Sunderland V Arsenal Match Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 181
  • Views Views 8K

Winners ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's a minimum of 4 minutes. If I recall correctly, the ball went out for a corner at least once, it also went out for numerous throw ins and there were 1 or 2 free-kicks during the time as well. So, surely that adds up to 15 seconds?

Hence where the 15 seconds of play came from for Darren Bent to get his goal. Simples.

sure you'd have a different opion if it was Man utd.

sure you'd have a different opion if it was Man utd.

I wouldn't be happy about it, but I'd have to accept it. You weren't cheated. It's justified. Of course you won't be happy about it. I'm not expecting you too, but you should accept that you weren't cheated and that it's justified.

Yeah he said after the game Nasri was meant to be third choice penalty taker, but maybe because Nasri was the one brought down didn't want to take it. It's what henry used to do.

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

I wouldn't be happy about it, but I'd have to accept it. You weren't cheated. It's justified. Of course you won't be happy about it. I'm not expecting you too, but you should accept that you weren't cheated and that it's justified.

I accept it. They probably deserved it. but I just get annoyed with the incosistency of the refs in the premier league. Last week Everton were stopped when Baines was in acres of space. the play was no way near ended.

apparently its a unwritten rule most clubs use the person who wins the penalty should never take the penalty.

I accept it. They probably deserved it. but I just get annoyed with the incosistency of the refs in the premier league. Last week Everton were stopped when Baines was in acres of space. the play was no way near ended.

Yeah of course the inconsistency needs to be looked at. But there are people on this thread saying that they scored in the 95th minute of 4 minutes added time as if the extra minute appeared from nowhere. I was just stating that it was justified for him to add it on.

But yes, the referees are very inconsistent. But I guess we can't have perfect referee's in our division or any other division.

Yeah of course the inconsistency needs to be looked at. But there are people on this thread saying that they scored in the 95th minute of 4 minutes added time as if the extra minute appeared from nowhere. I was just stating that it was justified for him to add it on.

But yes, the referees are very inconsistent. But I guess we can't have perfect referee's in our division or any other division.

I know you cant have perfect refs but surely, one meeting to discuss whether you blow immediately on the added time, or allow some extra time for throw ins etc.. all this barring a really seroius inury during stoppage time then the extra time is justified

Yeah I guess, but it's something we have to live with until they manage to see common sense.

One more thing why are most of premier leagues refs really fat yet immensly fit?

1 point each is fair overall, doesn't stop me being disappointed in my team. Nasri should have taken the penalty, god knows why he didn't. The ref had a poor game in my opinion, Song had one bookable offence the way I see it and was more lenient towards Sunderland fouls. But that's just my opinion on the matter, with the way we performed we can't be too disappointed with a draw.

One more thing why are most of premier leagues refs really fat yet immensly fit?

im quite a big geezer but only a few months ago was playing Saturday league and in centre midfield. Fitness is about the physical side and the mentaility and if you tell yourself i will keep going then you can simple as that.

1 point each is fair overall, doesn't stop me being disappointed in my team. Nasri should have taken the penalty, god knows why he didn't. The ref had a poor game in my opinion, Song had one bookable offence the way I see it and was more lenient towards Sunderland fouls. But that's just my opinion on the matter, with the way we performed we can't be too disappointed with a draw.[/QUOTE/]

Ref made correct call sending off song he tripped steed first half then blocked him two clear yellow.

Great point lads and just what we deserved

Sunderland deserved a... point

Eh? We deserved point at very least we were better team for most of the game even before you went down to ten men but like all big teams no reward for Sunderland was all down to poor refereeing and not the fact they were outplayed

Eh? We deserved point at very least we were better team for most of the game even before you went down to ten men but like all big teams no reward for Sunderland was all down to poor refereeing and not the fact they were outplayed

You did play well

two points dropped we were the better team on the day and should of made it 0-2 with the pen why rosicky took it i`ll never know, credit to sunderland they kept going till the end and even though i agree it was well in excese of the 4 mins the game is on till the whistle is blown, the ref was poor songs red was a joke but all in all thats nothing to do with sunderland so credit to them, to all the gooner fans take hart that we lost this game last year so consider it a point gained that how i see it. chin up come on blackpool lol. just imo.

Can someone tell me why the **** was Rosicky taking the penalty? So much for Arsenal's policy 'if you get fouled you don't take the penalty'. Nasri was on the pitch, Chamakh was on the pitch, I'd even fancied Clichy over Rosicky for the penalty.

Back