Super Hooper called up to England U21

Reaction score
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/9425802.stm

Hooper, who at one stage was rumoured to be under consideration by Scotland boss Craig Levein, is glad that the country of his birth has come calling.
And he is still confused over whether there was ever really an opportunity for him to play in the dark blue jersey, despite the speculation.
"I don't know what happened with that but Stuart Pearce has put me in the squad," he said.

I didn't know this though!

good player hope he does well with the young lions :)

Heard very good things about him. Hopefully he settles in well at international level.

I know it's within the UEFA and FIFA rules and everything but does anybody else think that it's strange that we can call up a 23 year-old to our under-21 squad?

Its not, you can all a player up over the age of 21 as long as they were 21 or under when the tournament started.

Done well in the Championship and seems to be doing well in Scotland too. Will need a move to the PL to prove his real potential and if he keeps playing well then i expect it to happen within the next 1-2 seasons.

Done well in the Championship and seems to be doing well in Scotland too. Will need a move to the PL to prove his real potential and if he keeps playing well then i expect it to happen within the next 1-2 seasons.

A bit like Charlie Adam, eh? (A)

I know it's within the UEFA and FIFA rules and everything but does anybody else think that it's strange that we can call up a 23 year-old to our under-21 squad?

"Hooper can play in the European Under-21 Championship because the qualifying campaign for this tournament began two years ago and it is a player's age at that time that determines his eligibility."

I think it's weird too, but that is why.

Hooper has done superb for Celtic this season its fully deserved. Possibly signing of the season, Pains me to say its either him or Izaguirre. Hope they both get snapped up at the end of the season along with Kayal.

Hooper has done superb for Celtic this season its fully deserved. Possibly signing of the season, Pains me to say its either him or Izaguirre. Hope they both get snapped up at the end of the season along with Kayal.
Izzy agent says he wont be leaving in the near future.

Kayal loves Celtic and the only team he likes as much is United. So if we get in the champions league next year then I doubt he will leave.

Amazing work by both Lennon and John Park.

I reckon they'll stay at least another season, especially as we're gonna win the league! (6)

Kayal loves Celtic and the only team he likes as much is United. So if we get in the champions league next year then I doubt he will leave.

Oh, we'll see about that. ;)

He is no Glen Johnson, dont know what all the hype is about anyway he is ****.

That should keep them off his track for another few weeks

John park truly is an awesome scout done wonders for Hibs aswell.

As much as it pains me also, Lennon and co. have done some fantastic work bringing in Hooper, Izzy and Kayal. Fully merited call up, all be it the U21 squad. Would have liked to have seen him in a Scotland jersey, meh, we still have Commons and Bardsley I suppose :)