Sunderland V Arsenal Match Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 181
  • Views Views 8K

Winners ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Arsenal will be kicking themselves not coming away with the 3 points. Very similar to the events at the Fulham - United game, obviously some of the blame will be put on Rosicky like it was on Nani.

Good game as a neutral, on the balance of play I'd say it was the right result.

i think i gynxed it cause i find it freaky how when arsenal were awarded the pen i said to my brother in law imagine if arsenal miss and sunderland score in injury time and thats what happened :D

i think i gynxed it cause i find it freaky how when arsenal were awarded the pen i said to my brother in law imagine if arsenal miss and sunderland score in injury time and thats what happened :D

Dahm you CFC "shakes fist at screen" :P

Ah well lets look forward To WBA at the Emirates on Saturday :)

Ack, fair result but to concede in the fifth minute of extra time when it was +4 idk, seems a tad unfair, still i suppose Sunderland deserved a point.

Ack, fair result but to concede in the fifth minute of extra time when it was +4 idk, seems a tad unfair, still i suppose Sunderland deserved a point.

i agree mate ref had a shocker

Wow, Its called a MINIMUM for a reason, if you had scored again you wouldn't be moaning. Plus it was only about 15 secs after the +4 minutes when it went in, and whats the ref supposed to do, blow the whistle whilst theyve got the ball in the area?

Get over it, you both could have scored in that 5th minuted but you didnt.

i agree mate ref had a shocker

what because an Arsenal player actually got sent off??? Wenger can moan all he likes but they are no saints. I understand your ****** off and upset with what happend but there was nothing wrong with the sending off or the late goal simple as that.

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

Wow, Its called a MINIMUM for a reason, if you had scored again you wouldn't be moaning. Plus it was only about 15 secs after the +4 minutes when it went in, and whats the ref supposed to do, blow the whistle whilst theyve got the ball in the area?

Get over it, you both could have scored in that 5th minuted but you didnt.

and they missed a pen, If they scored that then im sure Arsenal would have taken all 3 points.

It's a minimum of 4 minutes. If I recall correctly, the ball went out for a corner at least once, it also went out for numerous throw ins and there were 1 or 2 free-kicks during the time as well. So, surely that adds up to 15 seconds?

Hence where the 15 seconds of play came from for Darren Bent to get his goal. Simples.

Shame. Still, proves how good Bent is at the moment, that I don't think anyone can deny.

Preferred it if Arsenal battered 'em, but c'est la vie.

for me Bent is in the top 5 best finishers in the league right now. at the end of the day Arsenal had the best chance to score in the 2nd half and fluffed it.

It makes it 10x worse that dafty Rosiky skied the pen over the bar, why did Chamkh or Nasri not take it?

I think Rosicky used to take them for Dortmund, and I'm pretty sure he took them for Czech Republic so he's experienced in it. He was probably nervous seeing as he was away from home, and hasn't scored a goal since January.

I think Rosicky used to take them for Dortmund, and I'm pretty sure he took them for Czech Republic so he's experienced in it. He was probably nervous seeing as he was away from home, and hasn't scored a goal since January.

yes but he could have placed it instead of blasting it

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

i wouldn't ov minded if Chamakh scored he is in my dreamteam lol.

he's in mine to

Back