Super Hooper called up to England U21

Hooper has had a better 1st season that Larsson had, whats to say that Hooper wont be as good as Larsson?

Read the last part, the SPL was much much better then than it is now, you can't deny that, that is what I am saying goes against Hooper being as good as Larsson, he might become as good as him but it will be harder to prove unless the SPL quality gets higher or unless he goes to a better league.

Read the last part, the SPL was much much better then than it is now, you can't deny that, that is what I am saying goes against Hooper being as good as Larsson, he might become as good as him but it will be harder to prove unless the SPL quality gets higher or unless he goes to a better league.
but he can hopefully prove himself in Europe ;)

Ohhhh ^ :p I like it haha, I do see where neall is coming from, Because what you have to remember is Wayne Rooney, Andy Carroll, Gabby Agb, Defoe and more are all playing in the Prem So it's going to be hard for him to get into the squad playing in the SPL because if I have a defoe and gabby playing and scoring 10 goals in 16 games say and a Hooper scoring 16 in 16 or whatever I know who I would pick.

I still think Boyd if he get the type of service he needs he would score at the top level not because hes a good player but hes a great finisher and box player, hes your typical striker and if he gets the ball in the box he will score. Charlie Adam was hot and cold and rangers, Times he was superb and times he was poor the problem with him was he was fat :S and I don't blame charlie for that I blame Rangers because obviously something was going wrong. I've still got my rangers top with Adam on the back :D - I liked him.

larsson was way to good to be at celtic at the time...but it was one of those rare cases of player loyalty. It's not that i think celtic or rangers aren't any good, they would be good equivalent premiership teams its the standard of the Spl...it's like playing non league teams every match its hard to improve as a player in my opinion.

During the Larsson/O'Neill years, Celtic was actually a very good side allround. Petrov's still playing I imagine?

no we have mark wilson (not that he is better than johnson but is good enough for the spl) and hooper is prob twice the player johnson is

oh thanks and izzaguire is thrice the player johnson can ever be (and it is meant to be thrice)

Michael Higdon now on the same amount of league goals as Gary Who?per & 4 more than Rangers top scorer :D

its good to see a player that started at a blue square n/s team and has worked his way up with grays southend leyton orient hereford Scunthrope this proves that league two and below do produce good players look at kightly and joe hart,

its good to see a player that started at a blue square n/s team and has worked his way up with grays southend leyton orient hereford Scunthrope this proves that league two and below do produce good players look at kightly and joe hart,

Yeah, he's went far and I expect him to be playing in the EPL in a few years.

Gattuso was played out of position during his last season (RB), which was why he didn't do well. Adam was AWFUL at Rangers (he was booed by his own supporters so much his own dad couldn't stand going to the games any more); he was also played out of position (winger).

Larsson showed he was among the best at Celtic, why couldn't Hooper?

Larsson didnt show he was among the best at celtic at all.... He was never talked in the same breath as the other top forwards in europe at the time, it wasnt until he moved to Spain that people outside britain know about him properly

He really is a quality player who I expect to be in the PL in a couple years. Just look at Scunthorpe. He basically kept them up by himself and now look at them without him, doomed to go down into league 1

He really is a quality player who I expect to be in the PL in a couple years. Just look at Scunthorpe. He basically kept them up by himself and now look at them without him, doomed to go down into league 1

Scunny have had good strikers over the years, Billy sharp Andy keogh Jermaine Beckford hooper because of nigel adkins, i think he is a class manager

Larsson didnt show he was among the best at celtic at all.... He was never talked in the same breath as the other top forwards in europe at the time, it wasnt until he moved to Spain that people outside britain know about him properly

You really aren't a very good troll, Scott. The rest of the world isn't as England-centric as you think. I remember my pals at school asking me loads about Larsson at the time, as they'd heard of him, and this was in Norway. These were 10 year olds or so.