with mixed and watch to see how that goes and see if I can develop from there.. As ever the advice was gratefully recieved

If I have both full backs, both wide midfielders and both central midfielders on auto mentality in an attacking/very fluid 4-4-2 setup, in my head that`s all players on attack duty.. but what happens if I change team mentality to control? are these players still on attack duty?

Data Editor question - If you're creating a person in the editor and set their stats to be '0', will it automatically assign a random value to that stat depending on their CA when launching a game?

I think it does but would like confirmation.

Data Editor question - If you're creating a person in the editor and set their stats to be '0', will it automatically assign a random value to that stat depending on their CA when launching a game?

I think it does but would like confirmation.

yes buddy :)

Was thinking of trying to do a 4-3-3 (4-1-2-3 DM) where on the ball they move closer to a 4-4-2 Narrow Diamond. The front three I was thinking of would be AP(s) on the left, F9 up top, Raum on the right. Reason being that I wanted to mimic the roles of having an AP in the hole behind a typical creator-finisher partnership up top. I know the positional map won't fit it exactly as a 4-4-2, but does the front three work with what I want to do?

Was thinking of trying to do a 4-3-3 (4-1-2-3 DM) where on the ball they move closer to a 4-4-2 Narrow Diamond. The front three I was thinking of would be AP(s) on the left, F9 up top, Raum on the right. Reason being that I wanted to mimic the roles of having an AP in the hole behind a typical creator-finisher partnership up top. I know the positional map won't fit it exactly as a 4-4-2, but does the front three work with what I want to do?

I think you'd get it to look more like you want if you used a DLF-S or F9 up top and then had wide roles like two IF-A or something. Or, alternatively, you could play a true forward up front and have a wide player come inside either as an IF-S or an AP-S and have the other wide player in a role like IF-A, where he'd act almost as a support striker; that'd give you a kinda lopsided diamond.

Guys, does anyone know where I can get list of the name of player agents inside the game?
AFAIK, I usually find the name of AN AGENT on player INFORMATION.

But what if I want to know a lot of player agents then see what player they could offer?

Guys, does anyone know where I can get list of the name of player agents inside the game?
AFAIK, I usually find the name of AN AGENT on player INFORMATION.

But what if I want to know a lot of player agents then see what player they could offer?
This has nothing to do with the tactical side of the game.

Role and duty rating / suitability

How important is the role and duty rating / suitability? How is it calculated?

I've found a player which should be really good as a complete wing back but his CWB role and duty rating is bad. How does it come?

Don't pay too much attention to it. Rather go by attributes.

It's opinion of the Assistant and it's an average of the key attributes. Position familiarity also plays a part.