Summer Transfers Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Kris
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 101
  • Views Views 15K
Liverpool Football Club has today released the following statement.

"Despite repeated media speculation on the futures of Xabi Alonso and Javier Mascherano, Liverpool has received no official approach or offer from any club regarding the players.

"Neither is for sale and furthermore Liverpool has no interest in the long list of Spanish based players being linked with a move to Anfield as part of any deal."

:wub:

Fulham could get Man City striker Jo on loan.

Chelsea also bid 18 million for Johnson.
(Full story: The Sun)

Arsenal are preparing a 4million bid for Feyenoords 16 year old striker Luc Castaignos

Klaas Jan Hunteelar could move to Arsenal for 16-19 million.

Inter want to sign Chelsea duo Carvalho and Deco
2784686669-soccer-barclays-premier-league-liverpool-v-chelsea-anfield.jpg

Tottenham Hotspur tries to land Italian Striker, Luca Tony (Spurs official website).
Also, Redknapp wants to snap Real Madrid Dutch Winger, Robben and the Striker Ruud Van Nistelrooy (Daily Mirror).
Aston Villa Winger, Ashley Young could be on his way to White Hart Lane for 20M.

David Villa agreed to join Real Madrid at the end of Confederations Cup.
The next target seems to be David Silva.
Albert Riera could leave Liverpool and move to Tottenham or Atletico Madrid this summer.
After the last week it was rumored that Huntelaar will possible join Arsenal, some sources announce that Tottenham's Redknapp will launch a bid for the Dutch Striker.
Darijo Srna is closer to a transfer to Tottenham Hotspur, after he told that he may leave Shakthar.
Gokhan Inler gain Spurs' interest this week, after Jenas will leave the club.
Sunderland have to spend 6M to sign Spurs Striker, Darren Bent.

It's odd no one has referenced Aly Cissokho's 15M € move to AC Milan :S
And Bolton might pay 15M € for Miguel Veloso.

It's odd no one has referenced Aly Cissokho's 15M € move to AC Milan :S
And Bolton might pay 15M € for Miguel Veloso.

I read about Cissokho in a local paper.
LoL at Bolton, they don't have enough money to buy him.

18.5 million for Johnson is apparantly Liverpool's first summer signing. 7 million of that is from the Crouch sale which Portsmouth still owe, even so it's a ludicrous amount for Glenn Johnson. I can see why Rafa wants him, but my word, he'd better have stopped going to sleep on the ball.

Duh, I can't understand how stupid are Man City...
Real Madrid has put Sneijder, van der Vaart, Huntelaar, van Nistelrooy on transfer list and they can't interest to buy at least one of them? What a stupid management!
And they are saying that they want to build a CL team... They don't know anything about the players they need.

Duh, I can't understand how stupid are Man City...
Real Madrid has put Sneijder, van der Vaart, Huntelaar, van Nistelrooy on transfer list and they can't interest to buy at least one of them? What a stupid management!
And they are saying that they want to build a CL team... They don't know anything about the players they need.

How do you know they're not interested?
Maybe Hughes/Cook are keeping it quiet after the Kaka bollocks...
Did you honestly hear much about us being after Gareth Barry before he signed?
We have actually been linked with Robben in the past few days but I'm not so keen... Sneijder and VDV are both good players, but play arguably the same position, which we don't really need when we've got Robinho, Ireland, SWP, Petrov... although I wouldn't say no to Sneijder!

Huntelaar would be a good buy though... much better than Santa Cruz who it seems will be wearing City colours before the week is out.

Huntelaar would be a good buy though... much better than Santa Cruz who it seems will be wearing City colours before the week is out.

To be honest i watched some of real's games and huntelaar seemed to struggle to keep up to pace :/ yes hes young and learning but city need players that can play straight away and have experience in the premier league

To be honest i watched some of real's games and huntelaar seemed to struggle to keep up to pace :/ yes hes young and learning but city need players that can play straight away and have experience in the premier league

True!
It's quite a head-scratcher though, because I can't see anybody that fit's that, in the market (I don't class RSC as having the required exp. because of his injuries).
The only player I can think of really is Henry...Maybe Forlan at a push but he wasn't great in the Prem, even though he is arguably one of the world's best atm.

Personally, I don't think that this Dzeko is the answer for anybody just yet. Strikes me a little bit of a one year wonder....
I'm going through all my football knowledge to try and find somebody suitable and its **** hard! lol
Good luck Hughesy! Thats why he's in a job and I'm not! haha

True!
It's quite a head-scratcher though, because I can't see anybody that fit's that, in the market (I don't class RSC as having the required exp. because of his injuries).
The only player I can think of really is Henry...Maybe Forlan at a push but he wasn't great in the Prem, even though he is arguably one of the world's best atm.

Personally, I don't think that this Dzeko is the answer for anybody just yet. Strikes me a little bit of a one year wonder....
I'm going through all my football knowledge to try and find somebody suitable and its **** hard! lol
Good luck Hughesy! Thats why he's in a job and I'm not! haha

i heard that you was going for cardozo ??? he would be a good target man for city

thinking about it im finding it hard to but city need 2 strikers 1 midfielder and a left back

1) Sneijder plays on CM and VDV on AMC, so it is not the same position.
2)Sneijder will be good in CM with Barry, they will make a strong midfield.
3)Really, do you think that Huntelaar ain't pretty good for Man City than Santa Cruz or Cardozo?

I would absolutely love to see Manchester City beating Arsenal and gaining 4th place.

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

Today's most important Transfer Rumours:

West Ham have landed Inter Milan's Mancini and Luis Jimenez on season-long loans and will have first refusal on signing the winger and forward next summer.

Manchester City are close to capturing striker Roque Santa Cruz from Blackburn in a deal worth £15m, plus more depending on the success of the Paraguyan.
<!-- S ILIN -->
Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy may help Real Madrid recoup some of their extravagant summer spending by thrashing out a £37m deal to sign winger Arjen Robben, striker Klass-Jan Huntelaar and defender Gabriel Heinze.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger will step up his attempts to sign Fiorentina midfielder Felipe Melo with a £15m bid.

Fulham are keen on some Brazilian flair as they want to bring Manchester City striker Jo to Craven Cottage for £8m.

Middlesbrough managing director Keith Lamb says it "wouldn't be the easiest of negotiations from their (Spurs') point of view" but he would take Tottenham's call if they wanted to sign winger Stewart Downing.

Premier League new boys Birmingham have agreed a deal to sign defender Roger Johnson from Cardiff and are also interested in Tottenham midfielder Didier Zokora.

Chelsea are confusing me atm
we are linked with Zhirkov,Villa,Ribery,Johnson,Ibrahimovic and more and yet we are making no progress in terms of actually signing players, its all just talk, i would love to see chelsea buy 2 or 3 quality players but i have a bad feeling that we will only get 1 if that

Zhirkov => Barcelona
Villa => Manchester United
Tevez => Manchester City or Tottenham
Ribery => Bayern Munich
Johnson => Chelsea
Ibrahimovic => Barcelona

Chelsea better move quickly and snap the players up before it's too late!

Frutty mate...

1) In City's system... its pretty much the same thing really with AMC and MC... because we seem to have the to opposites, being our holding players- de Jong, Kompany, Barry... and our flair midfielders- Ireland, Elano...

So i dont think theres much difference in VDV and Sniejder's position, potentially, in the team...

2) regarding Sneijder and Barry in the midfield- I'D MUCH RATHER HALF IRELAND! lol

3) i never said Huntelaar isn't as good as RSC or Cardozo... imo he's better but it was noted he struggled with the pace in Spain, and that he might not adapt to the PL (not my words)
In any case... looks like we're getting RSC :(

Argentine striker Carlos Tevez agreed to join Manchester City from bitter rivals Manchester United two weeks ago - and he will complete a £25.5m move in the next few days.
Full story: Daily Mirror

well vermaelen looks a decent signing for me anyway arsenal need a defender who can play anywhere in the back four.

need a few more signing now.

1) Sneijder plays on CM and VDV on AMC, so it is not the same position.
2)Sneijder will be good in CM with Barry, they will make a strong midfield.
3)Really, do you think that Huntelaar ain't pretty good for Man City than Santa Cruz or Cardozo?

I would absolutely love to see Manchester City beating Arsenal and gaining 4th place.

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

Today's most important Transfer Rumours:

West Ham have landed Inter Milan's Mancini and Luis Jimenez on season-long loans and will have first refusal on signing the winger and forward next summer.

Manchester City are close to capturing striker Roque Santa Cruz from Blackburn in a deal worth £15m, plus more depending on the success of the Paraguyan.
<!-- S ILIN -->
Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy may help Real Madrid recoup some of their extravagant summer spending by thrashing out a £37m deal to sign winger Arjen Robben, striker Klass-Jan Huntelaar and defender Gabriel Heinze.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger will step up his attempts to sign Fiorentina midfielder Felipe Melo with a £15m bid.

Fulham are keen on some Brazilian flair as they want to bring Manchester City striker Jo to Craven Cottage for £8m.

Middlesbrough managing director Keith Lamb says it "wouldn't be the easiest of negotiations from their (Spurs') point of view" but he would take Tottenham's call if they wanted to sign winger Stewart Downing.

Premier League new boys Birmingham have agreed a deal to sign defender Roger Johnson from Cardiff and are also interested in Tottenham midfielder Didier Zokora.
i guess you've decided to support spurs then cus if not you are the shittest arsenal fan ever.

Huntelaar played very good for Ajax he would be a good signing for some english teams..

all though i see him as the ajax player that always falls for free kicks and penalties :( not sure if he is doing this to get a freekick

Also he needs to learn to tempo of english football but if he joins Arsenal he could work with fellow robin van persie :D

Back