Super Hooper called up to England U21

Strange, no-one mentioning how wonderful Efrain Juarez and Daryl Murphy have been :S

last time i checked all u21's teams are allowed 2 players over 21 (no older than 25 ) but that was 4 years ago...

Last edited:
From what ive seen he has got great finishing and a great first touch.In my opinion would do well as a partner for carrol.

Strange, no-one mentioning how wonderful Efrain Juarez and Daryl Murphy have been :S
To be fair Juarez doesnt look bad when he gets the chance. But he supposedly is lazy in training and just generally doesnt give a **** about football :S

On another note Rogne has been called up for Norway for the first time. I couldnt believe it I though he would have a right few caps by know tbh.

Well done to hooper, hope he can keep up his scoring form and score a few for the under 21s and get his call up to the senior side
although i wish he had some scottish grandparents or something :p

If he does get a full call up he'll be the first england international we've had in a ages (not counting alan thompsons 1 cap lol)

To be fair Juarez doesnt look bad when he gets the chance. But he supposedly is lazy in training and just generally doesnt give a **** about football :S

On another note Rogne has been called up for Norway for the first time. I couldnt believe it I though he would have a right few caps by know tbh.

Oh, good news for him. How long will it be before Forrest gets himself a call-up?

He's probably gonna be on the bench, but he's been called up before, but not played. It'll probably be Hangeland and Wæhler, but Rogne may play.

Untill he proves him self at a better team/league, I don't think he is ready, Boyd for example, all time top SPL scorer, look at him now, struggled to get a game for boro now is away on loan. Hooper has ptential but needs to go to a prem team to fulfill that potential.

Untill he proves him self at a better team/league, I don't think he is ready, Boyd for example, all time top SPL scorer, look at him now, struggled to get a game for boro now is away on loan. Hooper has ptential but needs to go to a prem team to fulfill that potential.

Well he done very well already for Scunthorpe.

Hooper is in a different league to Boyd.

A bit like Charlie Adam, couldn't hack it at the SPL due to not being very good, same with Gattuso, so they moved. SPL is too good for a lot of people.

Boyd would score f he got service really. He wasnt great at Rangers he just got served the ball and put it in the back of the net.
Hoopers all round play is way better.
Surly if he gets playing in Europe next season that would be enough to prove himself?

and you consider Scunny a decent team? I mean the prem as I said.

I meant that Scunthorpe are worse than 'Boro, so the service's poorer, so two very different situations for Boyd/Hooper.

Hooper is in a different league to Boyd.

He is better, but what I am saying is wouldn't want him playing for England untill he is proven in a decent prem team.

A bit like Charlie Adam, couldn't hack it at the SPL due to not being very good, same with Gattuso, so they moved. SPL is too good for a lot of people.

Nothing at all like that, Gattuso very done well, he was sold as he didnt get on with the new manager, he scored 7 in 40 games for rangers, he has scored 8 in 323 for Milan, shows a difference. My point still stands about Hooper needing to prove himself in a better league.
As for Adam, he wasn't bad at Rangers, didn't get the chance he deserved though.

---------- Post added at 04:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 AM ----------

I meant that Scunthorpe are worse than 'Boro, so the service's poorer, so two very different situations for Boyd/Hooper.

Hooper is more of an individual player to Boyd tbh, doesn't need as much support but I know what you mean.

Nothing at all like that, Gattuso very done well, he was sold as he didnt get on with the new manager, he scored 7 in 40 games for rangers, he has scored 8 in 323 for Milan, shows a difference. My point still stands about Hooper needing to prove himself in a better league.

As for Adam, he wasn't bad at Rangers, didn't get the chance he deserved though.

Gattuso was played out of position during his last season (RB), which was why he didn't do well. Adam was AWFUL at Rangers (he was booed by his own supporters so much his own dad couldn't stand going to the games any more); he was also played out of position (winger).

Larsson showed he was among the best at Celtic, why couldn't Hooper?

Think people are being a bit dis-respectful to the SPL. Hooper knows where the goal is and has done well this season. I also believe he is a different type of striker to what the full national side currently has.

larsson was way to good to be at celtic at the time...but it was one of those rare cases of player loyalty. It's not that i think celtic or rangers aren't any good, they would be good equivalent premiership teams its the standard of the Spl...it's like playing non league teams every match its hard to improve as a player in my opinion.

Gattuso was played out of position during his last season (RB), which was why he didn't do well. Adam was AWFUL at Rangers (he was booed by his own supporters so much his own dad couldn't stand going to the games any more); he was also played out of position (winger).

Larsson showed he was among the best at Celtic, why couldn't Hooper?

Gattuso was still amazing, SPL has changed so much though, Larsson was much better than Hooper, SPL was much better than it is now.

Gattuso was still amazing, SPL has changed so much though, Larsson was much better than Hooper, SPL was much better than it is now.
Hooper has had a better 1st season that Larsson had, whats to say that Hooper wont be as good as Larsson?